Celtic v RB Leipzig, Tuesday 11th October, 8pm

Gary67

Sounds like Jota won't play, maybe on the bench?
Hope Ange plays either Abildgaard or Mooy in the midfield between O'Riley and Hatate. If Jota out then Haksabanovic can move to his natural position of left wing with Abada on the right. I would expect Kyogo to start ahead of Giakoumakis. I'd start Welsh before Jenz.

Hart
Juranovic Carter-Vickers Welsh Taylor
O'Riley Abildgaard Hatate
Abada Kyogo Haksabanovic

Subs Bain Siegrist Ralston Bernabei Jenz Mooy Turnbull McCarthy Jota Forrest Maeda Giakoumakis

Jota for Abada is fit.

A win seems the least likely result to me. We're missing too many chances and are susceptible to fast break aways in behind our full backs. Leipzig's strengths exploits ours weaknesses.
I think a score draw most likely result. 2-2

For me, this is how we should line up, no question

Hart

Jura Carter Jenz Taylor
O'Reilly Haska Hatate
Abada Giako Kyogo

Blow them away first 30 mins

I know we tried the wee man there once before (v Huns) but he was just in the door!
I'm pretty sure he played there plenty for his old team

3-1 Broony (2) Aitken

Haksa looks the business, and he's eager for an opportunity
Big GG should start imho
He can get in amongst their defence
Greg Taylor has played in midfield before and he moves through the midfield at times when we're coming forward
Good to see CCV back, and I can't see Leipzig sitting back, so we have to be on it, from the start
COYBIG

I think it's too much of an ask for us to beat them, in spite of the fact we've had some great nights under the lights, with the fans behind the team
One too many injuries in key positions, I hope I'm wrong, but I have Leipzig winning by the odd goal
They can have a shaky defence, but their forward line, can fill the net, they put 5 away against us, but only 3 counted
We on the other hand, shaky defence at times, and profligate in front of goal
Prove me wrong, Ange and the Bhoys
HH

Last edited:
That midfield three at the weekend were taken off with tomorrow night in mind. Jamesy likely to ne involved. Jota touch and go. Gerry McCulloch fought our corner and Ange's brilliant one liner as he walked off stage. I was at the media conference today, here's what happened....

Celtic manager on Jota’s problem: “Muscle strain, fatigue, too good looking”...

Ma team
Harte
Juranovic CCV Merc Taylor
Hatate Abildgaard O’Riley
Abada Kyogo Haksabanovic

2-1 Hausa/Kyogo
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Back