Champions League Draw August 25th

Well then winter I'll still stick with my reality approach then, and the scum with there anti football approach, with a total lack of imagination and quality to break a defensive line down and nothing more than hoofing the ball forward and into the penalty area and on more occasions are nothing but hopeful punts with them being totally aimless on far more occasions than not will still remain a feature of there all round play still.
How such shite gets the praise it does remains beyond me, but any half decent team should be able to deal with such a backwards approach to the game, especially ourselves and will do also, and in the other teams within that group struggle to handle that approach then there shame to carry as we won't be
Cheek /tongue johnno etc 😋

Was just a thought cheers
They'll have already paid for the rights to show BT sports in Japan and Australia I'd imagine / guess cairnsybhoy.
The interest in Celtic has gone through the roof in both countries for all things Celtic.
No way would the Japanese pay Sky for the right to show Celtic's japanese players in action against St Mirren in SPFL games but miss out on the biggest of games in the CL.
Sony ten 2 ( indian based have already show CL qualifiers , despite being a mostly cricket orientated platform) .
Not many countries worldwide wont have paid out for the right to show CL , EL , ECL games to BT by now

They'll have already paid for the rights to show BT sports in Japan and Australia I'd imagine / guess cairnsybhoy.
The interest in Celtic has gone through the roof in both countries for all things Celtic.
No way would the Japanese pay Sky for the right to show Celtic's japanese players in action against St Mirren in SPFL games but miss out on the biggest of games in the CL.
Sony ten 2 ( indian based have already show CL qualifiers , despite being a mostly cricket orientated platform) .
Not many countries worldwide wont have paid out for the right to show CL , EL , ECL games to BT by now
Oh rite cheers mate it's already all sowed up if they already have they channels they ain't gonny buy sky or direct from club telly which is a shame I know we get telly money but he good if we could really maximise having these star players from they places awe well cheers winter HH

Are you still using that formula for the noise predictor winter 😂
Personally I only used it once for the CL draw by saying out loud to as many people would listen that we would get the usual group of death.
I was in the barbers getting the grey hair tamed a bit when I heard that Bayern, Barcelona and inter were in the same group, I was nearly screaming " thatll be oor group thatll be oor group"
And so must give credit to kelly cos it worked.
Naw I dont use it for the noisers predictor , ye mad? I want that crest 😂

Personally I only used it once for the CL draw by saying out loud to as many people would listen that we would get the usual group of death.
I was in the barbers getting the grey hair tamed a bit when I heard that Bayern, Barcelona and inter were in the same group, I was nearly screaming " thatll be oor group thatll be oor group"
And so must give credit to kelly cos it worked.
Naw I dont use it for the noisers predictor , ye mad? I want that crest 😂
Was expecting that group also winter, but bet the other 3 teams in that group were very relieved that we didn't end up in that group along with them, moreso than ourselves been relieved that we didn't end up in it

Was expecting that group also winter, but bet the other 3 teams in that group were very relieved that we didn't end up in that group along with them, moreso than ourselves been relieved that we didn't end up in it
Think it was Viktoria Plzen that ended up in that group.
Really was hoping the tributeers got that group though I'm quite satisfied with the group they got 😎👋👋

Think it was Viktoria Plzen that ended up in that group.
Really was hoping the tributeers got that group though I'm quite satisfied with the group they got 😎👋👋
There were only two groups left when sevco were drawn out and one was team 4 in the Bayern/Barca/Inter group of death. But because we were already in that half of the draw sevco were automatically assigned the place in the group in the other half. The jammy bassas!

There were only two groups left when sevco were drawn out and one was team 4 in the Bayern/Barca/Inter group of death. But because we were already in that half of the draw sevco were automatically assigned the place in the group in the other half. The jammy bassas!
Jammy bassas? Where have I heard that before? 🤔 aye their luck will never run oot 🤞🏻( reverse psychology technique)

Not unhappy with the draw. I think the possibility to grab 2nd is there, 3rd is more than achievable.
Looking forward to the Madrid game as I was also there in 1980.( Mr Cunningham got some pelters that night. Poor sod)
Shaktar are beatable, as are Red Bull. If we can win our home games we're in with a shout.

