Celtic v Raith Rov. - Scottish Cup, Sunday 13th Feb 4pm

The morning after and I'm more happy with the result than i was yesterday. Raith rovers are a side who have a good chance of being an SPL club next season, they have put Aberdeen out of one cup this season , we didnt play well for most of the game without ever being under any pressure , GG got his goal, julien returned , as did Gucci, hatate played a full 90 for the first time ( I think) , maeda scored again , scales' screamer , jotas brilliant sub appearance and terrible weather so really lots of positives to take from yesterdays 1 off cup game. Only downside was the MJ injury recurrence. Such a shame the bhoy never gets a break. Not sure Ange had to make the number of subs he did once GG got the 2nd but he was making a point and that's also positive, comfortable in that game isnt good enough and rightly so. I love watching the bhoys celebrations when we score , everyones involved and anyone can see the real togetherness amongst this side who are still getting to know one another. Bitton did ok deputising as captain again though his penalty was poor. 7 changes to the starting XI so when all is said, 4-0 it's a good result if not the greatest performance weve seen and we move on knowing it will be a stronger XI next time and well done the ghirls v shevco HH 🍀

Well in the words of our Manager, "What the f### was that", that first half yesterday had me thinking I'd picked the wrong week to start an antibiotics course, feelings of last season flowed through me and I wasn't sure if it was the meds or not. 😱

However second half seen a return to this seasons form thankfully.

Good to see Julien back and picking a Motm wasn't easy, I went for big Nir despite his penalty passback 🤣.

Second half yesterday we had more Bhoys from the rising sun than Scots playing for us, I doubt thats ever happened in our history eh, but it will be a more common sight as the season goes on.👍

Up next a brand spanking new tournament under the disco lights at Celtic Park.

Mon the hoops.

Happy to have them both. Obviously two very different types of players, but, for me, it's too early to single one out as better or worse than the other. Both still have a lot to prove over the remainder of this season and beyond.
I think Maeda is more of a poacher than GG both are quick and are often caught offside, GG especially at times makes me wonder if they play the offside trap in Holland, different styles but Maeda seems to have settled quicker than GG , whether that's because hes played for Ange before Idk but same as you happy to have both. GG looked like a weight had been lifted when he scored and was disappointed to go off , another good sign. We have still to see the best of both HH

Just wondering here , was I alone in thinking that when jota was show boating somewhat against rovers with his flicks and tricks that it might enrage a rover to throw the hammer?

Julien has an 11cm height advantage over Starfelt.
Size isnt all that important , my other half tells me this all the time, not sure if it's a compliment or a put down 😂 it's how you use that size that's important and aye I've heard that wan before as well 🤔

Don’t think anyone was happy with the first half ,start of second better big improvement when our regular players came on hope fringe players took note of the standard if you want to play for Celtic as far as the penalty calls goes you could argue a case for both but don’t think the end result would be any different we have a winning team and that is what is causing concern to other teams and pundits alike

Back