Celtic vs TheRangers - Match Thread

Madden now trying to justify his actions,the mind boggles everyone who watched the match saw him restrain Elgutso after he pushed his hand in Broonies face he was holding him when he tried to kick him as well
No doubt the SFA will back him,also the lack of supporters has given him and others free rain as they know no one to get on thier backs

Either they are shite or they played the perfect game plan. Trusted their defenders to defend and goalkeeper to make important saves. Sat back and invited us on to them in the full knowledge we would lose concentration and give them something, either from open play or a set piece. They made changes due to personnel and circumstances. Jack and Arfield, who get stuck in, were both missing. So instead of trying to win the battle in MF, slippy changed tactic and his game plan to suit what he had....and it worked.
Think you're right Lubo. Seething has probably seen us struggle enough against packed defences to know that if they sat back and defended well then frustration would set in with an excellent probability that somebody in our sieve would fk up...and sure as hell...step up NB
He probably figured if they could get the first goal then the collapse would occur. Although they hadn't scored at that point the red was just the break they needed. A bit unfortunate on CalMac but after that went in off him it was over.

True but when the first minister suggests Celtic should be punished by not playing then its happy easy peasy days for the SPL to comply and I would bet money that they would have fought against that 'recommendation if were the sevco

Seriously can we just get one thing straight about this whole 'Celtic were punished by Sturgeon' thing......it's complete and utter garbage! We weren't 'punished' we were made to comply with the same rules that every other person in this country were having to abide by.

One of our players breached the Covid quarantine rules.

He compounded his stupidity by keeping this to himself while he mixed with his teammates and staff.

The Covid virus has an incubation period of 10-12 days before it can be detected by a test so him testing negative a few days after his return is immaterial.

The rules stated, the same rules everyone else in this country had to follow, that he and anybody else he and they came into contact with had to isolate for 14 days.

It was this that lead to our games having to be postponed.

However inconvenient they may be to some these☝️are the facts! We were not punished, we were made to abide by the rules so can we give it a rest with this shit because it's the same type of wild conspiracy theory bollocks we mock the huns for. (y)

Think you're right Lubo. Seething has probably seen us struggle enough against packed defences to know that if they sat back and defended well then frustration would set in with an excellent probability that somebody in our sieve would fk up...and sure as hell...step up NB
He probably figured if they could get the first goal then the collapse would occur. Although they hadn't scored at that point the red was just the break they needed. A bit unfortunate on CalMac but after that went in off him it was over.

Exactly. Im not for a 2nd saying they are better than us. Individualy, our players are superior. They have proven that over the years. But the scum are playing for each other.

Exactly. Im not for a 2nd saying they are better than us. Individualy, our players are superior. They have proven that over the years. But the scum are playing for each other.
I think Slippy is actually a better coach than we seem to give him credit for. He has played under some decent managers, he surely has picked up a few pointers over the years. He has them playing in a well organized manner. They all seem to be on the same wavelength. They can certainly defend better than us.
We may have better players individually but we seem to lack consistent
cohesion at the minute.

I am not of the opinion that eddys shoite I'd draw attention back to that goal v utd , had lenny played 2 up front more often than a couple of times I'm positive that we'd have seen the eddy we all know and love. So I blame lenny for that not eddy whose been isolated and more than shackleton at the pole but I do believe that he is off soon unfortunately

Good post Winter.

The players play where they are told, and perform the routines set by the manager & his team.

If Lenny knew what he was doing then we would have performed better.

Slippy has an organised team who know what they have to do. They are not as good as us (or even close), but they all know what to do.

Eddy & Corpus are excellent players. The right manager would have them performing well on a regular basis. Lenny is not the right manager.

20 years ago when we had just celebrated the millennium if somebody had told me ,, out of the next 20 leagues we'll win 15 of them,,,, we'll win 4 consecutive trebles,,, we'll equal our previous 9 in a row titles ,,, we'll get to a European Final ,, we'll break the record for unbeaten games,, Gordon Strachan who was probably the most hated player to play against us and didn't play for Rangers would become our manager and win 3 leagues ,,, Our rivals would become bankrupt and go into liquidation and be named SEVCO ,,, I'd have said piss off , your drunk and making a rip roaring arse of yourself, I'm absolutely gutted about today's result and although its gonna be difficult to Stop Sevco winning there 1st trophy I will not give it up until its mathematically impossible,, the last 20 years have been amazing to be part of a Celtic family and apart from a few hitches its been a marvellous 2 decades!

