Champions League Draw August 25th

I think I'd prefer Madrid at home first if possible.
That's going to be an incredible lifetime experience.
They've had a few slow starts to a few recent campaigns and grew into the tournament.
Hopefully we can get them at that time, if they have one.
Win our home games it always is, and if we can , I have faith that we can, if we play as we can , then anything away might be enough for a second place finish.
With my guestimate head on here I will guestimate that : Real Madrid will likely dominate the group with 14-18pts.
Leaving ( if they do dominate it like expected) possibly 8 pts and 7 pts being enough for 2nd place, 3rd definately.
That might sound a low ball points tally but it's often enough been seen clubs have gone through with 7 pts.
Atleti qualified with 7pts from group B last season in 2nd place because liverpool blitzed it 18 pts from 6 games , Porto were 3rd with 5 pts , Milan out with 4 pts.
Real Madrid themselves went through on 15 pts losing 1 game at home to Sheriff 1-2 on matchday 2.
That group also had Shakhtar Donetsk in with Madrid again.
1. Real 15pts
2. Inter 10 pts
3. Sheriff 7 pts
4. Shakhtar 2 pts .

Real v Shakhtar (a) 5-0 (h) 2-1

Of course we're not looking backwards ( I should say the team wont be) i can though, just fur fun.

Honestly think were capable of taking at least a pt away to shakhtar and Leipzig and beat both at home, 8 pts there.
Good chance of shakhtar and Leipzig taking points off each other and madrid to dominate the group possibly dropping 2 pts at CP.
That's how I see it , a doddle HH 🍀

I don't care who we get because thiers going to be a show and the Glasgow celtic will be there.nothing like the disco lights the fantastic noise and atmosphere and of course the songs especially grace it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.good times .
Itll take probably a wee bit more time I think for aw the support tae know the best part/ words to grace , really aw I want tae sing is the bit I remember easiest "oh Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger ,
They'll take me in the morn and I will die.
With all my love I place this wedding ring upon your finger" such a powerful song that transcends football and music.
If the whole support gets synced for that bit it will be incredible, also inevitable but it will be beautiful as will the stadium under the lights with our new team and manager .
Show Europe what theyve been missing for the last 5 seasons and optimistically confident of a 4th last 16 appearance , then anything can happen over two legs. HH

Just had a quick look at our fixture list before each CL game Gary, not that it holds any bearing upon the draw as I still class the league as a bigger priority imo.
So our games before a CL fixture are as follows
Scum (H)
Livi (H)
Murderwell (H)
St Johnston (A)
Mini huns (A)
Livi (A)
On the other hand the scum have as follows
Ourselves (A)
Sheep (A)
Mini huns (A)
St mirren (H)
Livi (H)
Sheep (H)
Now we all know this holds no bearing whatsoever but expect the usual moon howling if the scum aren't handed a favourable draw for themselves as usual
Well looking at that fixture list johnno if we can beat the tributeers at CP and I'm confident that's what we'll do , close game maybe the 1st derby so any win will do , hits starfelts arse goes in aff goalies face will do fine.
It'll be a case of handing us the tougher start backfiring cos weve handled it well and have the 2pt cushion.
They'll have to play these games during their campaign , not what the fixture list fixers had in mind I'm sure.
Itll be tough for them us, Aberdeen and hearts away consecutively they'll feel the pressure there.

After thousands of noisers responded with the group theyd prefer/ hope we get , far too many to put on this wee thread .
Docco gets credit for predicting the sevco group by default of using Kelly's reverse psychology model and saying out loud this is who Celtic will get , Docco correctly predicted the zombies would get liverpool, Napoli and inter , I'm sure he meant Ajax cos he knew you canny get two tallies in the same group .
Oot of the other thousands of predictions I also got pretty much what I'd hoped for with Porto being replaced by some team claiming to be more successful than the rangerses' lol as if 🙄 , canny beat 55 titles in 10years whatever EUFA says, the real deal Madrid or sumbdy weve no played this century .
So I'd like to thank everybody all over the world.....wide web Celtic noise forum for the incredible insight into the workings of how champions league group stages are fixed.
The outright winner was Kelly, either because he was right or I'm still connecting the labels.
Looking forward to slippy being pressed for an answer on who he wants to win the runners up battle of Britain 😂 thatll be fun.
Eeeehhhhm! can I get the pool joab next eeeehy?
So Kelly's reverse psychology is the winner HH heres your yella bunnet kelly 🦲 mon eh hoops ( think that's a yella bunnet lol) 🍀

Oh Edit : johnno gets the widden spoon for mixing up Dundee United with Dundee , easily done as one noiser posted " same shite different pile "

Last edited:
It was a bit tongue and cheek stevie.
Fuck it, let the people sing
If the Huns can sing Sweet Caroline, with their fuck the Pope, and the MSM chooses to ignore it, then Up the Ra, it is
I don't do politics, or religion, but if it winds those inbred, mutant, bastards up, so be it
No doubt their dressing room was giving it big licks to Neil Diamond's song, with the added verse, so they can all take a flying fuck at a rolling donut
"Oh-Oh...if I had the wings of an eagle
If I had the arse of a crow
I'd fly over Ibrox each Saturday
And shite on the bastards below"

To the tune of Bring back my Bonnie to me
And before anybody points out that they play on Sunday sometimes, get with the programme
And yes, they do play away games, but I'd still do it every Saturday ;-)
Man Utd fans:
Ooh Aah...Cantona...
To which the opposition fans replied:
Aah Ooh, Kung Fu !!!

I'm off to get ma jaiket
HH

Does Robbie ‘the Tramp’ Neilson think they need stronger refs in Europe noo after his sides 3rd red and 12 bookings inside a week?
I’m sure all the diet huns will be cheering us on now they have no interest in European football themselves…..cough cough..

Back