Celtic v theRangers 1.30pm. Sunday 30 April at Hampden Park, Glasgow, Scotland

Imatim

It looks like only James Forrest will be unavailable for selection.

Would you start any of Hatate, Abada and Jota on Sunday, or would it be too much of a risk?

I don’t know if I would gamble on Hatate and Abada. Jota I think I would. Any thoughts?

Champions! That’s who we are…

Celtic Crest

Last edited:
It looks like only James Forrest will be unavailable for selection.

Would you start any of Hatate, Abada and Jota on Sunday, or would it be too much of a risk?

I don’t know if I would gamble on Hatate and Abada. Jota I think I would. Any thoughts?

Champions! That’s who we are…

Celtic Crest
Jota will start if fit, think he will be. Abada is fit and been training since last week so he'll be on the bench. Hatate more than likely won't be fit enough given it'll be 6 weeks since he limped off with hammy injury, but if he gets a week's training in then he could be on the bench

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain Ange has more or less said they are all close but would need to train this Full week to have any chance of making the semi final.
I dont expect to see Hatate atall unfortunately as you can usually get a vibe from Ange.
We could really be doing with Jota coming back as Hacksaw not cutting it as a starter and Abada as a back up is much needed.
Hoping the huns continue to keep shouting the odds about how they are gonna beat us.

I'm pretty certain Ange has more or less said they are all close but would need to train this Full week to have any chance of making the semi final.
I dont expect to see Hatate atall unfortunately as you can usually get a vibe from Ange.
We could really be doing with Jota coming back as Hacksaw not cutting it as a starter and Abada as a back up is much needed.
Hoping the huns continue to keep shouting the odds about how they are gonna beat us.
Don’t think it’s helped Hacksaw being played on the right

We need a least one of the winger fit, if anything Saturdays game versus Motherwell we need a bit of skill out on the wing, to throw the balls intae kyogom, Maeda is ineffective against the low block, there just no space to run into, so he biggest asset, his pace can’t be used, but Sunday will be a different game

When Rangers lose the semifinal their season is trophy less.
We would be on track for a glorious Treble
But they would still think they were superior to us.
Their gullibility and lack of insight is incredible
What scoreline would make them appreciate that they are losers?
6-0? 7-0 ? or what? A song was written when we beat them 7-1 and is still sung 60 years later.
What new song will be written after this weekend?

Last year I saw what appeared to me to be a blatant display of corrupt and cheating officiation.
I won't be joining the 'never made questionable decisions' club any time soon and can only imagine the pressure of maintaining focus and instant decision-making but we all know the difference between mistake and corruption.
I don't think we have the same concerns with Collum. I think he does the job to the best of his ability and hasn't displayed any indications of bias. He has made decisions which have angered fans of other clubs too and appears to be the type of referee who would benefit from VAR (yeah I know who's on it Sunday).

As much as I'd love to see us humiliate the deady bears and do another treble, I fear it won't be that easy.

They're a beast that's been stung by sheep at the weekend and will want to win this semi-final to save face.

We haven't been firing on all cylinders for weeks now and were very poor against Motherwell thus dropping 2 points at the weekend.

Have we reached our peak and run out of energy? I bloody hope not!!

Our saving grace is that Hatate, Jota and Abada are fit to go and that should see us sneak a narrow win.

Even if the MIB don't make any overtly biased decisions they still know how to disrupt our rhythm by stopping and starting the game.

We need to want this and want it badly.

Last edited:
Last year I saw what appeared to me to be a blatant display of corrupt and cheating officiation.
I won't be joining the 'never made questionable decisions' club any time soon and can only imagine the pressure of maintaining focus and instant decision-making but we all know the difference between mistake and corruption.
I don't think we have the same concerns with Collum. I think he does the job to the best of his ability and hasn't displayed any indications of bias. He has made decisions which have angered fans of other clubs too and appears to be the type of referee who would benefit from VAR (yeah I know who's on it Sunday).
Wullie Collum concerns me - not because I think he is biased, but because he is just very incompetent! He seems to ruin most games he is involved in because he hurries into making "big decisions", but far too often he is just guessing and he gets them wrong. I think every set of fans in all ters of Scottish fitba has horror stories of how he cost them matches through shear incompetence. Having him refereeing is just like having a wild card which can completely change the course of a match.

Unfortunately we have Steve McLean on VAR overseeing Collum. We all know his history - a mascot at Ibrokes as a youngster, brother of an ex-theRangers player who chose to player for Ulster at international level, who ignored the most blatant handball off the line ever to cost Delia a treble and who loves reffing his beloved sevco!
20220401_211451.jpg

Madden was a disgrace in that game. There was collusion with Sevco beforehand. Those Sevco midfielders would never have put in the challenges they did, in the first 20mins, unless they were told before the game that they can get wired in without consequences.
Any semi final or cup final team talk starts with, keep your discipline, no crazy tackles early in the game and no cheap bookings. They knew, they were told- no consequences. Lundbum or whatever he is called and Aribo could have each been booked 5 or 6 times in that game. It was pre mediated in collusion with Sevco. Biased, blatant, pre planned cheating from Sevco supporter Madden.
I expect Sunday to be a re-run of last years cheating. Makes it all the sweeter when we pummel them.

As much as I'd love to see us humiliate the deady bears and do another treble, I fear it won't be that easy.

They're a beast that's been stung by sheep at the weekend and will want to win this final to save face.

We haven't been firing on all cylinders for weeks now and were very poor against Motherwell thus dropping 2 points at the weekend.

Our saving grace is that Hatate, Jota and Abada are fit to go and that should see us sneak a narrow win.

Even if the MIB don't make any overtly biased decisions they still know how to disrupt our rhythm by stopping and starting the game.

I'm like you Shammy. I think it will be a very tough game. Yes, we have a squad who are superior in skill but they will be hurting and going all guns blazing trying to win this match using any means possible. Although I'd love to thrash them, I have watched enough Celtic games over the years to know that is not that likely.

We know they will try to win free kicks in our half as they work hard at set pieces and are good at them. They do have several goal threats and will surely be going all out to win this game. That is why it is vital that every single one of our players is up for the fight from the first whistle to the last.

No slacking, no silly errors, no excuses for the ref or VAR to step in and punish us. Total concentration at all times, do the simple stuff right and getting stuck in for every challenge - hard, but fair. If we do all that then our better players should overcome them and win.

The most important thing for me in any cup game is to get through to the next round. Anything extra on top of that is a bonus.

They're a beast that's been stung by sheep at the weekend and will want to win this final to save face.

That wee leprechaun telt me we were gonny kick feck oot o them .... ;) 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back