Got sent this read it ,might make everybody feel better!HH

As a supporter I simply pay for entertainment. Some games are better than others. The ranjurs have been labelled as the benchmark in terms of ability this year. Yesterday I witnessed clearly with my own eyes a relative dismantling of the leading team in Scotland. I won't be around long enough to care about who won the title this year or that. Did I get value for money yesterday... yup. Was I entertained .... yup. Does the actual result matter today now that the sun is up again.... nup. I watched the team which I choose to support remind me of just how good we are. Normal service resumed.

Woke up today wondering how we didnt win that game ..?? They didnt have ONE shot on target ..Watched the full game again and it was MEN against BOYS before that sending off..So many times they had last ditch tackles to stop McGregor,Eddie from scoring and rebounds landed lucky for them..Even Bittons header was close never mind the shots that McGregor saved..It was a TRAVESTY to lose that game..One thing i picked up on is how poor Christie was ,he gave the ball away lots and tried for two worldly efforts instead of playing players in..Griffiths also missed great chance to put Eddie clear , instead having a shot..

So annoying that it has taken so long to find a formation that actually works..If you watched both teams yesterday as a neutral , ud have thought it was us that were well ahead in league..The issues we have had with Boli , Covid , injuries and also lots of bad luck is unreal..Barkas,duffy ,Ajeti have been disasters ..Barkas is the only goalkeeper i know that could dive and still remain on the same spot..Rant over lol but every hun that works for me is going to have a tough few weeks ahead of them workwise ;)
I played the game with some great keepers, who were very vocal and didn't care whether they clattered their own players, when coming for the ball
It's the Scottish League, grow some balls Barkas
He's too soft, too quiet, for me anyway
We've been spoiled in the past, with having great keepers, whoever scouted this guy and gave the go ahead to sign him, is stealing a wage
I'm not usually one for slagging anyone who wears the hoops, but the shirt definately does not shrink, to fit the likes of the 3 players, you mentioned
Duffy, Barkas & Ajeti, if they go this year, I won't miss them
Christie sits for a few games and let Rogic roam free with Turnbull
Soro starts for me too
That's it
HH

As a supporter I simply pay for entertainment. Some games are better than others. The ranjurs have been labelled as the benchmark in terms of ability this year. Yesterday I witnessed clearly with my own eyes a relative dismantling of the leading team in Scotland. I won't be around long enough to care about who won the title this year or that. Did I get value for money yesterday... yup. Was I entertained .... yup. Does the actual result matter today now that the sun is up again.... nup. I watched the team which I choose to support remind me of just how good we are. Normal service resumed.
Great post mate 👍

I think Slippy is actually a better coach than we seem to give him credit for. He has played under some decent managers, he surely has picked up a few pointers over the years. He has them playing in a well organized manner. They all seem to be on the same wavelength. They can certainly defend better than us.
We may have better players individually but we seem to lack consistent
cohesion at the minute.
The consistancy is appearing. If Lenny had had the balls to give some of the squad a chance earlier we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in. He picked the team. The formation. Not PL. Of all the seasons he chose this one to stick with his pals and not the guys who needed a chance to show us what they can do. He has been negligent at best. We know what this team can do. When it was broke he didn't fix it. Said before i love the guy but he ain't the way forward.

20 years ago when we had just celebrated the millennium if somebody had told me ,, out of the next 20 leagues we'll win 15 of them,,,, we'll win 4 consecutive trebles,,, we'll equal our previous 9 in a row titles ,,, we'll get to a European Final ,, we'll break the record for unbeaten games,, Gordon Strachan who was probably the most hated player to play against us and didn't play for Rangers would become our manager and win 3 leagues ,,, Our rivals would become bankrupt and go into liquidation and be named SEVCO ,,, I'd have said piss off , your drunk and making a rip roaring arse of yourself, I'm absolutely gutted about today's result and although its gonna be difficult to Stop Sevco winning there 1st trophy I will not give it up until its mathematically impossible,, the last 20 years have been amazing to be part of a Celtic family and apart from a few hitches its been a marvellous 2 decades!

Well said Buddy, you're not a fud after all! (Well not all the time)

Good post Winter.

The players play where they are told, and perform the routines set by the manager & his team.

If Lenny knew what he was doing then we would have performed better.

Slippy has an organised team who know what they have to do. They are not as good as us (or even close), but they all know what to do.

Eddy & Corpus are excellent players. The right manager would have them performing well on a regular basis. Lenny is not the right manager.
You have a point there about the right manager having Eddy and Corpus playing well and the right management would probably also get Corpus to practise shooting for the big gap between the posts and the crossbar instead of just shooting. He would also get Frimpong to work on crossing/passing the ball after leaving the defender in his wake.

Ahh you got sent it, sorry missed that bit. Makes sense, there's no way you could come up with something like that. 🙄

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back