Celtic vs TheRangers - Match Thread

Show me the lack of transparency on this by Sturgeon or her government.

Explain to me how you can be 'consistent' with to entirely different incidents with entirely different circumstances.

Aye those players did put people in danger nobody is disputing that but unlike Boli they didn't have contact with their teammates or club staff so there was no valid reason to postpone their games.

The 'yellow card' was obviously meant as a public rebuke for Scottish football to get it's act together, a good soundbite to drive the message home that just because they are footballers they are not above the rules, if she had issued a 'red card' for the hun incident then there would be some Celtic fans and other fans moaning about that as well.

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't!
I dont have to explain the intricacies of politics , but the lack of transparency? Yes . Whos party was it? How do you know they had no contact with anyone from the club? Is it because the same rags said so? Must be true then.

Well who do you think a Holyrood spokesperson is speaking on behalf of shadow if not the government? And last I checked the leader of the Scottish government is Nicola Sturgeon no? Also last I checked the word ' commend' means praise does it not? Let's just say we'll agree to disagree however I would be fairly confident that your view is in the minority amongst Celtic supporters and those here on the noise. You asked me to show you I did , still not good enough for you though is it?

Aye speaking on behalf of NOT directly quoting like you said, whether you like it or not they are two entirely different things Winter!

Do you know for a fact it was Sturgeon who drafted the statement? Naw so you can't quote her on what's said in it if you don't have proof that she either said it or drafted it. Crazy I know but sometimes what one person within a group says is not always supported or endorsed by another, you know like how your opinion on this isn't supported by me and vice versa!

On the contrary you've showed me nothing that backs up anything that you've claimed and you can be 'fairly confident that my view is in the minority amongst Celtic supporters and those here on the noise' all you like but again like all your arguments so far until you provide irrefutable proof of it then it remains an opinion and NOT a fact.

Also ask yourself why the Daily Record hack writing for the Unionist and hun leaning rag chose to use the word 'praise' instead of the word 'commend' you know the word that was actually used in the statement......do you think he was maybe trying to put a super positive spin on yet another negative story involving the huns the way that rag always has.

Aye speaking on behalf of NOT directly quoting like you said, whether you like it or not they are two entirely different things Winter!

Do you know for a fact it was Sturgeon who drafted the statement? Naw so you can't quote her on what's said in it if you don't have proof that she either said it or drafted it. Crazy I know but sometimes what one person within a group says is not always supported or endorsed by another, you know like how your opinion on this isn't supported by me and vice versa!

On the contrary you've showed me nothing that backs up anything that you've claimed and you can be 'fairly confident that my view is in the minority amongst Celtic supporters and those here on the noise' all you like but again like all your arguments so far until you provide irrefutable proof of it then it remains an opinion and NOT a fact.

Also ask yourself why the Daily Record hack writing for the Unionist and hun leaning rag chose to use the word 'praise' instead of the word 'commend' you know the word that was actually used in the statement......do you think he was maybe trying to put a super positive spin on yet another negative story involving the huns the way that rag always has.
I suspect an "in the know" got the word about the 2 sevco players very soon after they were busted. They then phoned someone in the Scottish government to confirm that they approved of sevco's wonderful proactive decision to throw the book at these two patsies. That spokesperson was only given the sanitised "agreed" version to agree to and that was the narrative ss a compliant media closed ranks immediately to sweep the matter under the carpet. This is supposition on my part just based on how I've seen the sleekit biased Scottish media operate over the last few decades.

Does anyone think that party gate was properly investigated as I am still convinced it was a huge cover up to protect the scum, as at the time any other players involved would have ment 14 day isolation, which in turn would have been 2 European and 2 league games having to be played with out the players involved or forfeit the games.
Instead the pat on the back for the cover up and nothing again from our board on calling it out

You could've chosen any other article but they still wouldn't have provided proof of what you claimed.
Maybye so shadow but you also cannot prove that the statement wasnt from the top , when a Holyrood spokesperson says something its generally taken as a given that its representative of the government's view is it not? And if it's not then its quickly shot down and in this case it wasnt so I like most will see that as a bonafide govt opinion. Like I said some posts back let's just agree to disagree, you cant prove, I cant prove. It's all good moved on 👍

I dont have to explain the intricacies of politics , but the lack of transparency? Yes . Whos party was it? How do you know they had no contact with anyone from the club? Is it because the same rags said so? Must be true then.

I'm no asking you to explain the intricacies of politics I'm asking you to provide proof of what you're claiming and so far you haven't!

'How do you know they had no contact with anyone from the club?' Is it because the same rags said so? Must be true then.

☝️ Naw it's because the polis released a statement that they broke the party up, that they reported the players to the club and the hun hierarchy responded by ordering the players to stay away and isolate.