I'd bet the noise to a person following that draw was fully expecting it to be us in that group.
It might not have been the worst case scenario we'd have been in with a shout of 3rd place but we're due a break from the groups of death that we have been handed time and again for once.
How often did we keep getting Barcelona, and Bayern , and AC Milan when they were amongst the very best with kaka and co

Not unhappy with the draw. I think the possibility to grab 2nd is there, 3rd is more than achievable.
Looking forward to the Madrid game as I was also there in 1980.( Mr Cunningham got some pelters that night. Poor sod)
Shaktar are beatable, as are Red Bull. If we can win our home games we're in with a shout.
Exactly Brimcbhoy, always if you can have decent home form you're always in with a shout.
Shakhtar right now are a bit of an unknown what with all that's happening and cant play at home.
We have a large/strong polish connection despite the Warsaw debacle but I think it would be the Ukrainians who have the polish support on their side still and not just as a sympathy vote but we are seen still as a massive scalp for any club whove never won it before never mind contested the final twice

Until we kick off in our first CL game we have no idea how good we are. The SPFL is no measure. Its gong to be a whole different ball game, usually we get pre-qualifiers to sharpen us up. Last week we struggled to overcome Hearts and that worried me. We really need to get off to a good start. I'm torn between who I'd like first, Madrid or one of the other two.

Until we kick off in our first CL game we have no idea how good we are. The SPFL is no measure. Its gong to be a whole different ball game, usually we get pre-qualifiers to sharpen us up. Last week we struggled to overcome Hearts and that worried me. We really need to get off to a good start. I'm torn between who I'd like first, Madrid or one of the other two.
Wouldn't be to worried myself brim at present.
Our football was decent enough against the mini hun at times and created enough to have won far more comfortably than we did in the end imo.
This has been an ongoing issue within European football for us with not taking huge chances and handing up to many soft opportunities where we have been punished.
This trend has to change no matter what if we are to ever succeed within European football as its very rarely we get played off the park as such.
We start to become more clinical and have got plenty of options to provide that now and our success rate will improve hugely imo and seen nothing yet to suggest that this season can't be the one where everything clicks into place either

I fully expect this European experience to be a right rollercoaster with some brilliant highs and probably the occasional low too. It is difficult to make that huge step up in quality in your opposition and maintain your own form over six matches. But Ange will give it his best shot. Fasten your seatbelts as this is gonna be a lot of fun and one helluva a ride!

Wouldn't be to worried myself brim at present.
Our football was decent enough against the mini hun at times and created enough to have won far more comfortably than we did in the end imo.
This has been an ongoing issue within European football for us with not taking huge chances and handing up to many soft opportunities where we have been punished.
This trend has to change no matter what if we are to ever succeed within European football as its very rarely we get played off the park as such.
We start to become more clinical and have got plenty of options to provide that now and our success rate will improve hugely imo and seen nothing yet to suggest that this season can't be the one where everything clicks into place either
This is the whole crux of the matter. In the SPFL even if we miss a few absolute sitters we know there is a good chance we will always get opportunities even late on in games.
In Europe you don't get that luxury. You HAVE to take your chances. And that goes for the elite clubs as well. Giving away late goals, be they equalisers or winners is the difference and if you can close a game out with 5-10 mins to go you will go far.
Its all very well going gung ho for goals but if you cant defend as a team you will lose, I just hope Ange has learned this from last year.

Yeah, initially I thought we overcame a decent team that day but watching them v Zurich. All I can say is let’s see how we go.

" Ange you've managed at the world cup twice what kind of different challenge is the champions league?"
Ange : " meh! World cup, champions league, premier sports league cup, all the same to me 🙄"
You've good memories of last visit to tannadice you win the league there?
Ange: Meh ! League was already won mate couldve lost that game and still won it 🙄"
Hansen...hunbashak....Sead ...will Sead be ready for utd ?
Ange : meh! Nah mate didnt you see that hes only 2 wild boars off the barbie short of el buffaloes weight? It will take him at least a week to run the Glasgow marathon and get into our B team but good to have him cos he'll be good when fit "
Also Ange...abou....
Ange : meh! That's enough mate go away now to quote the sandman"
Yes sir Ange sir thank you sir
Meh! Bolt

Members online

Latest posts

Back