CFR Cluj v Celtic - Champions League Qualifier 3rd Round 1st Leg - Wed 7 August

Within weeks of Lenny's first permanent appointment we sold McGeady. That seemed epic but this is different. This is treachery of Glencoe proportions.

Bolingoli more like balamory found wanting in europe

calmac missing christie off night

ajer saved us

They played like hearts ,got stuck into challenges and dived at the least we tap

We played the first half with no left side both morgan and balamory were lost and found wanting

we've nothing to fear from this mob in the next game
oh and wee jamsies a greedy cnt
Nobody wants to pass to ntcham unless he is the last option. Even Eddie didn't look him in the eye for a goal celebration he set up last week
(Mite of blurred it but was it not forrest(mibi) Eddie that had the simple back pass to ntcham in acres of space and the took it on instead of the pass?)

Last edited:
I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt....a back up to KT, like izzy was.
Couple a cup games and end of season run outs and hope that he wid improve....but if hes the replacement!!!!
Anywan watching a repeat of game tae see if Boli turns intae Maldini?????
More likely turn into karl malden than Paulo maldini. Fkn useless. How the fuck he got 90 minutes tonight is beyond me . Surely to fk lenny could see what everycunt and their dog just witnessed. HH

If Tierney is away then good luck to him. Thought he would stay for the ten but who can blame him for taking the opportunity.
Bolingoli looks a shocking signing. I've never seen anyone as awkward at tackling an opponent. Angle wrong, tame and can only use one foot.
We also do not have a forward who can head a ball.

Well, I've seen better games. Elhamed looks like an absolute stallion. Think he could be a huge player for us. Morgan unconvincing. Bolingoli unconvincing bordering on nightmarish at times. CalMac not his usual self. Christie as enthusiastic as usual. Edouard isolated, but looked good in flashes. Key thing is we have the away goal. We need a big performance and crowd at Celtic Park next week now. I'm confident.

As for other news: Celtic FC, mercenary free!
spot on Sam,well impressed with Elhamed!

If Tierney is away then good luck to him. Thought he would stay for the ten but who can blame him for taking the opportunity.
Bolingoli looks a shocking signing. I've never seen anyone as awkward at tackling an opponent. Angle wrong, tame and can only use one foot.
We also do not have a forward who can head a ball.
Totally agree on boil, said the same thing further up. We are on the same page

I wouldn't say 'blame' is the right word, but while I don't have any ill will towards him obviously, I also don't wish him the best of luck and all that bollocks. He was getting paid shitloads to play for the team he was raised to support and could've played a leading role in our club breaking new records and making new legends. He would only have been 23 or 24 when we win 10. But he chose a very mediocre Arsenal side that can offer him filthy money - genuinely filthy levels of money, not that his is anything close to the worst. Maybe he's convinced Arsenal will make the top 4 in the EPL. I would suggest they won't. But anyway, hopefully we buy another LB. A quality one.

PL aside. We have our parachute payment in now it seems. Time left to do something with it instead of it going missing in Jan like dembele dough.
I don't give a flying fuck about youth signings they happen every season and it isn't news.
The reason jozo started is mibi he is better fit than jullien. Fine.
Lenny stalling on transfer news hopefully means the trigger was kt offski to splash. Money has to exit now as fast as it has come in. Sink and kt look dusted.
Over to the board

I wouldn't say 'blame' is the right word, but while I don't have any ill will towards him obviously, I also don't wish him the best of luck and all that bollocks. He was getting paid shitloads to play for the team he was raised to support and could've played a leading role in our club breaking new records and making new legends. He would only have been 23 or 24 when we win 10. But he chose a very mediocre Arsenal side that can offer him filthy money - genuinely filthy levels of money, not that his is anything close to the worst. Maybe he's convinced Arsenal will make the top 4 in the EPL. I would suggest they won't. But anyway, hopefully we buy another LB. A quality one.
Totally agree, I can’t fathom why he would give up on his chance to become a Celtic immortal when we win 10inarow, ffs two more years he wouldn’t even be hitting his prime... I think it’s a snakey move tbh but I’ll hold judgement till I see him signing on the dotted line. Hopefully on his journey to london he sees sense and says fook this I’m away back up to Glasgow....HH????

If he wants to reach the top. His injuries probably highlighted it to him and brought things into focus. He could loose another year at any club. I don't blame him.
If you separate being a footballer as a job. Wanting to reach the top as he does. If I worked for celtic and I was offered twice the dough to move from a position.
Scratch that.
Take your own job.
Say you worked for celtic doing that job in whatever capacity.
Celtics brick layer, chef, accountant, door steward, team doctor, scout?
Another mob says "here I'll double your wages"
You'd take it. Not because you don't love the club but it's a chance.
His wage is irrelevant.
Plenty of people wouldn't get out of bed for the wage another guy is thankful for

Totally agree, I can’t fathom why he would give up on his chance to become a Celtic immortal when we win 10inarow, ffs two more years he wouldn’t even be hitting his prime... I think it’s a snakey move tbh but I’ll hold judgement till I see him signing on the dotted line. Hopefully on his journey to london he sees sense and says fook this I’m away back up to Glasgow....HH????[/QUOTE£
£2m a season more than he got at Celtic. No chance of him knocking that back.Good luck to the lad and here's wishing him a great future.

£2m a season more than he got at Celtic. No chance of him knocking that back.Good luck to the lad and here's wishing him a great future.
My sentiments exactly ( although I hope he sees sense & stays), an argument my Auld Da used to have with many a good Celtic Supporter when they asked "why did Hooper go,why did McGeady go" he normally replied for £20K a week. I think his recent injury may be playing a big part of this potential move. Hope he's not away, but if he is GOOD LUCK KIERAN, BEEN A PLEASURE WATCHING YOU

Members online

Latest posts

Back