Celtic vs TheRangers - Match Thread

Today was not our day , we pummelled them from start to finish, the better team did not win but that’s football , the league was lost 2 months ago , pathetic decisions made by management and individual players have cost us dearly
The huns go on to win there first league title and it’s down to us , we have beat ourselves and let them look as though they are a decent team , they are not , today proves that
We must now regroup , Lenny thank you but now fall on your sword mate , total clear out
Ntcham , cheerio , Christie goodbye , barkas , beat it , ajer , away you go , eddy , your numbers up Duffy disappear , bitton see ya
In fact anyone who does not want to be here
Thanks for your effort now go
We are Celtic , the jersey does not shrink

Today was not our day , we pummelled them from start to finish, the better team did not win but that’s football , the league was lost 2 months ago , pathetic decisions made by management and individual players have cost us dearly
The huns go on to win there first league title and it’s down to us , we have beat ourselves and let them look as though they are a decent team , they are not , today proves that
We must now regroup , Lenny thank you but now fall on your sword mate , total clear out
Ntcham , cheerio , Christie goodbye , barkas , beat it , ajer , away you go , eddy , your numbers up Duffy disappear , bitton see ya
In fact anyone who does not want to be here
Thanks for your effort now go
We are Celtic , the jersey does not shrink
PL would have an attack of the vapours at the thought of having to spend money on a new team, TT

I dont blame Neil Lennon for this defeat today but I dont think he is the man to lead us into the next campaign.
In fact I would say he got it almost spot on,I have said all season big Nir at centre back is a car crash waiting to happen,absolutely no pace whatsoever,but who else do we play,for a club as big as Celtic not to have ready made cover in every position is a absolute disgrace..
As much as we castigated Brendan Rogers for the way he left us there can be no comparrison in the coaching skills of these two Celtic coaches.
Every time Rogers put a team on to Parkhead I was confident we would win,I have never had the same feeling since Lennon took over at Tyncastle the night Eddy scored the winner in extra time.
I dont think at any time did Rogers want to be one of the Bhoys,I think he looked for and got respect from everybody at Parkhead except Lawwell.
For me Lawwell saw Brendan Rogers as a massive threat,Lawwell had built up the biggest war chest ever accumulated by any Scottish team and here was a man who had every intention of putting a big dent in this war chest,,little did Rogers know he was up against a guy who did not know or care about football money is what motivates this guy,I am convinced the John McGinn move from Hibs to Aston Villa was the last straw for Rogers,,how could he work with a guy who he could not trust..
I was at Parkhead on the Sunday when we played Motherwell Rogers went balistic when Motherwell took a throw-in which should have went back to a Celtic player but they carried on and scored,Rogers went straight over to Robinson and roasted him and asked him to let us go up the pitch and score,,to me this was not the actions of a man who had decided he was going to Leicester on Monday Night,to me it looked like a guy who cared about his team.
I am sure he would have ended up at Leicester but not so sure about the timing,I dont know for sure if he would have stayed to complete the season but what I do know is Lawwell did nothing to help matters,,anybody who thinks Lennon has the final say in who arrives at Parkhead are sadly mistaken,we start with..Wullie McStay,,Tosh McKinlay,,Nicky Hammond,,Peter Lawwell then MAYBE Neil Lennon
We thought by spending £35m we pick up the 10 iar title without any fuss or forseen problems,so what did we get for £35m a very average so far £5m goalkeeper,a £5m striker who hit the ground running but has unfortunately came to an abrupt halt,a £3m striker from Poland who does try but not good enough for Celtic,a£2M left back from Kilmarnock who is and always for me be Kilmarnock class,there we have a total of £15m which could have been spent differently and wiser,,and this can be provan by the next 2 Bhoys I will mention,,Turnbull and Soro who for some reason have sat on the bench for almost 5 months and used only as subs until the last 4-5 games.
This alone tells me the manager is not up to leading us into the next campaign and hopefully Europe,,why did he not realise the capability of both these Bhoys is it because he did not reccommend them to Lawwell,maybe he did not reccommend Polish Paddy,Barkas,Taylor,Ajeti Bolingoli,El Hammed,,etc,,maybe the same thing happened with Rogers,,I am sure his book will tell us,I find it very difficult to believe Rogers signed Marvin Compper and only gives him about 30 minutes game time in almost 2 years.
This would be on Rogers part that he got it massively wrong with Comperr,I think the guy who got it wrong was the scout who reccommended him,I doubt Rogers ever heard of him..
Dont forget Bhoys and Ghirls we received £9m from Leicester for Rogers,how many British coaches have commanded a higher compensation settlement,I am sure that put a massive smile on Lawwells face,just as seeing the back of Rogers would have done..

HH

Maybe because if Duffy wasn't so shite, he would have been playing and Bitton wouldn't have needed to play in an unnatural role.
What is Biton then? dont tell me hes a CM cause hes far to slow for that too.
Duffy wasnt on the pitch at the time so put the blame where it belongs.
Its like saying Hazard was to blame for their goal because if he was good enough he would have been on.

Right troops here's a question for you all, as I know you are all intelligent and knowledgeable. Transfer market open so who would you sell on?
By the summer the 3 loanees (Duffy, Elyounoussi, Laxalt) will return to their parent clubs, the 4 who are now into the final 18 months of their contract (Eddy, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham) will be gone, there is also question marks over others who may want moves (Rogic, Jullien, Bitton, Elhamed, McGregor) and Brown will likely retire. We can't have wholesale changes this month, that's be too much disruption to carry out in one window, but we should be looking to begin the clearout by moving on 3 or 4 on. If we can return loanees then Duffy would be a no brainer. Of the others Ntcham could go and we would hardly notice, likewise Christie and if someone offers £25m+ for Eddy, Lawwell will have him out the door before he could say au revoir.
Before any of that happens, and any new players arrive, we need the new manager who is going to carry out the rebuild in position. And that won't happen during this window, so I suspect Ntcham will be the only departure and then carnage in the summer leaving us totally unprepared for CL qualifiers as usual.

