CELTIC v VALENCIA - all comments here

Hate digging ma team but some just not fit for purpose. Izzy why was he brought back?
Boyata look at my older thread leave that there.Brown last night but NAW sorry. Jozo where do you start looked shocked to get a pass half the time. Corpus out his depth (Will learn) calmac chasing shadows.midfield last night gave the defence no cover at all. Anyway all will be forgiven when we're havin a Rebel treble...with David Bowie. ???

Aye of a move

If Boyata had got his move to Fulham he would be in a relegation dog fight right noo. Europa League and Champions League would be a distant dream. Did Celtic do him a big favour by not selling him? Would he be a regular in the Fulham team? Will he still want to go there if Fulham are playing in the Championship? Are other teams interested in him?
Do the non Scottish players know the significance of ten in a row and how that would make them immortal legends?
If Boyata does leave where will he go?
HH Rich

If Boyata had got his move to Fulham he would be in a relegation dog fight right noo. Europa League and Champions League would be a distant dream. Did Celtic do him a big favour by not selling him? Would he be a regular in the Fulham team? Will he still want to go there if Fulham are playing in the Championship? Are other teams interested in him?
Do the non Scottish players know the significance of ten in a row and how that would make them immortal legends?
HH Rich
Not pointing out one player cause we were chronic across the board. Never seen what boyata has for some to give him such praise.
That's just me. Certainly me for one wouldn't build a defence Round him....fuckin no chance! Run at him and he's fucked.

HH Rich

More questions than answers, Richy.

Not pointing out one player cause we were chronic across the board. Never seen what boyata has for some to give him such praise.
That's just me. Certainly me for one wouldn't build a defence Round him....fuckin no chance! Run at him and he's fucked.
Should we try to keep him in the summer or let him go?
I'm not sure about him.
Benkovic would be ideal but too expensive. Will any of them take a lesson from Dembele and his dream move?
Rich

Never seen what boyata has for some to give him such praise.

Me neither TGS and on top of him being a bang average CB he's another one of those players where the inexplicable unforced fuck up is always just around the corner and they always seem to come in the big games at the worst possible moment.

HH.

Should we try to keep him in the summer or let him go?
I'm not sure about him.
Benkovic would be ideal but too expensive. Will any of them take a lesson from Dembele and his dream move?
Rich
Let him go no doubts about it can you see him being a Rock or organiser in defence?
Not being funny but shades of Eef Ambrose
About him and l still get the fear thinking about him.

We never landed a glove and our own mistakes cost us...again. It’s the same old freezing and cut throat approach that is getting us down. We never learn, we repeat the same shite. We don’t replace shite defenders. We just think because we can hammer shite teams in Scotland that will transfer to Europe. It doesn’t and it never will. That’s what fucks us off, not getting beat by better teams, but doing fuck all to fix glaring deficiencies everybody bar the manager and board has seen for three years.
Bang on mate,,Brendan has to shoulder a lot of the blame for rank signings,,Bain and sinky only two players last night he signed?after three years that’s pretty neglectful...

It's hard to compete with spanish clubs that can spend 35 million on one player.sometimes we get lucky and get a great result but the money for tv and sponsorship in Scotland is a pittance compared to England spain Germany and France. I know every body gets that and it's hard watching the hoops getting tanked at home but that's where we are at.may be some day a rich oil sheikh will ride in to town and shovel billions in to the club but that won't happen.what I I'm settling for is ten in a row with brendan Rodgers and Scott brown lifting the trophy who by the way is not passed it.let the basket case a cross town dream of sheikh. Our dream is real it's on the horizon. Keep er lite.
I refuse to accept the premise here. Celtic as a club has higher turnover than Valencia and their squad draws wages only £9m more than ours. There’s also A LOT more Celtic could be doing to increase turnover and provide funds to invest in the squad. Valencia are not world beaters - they’re a good team that has experience grinding out results against the best teams in the world, and they played very well last night while Celtic didn’t. But we shouldn’t use that fact as an excuse for our own failings. We are good enough to beat Valencia and we do have the resources to compete with them!

