Champions League Draw - Celtic v FK Sarajevo

No one stands out as a great individual. It's a mix of experience and youth and some decent players, many of them came through our academy, which didn't happen before, and most of them have potential for a national team. Team cohesion is on point right now. Our goalkeeper is great, young, tall and confident. He was on the bench in the game against Italy, his first national call up. Edwin van der Sar dedicated a video for him, saying that he has great potential and he is a good goalie, which he is.
Do you see much Scottish football on TV, rajvo?

We don't get much access to football from Bosnia, Herzigovina, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro etc, but we know about many of the players who play throughout Europe in the bigger leagues.

A lot of clubs develop partnerships with clubs in other countries and exchange players and resources. Would that be something that would interest FKS?

Do you see much Scottish football on TV, rajvo?

We don't get much access to football from Bosnia, Herzigovina, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro etc, but we know about many of the players who play throughout Europe in the bigger leagues.

A lot of clubs develop partnerships with clubs in other countries and exchange players and resources. Would that be something that would interest FKS?

Yes, I have access to your league. I can watch it week after week. One local television streams matches and I watch it whenever I can, especially Celtic.

As for the second part, we are already linked with Kortrijk from Belgium. But mostly players from here go over there. And we used to have that link with Cardiff side, while we shared owner (Vincent Tan), but nothing ever happened really.

Yes, I have access to your league. I can watch it week after week. One local television streams matches and I watch it whenever I can, especially Celtic.

As for the second part, we are already linked with Kortrijk from Belgium. But mostly players from here go over there. And we used to have that link with Cardiff side, while we shared owner (Vincent Tan), but nothing ever happened really.
I would like to see some younger Celtic players experience a different culture and a different style of football.

Football in your country is more technical than Scotland (it's very aggressive here). It's important for young players to feel comfortable with the ball and express themselves. Not too many Scottish players play abroad and I think it hurts our national team too.

I would like to see some younger Celtic players experience a different culture and a different style of football.

Football in your country is more technical than Scotland (it's very aggressive here). It's important for young players to feel comfortable with the ball and express themselves. Not too many Scottish players play abroad and I think it hurts our national team too.

Well it does depend, stronger sides play much more technical football and tend towards that play style, but weaker teams are much more agressive and play long balls and set pieces only, because that's the only thing that butchers can do over here. Also, pitch is sometimes very bad and ugly, so those away games can be very tricky and difficult! So it's importa to have all kinds of players, technical ones and not so technical ones. Games are often decided with a single creative play and that might be one of our advantages in the upcoming matches. Because sometimes they produce some genious moments, even tho they can't repeat the same move in thousand years... :D

Well it does depend, stronger sides play much more technical football and tend towards that play style, but weaker teams are much more agressive and play long balls and set pieces only, because that's the only thing that butchers can do over here. Also, pitch is sometimes very bad and ugly, so those away games can be very tricky and difficult! So it's importa to have all kinds of players, technical ones and not so technical ones. Games are often decided with a single creative play and that might be one of our advantages in the upcoming matches. Because sometimes they produce some genious moments, even tho they can't repeat the same move in thousand years... :D
Wow.......sounds exactly like Scotland

One of ex-Celtic players scored a goal against Sarajevo in a friendly match just recently. Bahrudin Atajic, he now plays for Mladost in Bosnian League. What do y'all think of him? I am not sure if he ever played a competitive match for Celtic tho...

Latest posts

Back