Lenny saying we were done by a poor refereeing performance today, don't think anybody would dispute that Madden was dire but ultimately we were done by the same old shortcomings that have dogged us for most of the season......we dominate possession but fail to make it count, our decision making in the final 3rd has been mostly piss poor so we've ended up squandering the bulk of our chances and our back line is a fucking disaster waiting to happen almost every game.

Fed up hearing the hard luck stories now tbh, it's simply deflection from the obvious deficiencies that we've failed to address.
Neil said we were the better team and I don’t disagree with that assessment but ‘being the better team’ doesn't win games..goals do. And unfortunately we scored nil of them while they got a whole 1.
We have had games with 70%+ possession/20+ shots and struggled to score. This is looking like a serious issue to me. I don’t know what the issue is but I am still of the opinion that Neil does not know how to remedy this. If this continues I fear we will go from treble winners to fk all this year.
Performances may have improved the last few games but that’s not good enough. Neil got the quad treble I think he should walk now. But I fear he will stubbornly hang on until things get really ugly and he tarnishes his reputation. I can’t understand why he wouldn't now unless somebody is asking him to stay put.

I still think the club has too many left footers! Controversial, but it can look imbalanced at times.

No cutting edge up front as we don't have anyone that can remain fit and be chosen week in and week out to provide a guaranteed 30 goals per season.

Failure to see past certain players even when Stevie Wonder can see they're shite.

Something amiss regarding the medical team when injured players seem to be out for so long before becoming fit again. The allegedly fit players who can't sustain 90mins on the pitch, wtf is that all about?

Players playing for their own glory rather than the team's success.

FFS, I made a list there. 😱
But no left sided centre back Shammy - that's why our defenders keep tackling EACH OTHER ( They are all right sided )

I dont blame Neil Lennon for this defeat today but I dont think he is the man to lead us into the next campaign.
In fact I would say he got it almost spot on,I have said all season big Nir at centre back is a car crash waiting to happen,absolutely no pace whatsoever,but who else do we play,for a club as big as Celtic not to have ready made cover in every position is a absolute disgrace..
As much as we castigated Brendan Rogers for the way he left us there can be no comparrison in the coaching skills of these two Celtic coaches.
Every time Rogers put a team on to Parkhead I was confident we would win,I have never had the same feeling since Lennon took over at Tyncastle the night Eddy scored the winner in extra time.
I dont think at any time did Rogers want to be one of the Bhoys,I think he looked for and got respect from everybody at Parkhead except Lawwell.
For me Lawwell saw Brendan Rogers as a massive threat,Lawwell had built up the biggest war chest ever accumulated by any Scottish team and here was a man who had every intention of putting a big dent in this war chest,,little did Rogers know he was up against a guy who did not know or care about football money is what motivates this guy,I am convinced the John McGinn move from Hibs to Aston Villa was the last straw for Rogers,,how could he work with a guy who he could not trust..
I was at Parkhead on the Sunday when we played Motherwell Rogers went balistic when Motherwell took a throw-in which should have went back to a Celtic player but they carried on and scored,Rogers went straight over to Robinson and roasted him and asked him to let us go up the pitch and score,,to me this was not the actions of a man who had decided he was going to Leicester on Monday Night,to me it looked like a guy who cared about his team.
I am sure he would have ended up at Leicester but not so sure about the timing,I dont know for sure if he would have stayed to complete the season but what I do know is Lawwell did nothing to help matters,,anybody who thinks Lennon has the final say in who arrives at Parkhead are sadly mistaken,we start with..Wullie McStay,,Tosh McKinlay,,Nicky Hammond,,Peter Lawwell then MAYBE Neil Lennon
We thought by spending £35m we pick up the 10 iar title without any fuss or forseen problems,so what did we get for £35m a very average so far £5m goalkeeper,a £5m striker who hit the ground running but has unfortunately came to an abrupt halt,a £3m striker from Poland who does try but not good enough for Celtic,a£2M left back from Kilmarnock who is and always for me be Kilmarnock class,there we have a total of £15m which could have been spent differently and wiser,,and this can be provan by the next 2 Bhoys I will mention,,Turnbull and Soro who for some reason have sat on the bench for almost 5 months and used only as subs until the last 4-5 games.
This alone tells me the manager is not up to leading us into the next campaign and hopefully Europe,,why did he not realise the capability of both these Bhoys is it because he did not reccommend them to Lawwell,maybe he did not reccommend Polish Paddy,Barkas,Taylor,Ajeti Bolingoli,El Hammed,,etc,,maybe the same thing happened with Rogers,,I am sure his book will tell us,I find it very difficult to believe Rogers signed Marvin Compper and only gives him about 30 minutes game time in almost 2 years.
This would be on Rogers part that he got it massively wrong with Comperr,I think the guy who got it wrong was the scout who reccommended him,I doubt Rogers ever heard of him..
Dont forget Bhoys and Ghirls we received £9m from Leicester for Rogers,how many British coaches have commanded a higher compensation settlement,I am sure that put a massive smile on Lawwells face,just as seeing the back of Rogers would have done..

HH
Great Post Green sprig. 👏👏👏

Back