I refuse to accept the premise here. Celtic as a club has higher turnover than Valencia and their squad draws wages only £9m more than ours. There’s also A LOT more Celtic could be doing to increase turnover and provide funds to invest in the squad. Valencia are not world beaters - they’re a good team that has experience grinding out results against the best teams in the world, and they played very well last night while Celtic didn’t. But we shouldn’t use that fact as an excuse for our own failings. We are good enough to beat Valencia and we do have the resources to compete with them!
So going with what your saying 9m is only the financial difference fine. what about the quality of league opposition they play week in week out is that comparable? We play in a fundamentally inferior league which in my mind undermines us in Europe. But you can only pish with the clock your given

So going with what your saying 9m is only the financial difference fine. what about the quality of league opposition they play week in week out is that comparable? We play in a fundamentally inferior league which in my mind undermines us in Europe. But you can only pish with the clock your given
The difference in quality opposition between La Liga and SPL is vast and obviously plays a part in the loss last night. I am not suggesting otherwise, but there’s nothing we can do about that, nor has it inhibited Scottish clubs from going on deep runs in Europe in the past, both us and oldco Rangers, and even Aberdeen if one wants to get in their way back machine.

But the premise that Valencia have a superior squad and we can’t compete with them is nonsense. Financially we’re on par with them and we have quality players who have done the business for us even in Europe in the past. It was only 2 years ago that we put 3 goals past a Man City team that was far superior to what we faced last night.

Losing last night hurt because it was a very winnable game for us. To suggest otherwise is to make excuses for what is otherwise a failure for those at the club to achieve their potential - whether that’s the players, the manager and coaches, or those in the board room.

I’m not here to throw stones at people in our own club. But I also refuse to accept excuses for losing an otherwise winnable game. Valencia won last night because they turned up last night with a good game plan and didn’t make mistakes. We lost because we did neither, not because we are inferior to them.

The difference in quality opposition between La Liga and SPL is vast and obviously plays a part in the loss last night. I am not suggesting otherwise, but there’s nothing we can do about that, nor has it inhibited Scottish clubs from going on deep runs in Europe in the past, both us and oldco Rangers, and even Aberdeen if one wants to get in their way back machine.

But the premise that Valencia have a superior squad and we can’t compete with them is nonsense. Financially we’re on par with them and we have quality players who have done the business for us even in Europe in the past. It was only 2 years ago that we put 3 goals past a Man City team that was far superior to what we faced last night.

Losing last night hurt because it was a very winnable game for us. To suggest otherwise is to make excuses for what is otherwise a failure for those at the club to achieve their potential - whether that’s the players, the manager and coaches, or those in the board room.

I’m not here to throw stones at people in our own club. But I also refuse to accept excuses for losing an otherwise winnable game. Valencia won last night because they turned up last night with a good game plan and didn’t make mistakes. We lost because we did neither, not because we are inferior to them.

Man City are superior, but we are not as good as the team that played them. We have got worse year in year through lack of investment in fixing glaring weaknesses in our team. If anybody thinks we will actually fix that in the summer I can give them my psychiatrists number.

Hope Burke does not play or plays poor on the return leg.
Don't want WBA fans to have easy access to see what their boy can do. If they never see him play it might just give Celtic a slim chance to sign him.
That run of Burkes in extra time yesterday, taking control from a threat in our half and going right into their box on his own and with such strength and speed, a long time since we have had that combination in the forwards.

Don't want WBA fans to have easy access to see what their boy can do. If they never see him play it might just give Celtic a slim chance to sign him.
That run of Burkes in extra time yesterday, taking control from a threat in our half and going right into their box on his own and with such strength and speed, a long time since we have had that combination in the forwards.

To think we had players who could do that week in week out?

HH?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back