Celtic vs TheRangers - Match Thread

Neil said we were the better team and I don’t disagree with that assessment but ‘being the better team’ doesn't win games..goals do. And unfortunately we scored nil of them while they got a whole 1.
We have had games with 70%+ possession/20+ shots and struggled to score. This is looking like a serious issue to me. I don’t know what the issue is but I am still of the opinion that Neil does not know how to remedy this. If this continues I fear we will go from treble winners to fk all this year.
Performances may have improved the last few games but that’s not good enough. Neil got the quad treble I think he should walk now. But I fear he will stubbornly hang on until things get really ugly and he tarnishes his reputation. I can’t understand why he wouldn't now unless somebody is asking him to stay put.

Wouldnae argue with any of that mate (y)

I don't think he'll get better with us. We need top class defenders in around him. And they cost money Shammy. 💰💰💵💵
Declan Gallagher and Ryan Porteous would not cost the earth. Left sided Scott McKenna wouldn't cost the earth and they know how to function in the SPL and lets remember Jack Hendry currently most valued player by his manager and team mates in the Belgian premiership , Lee O'Connor and Stephen Welsh. If the ten is gone ( thank f*ck - the burden was choking us ) lets focus on a sustainable future

I am still totally gutted and will take some time to get over this one.
There was only going to be one winner in the first 45 as we played them off the pitch.
Now what the fuck does lenny say at h/t for us to be a shadow of the team in the 2nd half?
Even before the sending off the intensity had gone out of our play, the concentration levels just dipped alarmingly.
When the sending off came along came the big weekness within lenny in making substitutions to have any positive influence upon the game.
We may as well face the reality and admit the 10 has gone and begin the rebuilding process.
In order to do lenny has to be replaced along with the players who want out then goodbye and thank you for your service.
A new manager will need to access what he thinks of the depth of the squad and yet a CB has to be the first signing as a matter of urgency.
Don't think we may have to much options with our current loan signings but if we do they have to go also.
Sitting back and doing nothing is just going to prolong our pain.
I am still totally disgusted at our all round effort in making history with a 10iar and it can only be described as a whimper of a effort
Sorry for making you angry, John no. I agree totally with you. New management, all new coaching staff. Clean out of below par and non committed players. A competent Director of Football appointed. Overhaul of our scouting system. A strategy to tackle the poaching of our best young talent.
We need to start this root and branch overhaul now, so we can hit next season running. Not the dysfunctional and shambolic circus that has become the hallmark of our recent Summers. This would be a start. I have already said enough about the preening peacock that is PL for today.
For me, I really hope that Neil Lennon will do the decent thing and resign before the season restarts.

Last edited:
If you check ma previous posts you’ll see I’ve not been blindsided vinny
But he’s not alone in this The Board or more to the point Desmundo has let this Club drift just to make the Scum relevant again.
I wear Glasses just to read and I don’t need eyes just to see how Pish we’ve been since day 1 of this Season.
The above Answer is in reply to a Question put by another Noise member. Hope that helps

HH 🍀
I agree more than Lennon need to go but he could have spared us this by going after the champions league farce.

Say what you like, and i don't like him either, but he's instilled a team spirit in them that we seem to be lacking. You dont see him slumped in a chair in the dug out with his face tripping him.
Not sure that Slippy has done that on his own. They stats prove the SFA refs are actually the most influential in their wins. The problems we have go deep, i think NL is slumped because he is a proud guy being hung out to dry but loves the club so will fight for it. A battle he knows he can't win.

Now the dust has settled a wee bit, I think that today Lennon got the tactics right, finally. That's the first time we dominated midfield against them since Lennon faced slippy. I don't think it even matters Now whether Lennon goes or not. I also don't believe the league is lost. Ok we're in a bad spot, but it's salvageable. That hun team are pure shite, they're just jammie bastards. I think we'll win our games in hand and our two games against them. I also believe they will drop points along the way. Last year they blew their load by the start of January and the wheels came off thereafter. I can see the same signs with that hun team today. They were shite.
I still think we'll win the 10. I'm not giving up til some fat woman does some shite!

The red card turned the game in thier favour it was never a red card offence he was not the last man.rules are rules the referee did not follow the rules.we played sevco at celtic park in October a gutless performance today was night and day compared to that.it's a results game and we needed the win to give us a chance of winning the league and the 10iarow I'm sorry to say it's gone.now is the time to get a new manager in and start the next chapter in our fantastic clubs history this is a sad day no doubt about it but we've had a hundred good days for every bad one this terrific run had to end sometime a quadruple treble in the bag an invincible season in the bag and a 2nd 9iar in the bag it's the end of an area but the start of another so let's get a new manager with his own back room staff and a new ceo who is more like Fergus mccann who won't be afraid to call out the injustices in the Scottish game.hail hail everyone. And Brimcbhoy hope everything works out to the better for you some things are more important than football and your health is definitely one of them good luck pal.

I agree more than Lennon need to go but he could have spared us this by going after the champions league farce.
I agree vinny about lenny should have gone long ago but yet can understand the sentiment of letting him compete the quad treble.
I can't fault him for the set up of the team today even though I called for Duffy ahead of Bitton but really it's a good argument for who's the worse of the 2.
I can fault lenny for how we approached the 2nd half and more so of loosing the plot after the sending off.
Overall his time is up now and yet we send them all off on holiday to dubai? Ffs

Members online

Latest posts

Back