Celtic v the currant buns 29th August- match thread

What's your thoughts on the team tomorrow? Should we start Abada? I think he is a wonderful player but personally I think this may not be the game for him to start - he us young, inexperienced and quite lightweight, so not sure that this game at the Bigotdome is quite for him yet. I think he will be an excellent player to bring on after an hour to scare the bejesus out of their defence with his frightening speed.

I don't mean any disrespect to Abada but I think we need to be ready for a battle in the early stages (thanks to Scottish referees!) and can then run riot later on.

What's your thoughts on the team tomorrow? Should we start Abada? I think he is a wonderful player but personally I think this may not be the game for him to start - he us young, inexperienced and quite lightweight, so not sure that this game at the Bigotdome is quite for him yet. I think he will be an excellent player to bring on after an hour to scare the bejesus out of their defence with his frightening speed.

I don't mean any disrespect to Abada but I think we need to be ready for a battle in the early stages (thanks to Scottish referees!) and can then run riot later on.
Who would you like to see start instead of Abada?

I agree that it's a big ask for a young player who hasn't come across players from the dark side.

Is it possible we dont know the full story about the virus at the cesspit..
Nothing but lies come out of their mouths..
This boy is on loan at Livingston from sevco therefore we assume he trains with Livingston where he must have made close contact to his team mates,is this not a self isolation case.
Has he also made close contact with his sevco pals after training,is this why they pulled the boy or do we believe their statement...he was rested following the pandemic tests..

HH

Who would you like to see start instead of Abada?

I agree that it's a big ask for a young player who hasn't come across players from the dark side.
It depends what is happening with Eddy and the fitness of some players. This is the type of battle we bought McCarthy for but he is lacking match fitness. Soro is also lacking gametime too but I wouldn't mind a defensively minded player at the base of the midfield to provide some protection to our defence in this kind of game.

Forrest has a great record but can be a wee bit of a fanny, but he does contribute goals.

To be honest - I am not really sure how I'd line up but I trust Ange to get it right a lot more often than he gets ut wrong.

Is it possible we dont know the full story about the virus at the cesspit..
Nothing but lies come out of their mouths..
This boy is on loan at Livingston from sevco therefore we assume he trains with Livingston where he must have made close contact to his team mates,is this not a self isolation case.
Has he also made close contact with his sevco pals after training,is this why they pulled the boy or do we believe their statement...he was rested following the pandemic tests..

HH
Is it not totally bizarre that three days after it sneaked out about covid positive results within this squad that no-one outwith their inner circle actually knows who the hell is positive? Every other club that has has players contract this virus has publicly stated who it is within their organisation. But not this shower of cheating twats. The health and safety of their players or their opponents is ignored as they pull every stunt in the book.

Last edited:
Just hope the players don't choke and play the way Ange is drilling into them. They are there for the taking.
I have more confidence in our players turning up tomorrow ready for the match with clearly defined tactics, and also the ability to changes these if things up if needbe, than I have done for ages.

I think it will be much tougher than many fans believe but we should/will win out in the end. The result is everything and I am going for a hard-fought 3-1 win to the hood guys.

I have more confidence in our players turning up tomorrow ready for the match with clearly defined tactics, and also the ability to changes these if things up if needbe, than I have done for ages.

I think it will be much tougher than many fans believe but we should/will win out in the end. The result is everything and I am going for a hard-fought 3-1 win to the hood guys.
When things got tough the other night Ange made the right calls pal. Might come back to bite my bum but i also feel confident. A wee bit like the MON era.

I think if Ange sends the team out to play with the same intensity as the past few weeks then we will blow the tramps away. They're running scared and have their excuses made already re Covid, want away players etc.

My only fear is our vulnerable defence and der hun will be targeting our frailties as well as attempt to maim our bhoys when we give them the runaround. Certain players (eldonkeyo) are noted divers and will go overboard so much that the MIB will eventually give in to their demands.

There are factors that we can't do anything about but we have to play our own game and every player has to turn up and play to the highest level and sustain that for 95mins. There's no room in the team for anyone who scares easily or who wants to hide because the boss will have them replaced now that we have more strength and depth.

Tomorrow is the time to shine.

Mon the Hoops 💚

I think if Ange sends the team out to play with the same intensity as the past few weeks then we will blow the tramps away. They're running scared and have their excuses made already re Covid, want away players etc.

My only fear is our vulnerable defence and der hun will be targeting our frailties as well as attempt to maim our bhoys when we give them the runaround. Certain players (eldonkeyo) are noted divers and will go overboard so much that the MIB will eventually give in to their demands.

There are factors that we can't do anything about but we have to play our own game and every player has to turn up and play to the highest level and sustain that for 95mins. There's no room in the team for anyone who scares easily or who wants to hide because the boss will have them replaced now that we have more strength and depth.

Tomorrow is the time to shine.

Mon the Hoops 💚
This is my only concern is the long ball over the top and not being able to deal with knock downs and secondary balls, sowe need someone better at mopping up harm on the edge of our own box.

This is my only concern is the long ball over the top and not being able to deal with knock downs and secondary balls, sowe need someone better at mopping up harm on the edge of our own box.
That's their main tactic anyway BB but they're really pretty shite just now and it won't say much about us if we don't beat them. They'll have to play out to please their own audience and leave themselves vulnerable at the back too but they're looking fairly one dimensional.

Keep the faith and in Ange we trust. 🍀

Back