Celtic v Raith Rov. - Scottish Cup, Sunday 13th Feb 4pm

Surprised to see as many started that you would expect to be involved on Thursday, but understandable also with a game that still needed to be won.
Got the result in the end, but very disappointing to have to depend upon the quality on the bench to achieve it all the same.
To many given an opportunity to shine and push harder for an actual starting position, but fluffed there chances imo.
For the first and only time this season I believe we seen a bit of complacency by ourselves and think Ange will be wanting to knock that on the head very quickly.
Cup games are only about getting the result and move on, so successful in that regards, but the manner in doing so was very disappointing for long periods of that game still.
Neil Lennon wouldn't have made any changes after the first half and that's one of the differences between this season and last
As long as we have the players who can come in and get the job done, we'll be alright
A couple of times today, our back line and Joe Hart had me cringing with their short pass backs and tippy tappy play around out 18 yard line
The one time Joe was out near the sideline and the ball was lobbed to him, over an attacker
At that point you couldn't have slipped a razor blade between the cheeks of my arse...ooer missus
No doubt big Ange had a 'dsicussion' with the team at half time
Probably started with "MATE !!!..."
Onwards and upwards
The draw is tomorrow, don't care who we get, we're on the road again...
HH

I think that's why ccv was off his game. Welsh was poor. I'm surprised starfelt hasn't been blamed for the poor first half!
I might start a starfelt appreciation thread.
Oh wait.......
Some crazy mother fucker beat you to that I’m sure 😂
Games like tonight are good for us
They’re the blunt instrument required when the teams getting ahead of themselves and supporters have got us down for trebles and European trophies this season

More performances like tonight are a given if we start any game with the wrong attitude. It’s also a reminder we’re only a few injuries/changes away from being a different team altogether
Better to do it when your playing so called lesser teams

but in fairness to raith I thought they were more than decent for 60/70 minutes. Came with a good attitude and we’re organised without being martindalesque

Not the big man's first BBQ, he knows what he and the fans want, and expect, and he knows how to handle the media, even the friendly ones
YNWA
Whilst watching the game you heard him bellow at the Team the commentary team said it was him saying that’s not good enough to be fair it was very industrial type language. His Standards are set you don’t go below them.
This for me is the mark of a winner
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Ange's reaction is a wake up call for every player. Either give of your best, or it is not acceptable. No dressing up of a lacklustre performance. I was delighted with his attitude. It is exactly what we need at this crucial time of the season. He is putting the club first and foremost.That is fine by me.

Last edited:
Aye, yesterday was a shite day the moment I stood on a upturned phone charger plug, woke up the street, also interrupted the neighbours headboard banging session, had tae go & apologise, I gave them a bit of foam tae stop the drum beat, fuckin young yins these days, wae common sense they'd be fuckin dangerous.

Had tae drive up, as the boys decided tae go on the Whisky on Saturday. Then we get tae Paradise find oot we're in the Jock Stein stand front section, (don't like sitting behind the goal) nearly lost the nut, but Big Ange did (ooft) sound like stop fuckin about, fuckin attack

Nae atmosphere, fuckin rain, shite 1st half, 2nd was a wee bit better, through tae the next round

Last edited:
Daily Ranger going to have a field day with this Raith denied stonewall penalty they’ll have lines and everything close ups of where the ball hit his arm
I think if it hits another part of the body first its not a penalty.
Also his arms were in a natural position.
Don't let the rules interfering with a go at Celtic to justify the huns getting penalties and opposing players sent off.

Back