So are you happy to take one statement as gospel because you believe it suits your argument but casually dismiss the other because it doesn't?

I'm no asking you to explain the intricacies of politics I'm asking you to provide proof of what you're claiming and so far you haven't!

'How do you know they had no contact with anyone from the club?' Is it because the same rags said so? Must be true then.

☝️ Naw it's because the polis released a statement that they broke the party up, that they reported the players to the club and the hun hierarchy responded by ordering the players to stay away and isolate.

So are you happy to take one statement as gospel because you believe it suits your argument but casually dismiss the other because it doesn't?
"the polis released a statement that they broke the party up, that they reported the players to the club " you're prepared to take the polis statement as gospel when it's well known they are lying f*ktards

We know they broke up a party, was it another rangers players party? ( who wasnt there?') Or was it not? Proves nothing to me , dont know if does to others but it doesn't prove anything as I said , twice , you cant prove me wrong I cant prove you wrong move on now ? Yes no?

"the polis released a statement that they broke the party up, that they reported the players to the club "

We know they broke up a party, was it another rangers players party ( who wasnt there?') Or was it not? Proves nothing to me , dont know if does to others but it doesn't prove anything as I said , twice , you cant prove me wrong I cant prove you wrong move on now ? Yes no?
It may be a new trend winter, have a birthday party for nobody of any note, I'm thinking of calling a birthday party so any takers on holding it for me not to attend

Apolgies that it's from the Daily Hun, but this photo shows a potential bust up, between the two
My money would be on JK, as he's able to handle himself by past accounts when the HUN have got out of their prams

Slippy and JK.jpgPerhaps it's the lack of fans, the need for social distancing or a desire simply to keep the head in this season of all seasons.

Either way, it was all a bit muted on the touchline for a fixture which so often brings fireworks on the sidelines.

The only hint of a flashpoint appeared to be Steven Gerrard making a point to Celtic assistant John Kennedy at full-time.

From post-match images it's impossible to decipher exactly what the context of the exchange was but, with a wag of the finger, Gerrard certainly looked to be making sure he was heard

I suspect an "in the know" got the word about the 2 sevco players very soon after they were busted. They then phoned someone in the Scottish government to confirm that they approved of sevco's wonderful proactive decision to throw the book at these two patsies. That spokesperson was only given the sanitised "agreed" version to agree to and that was the narrative ss a compliant media closed ranks immediately to sweep the matter under the carpet. This is supposition on my part just based on how I've seen the sleekit biased Scottish media operate over the last few decades.

Supposition aye but there's plenty of precedent for this where the huns and their media cronies are concerned. Ample evidence out there that the huns and their media lackeys engage in damage limitation and PR spin to spike negative theRangers stories.

Get the 'Scottish Government praises' narrative, which to some appears to automatically translate as 'Nicola Sturgeon praises' out there asap to take the heat out the situation for the huns and it worked because while everybody is raging at Sturgeon and the Scottish Government the huns, the SPFL and the SFA get off the hook. Job done!

Naw I didnae miss anything Winter, I seen the reports at the time......now kindly point out where in that Daily Record article it states that Sturgeon personally applauded the huns for their handling of the party incident like you say and show me the direct quotes from Sturgeon that it was Celtic who were issued with a yellow card.

I'll save you the bother mate you can't because it doesn't say any of that anywhere in the article and the reason it doesn't say it is because it didn't happen.

Your entire argument with regards to Sturgeon hangs on a statement released by an unnamed Holyrood spokesperson that at one point used the word 'commend' in relation to the hun's reaction to the party incident, that's it! There was no mention of 'praise' in the statement like the Daily Record hack inferred, there was no 'slaps on the back' or 'applause' for the huns from Sturgeon like you claimed and there was no 'yellow card' issued to Celtic by her either. What you've claimed isn't in any way backed up by the link you've posted above.

In fact Sturgeon herself didn't even comment on the hun party incident personally because funnily enough unlike the Boli incident the very same hacks who's words you pin your argument on didn't want to bring that particular subject up with Sturgeon during any of her briefings for some reason......now I wonder why the very same SMSM hacks who were falling over each other to get a statement from Sturgeon on the Boli and Aberdeen incidents didn't do the same when theRangers incident occurred :unsure:

Funny how the Daily Record, a newspaper universally despised by Celtic supporters for their lies and spin, all of a sudden becomes 'factual' when it suits a particular argument eh!
I put up a thread at the time Shadow ( titled this goes far beyond mere football - I think ) indicating that within 12 hours of a routine civil offence which had been dealt with by an on the spot fine and therefore case closed the Scottish government and the highest level of Strathclyde police issued statements exonerating and commending rangers for their swift and decisive action. Did Nicola question who authorised ANY government spokesperson to issue the statement or is she REALLY unaware of the of the very public actions of her own officials ???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back