Champions League Draw - Celtic v FK Sarajevo

We are trashing another champions league team in friendly match 5:0 and it's just a half-time. It's FK Partizani, they were one of the potential opponents of Celtic before the actual draw. Beware bhoys. :p
Mate at this stage of the season teams have to beware the mighty brechin, beach, sun, holiday, odd burger/pizza, back to graft, Monday blues. Your tips are wasted we got beat with Red Imps and pumped them at home.

The first leg being held in Bosnia is great for Celtic. They will know after 90 minutes what they will have to do the following week at Celtic Park. The pitch will be terrible and the Bosnians will make it even worse. This will not be a match where a skillful 40 metre pass will arrive at the foot of the striker. They will want to nullify our technical skill by playing on a rutted bog. It will be hard to keep possession of the ball on such a pitch. It is harder to turn and change direction on such a pitch and the wings are usually better. If our fullbacks can overlap and cross the ball we will need height to aim at and knock it down to the scorer. Assuming we get another quality CB I'd be interested in playing Ajer at centre forward (he knows that position) or perhaps Bayo if he impresses in pre-season. Eddie or Griff could feed off that height. Set pieces will be crucial and corner kicks need practice. We must avoid tackles from the back with a Euro ref. An away goal would be terrific but a clean sheet is essential.

We are trashing another champions league team in friendly match 5:0 and it's just a half-time. It's FK Partizani, they were one of the potential opponents of Celtic before the actual draw. Beware bhoys. :p
Many, many years ago - Celtic played Partizani in the European Cup. We also played Partzan Belgrade in a famous match in the old Cup Winners Cup.

Partizan Belgrade won the first leg 2-1, but Celtic were leading 5-3 in the second leg before Partizan scored in the last minute to win the tie on the away goals rule.

We also lost to Croatia Zagreb in 1998 (1-0, 0-3) and played Dinamo Zagreb in the Europa League 4 or 5 years ago.

Our recent record isn't great against teams from the Balkan regions, so I'm hoping that we have more luck against FKS in the coming matches.

The first leg being held in Bosnia is great for Celtic. They will know after 90 minutes what they will have to do the following week at Celtic Park. The pitch will be terrible and the Bosnians will make it even worse. This will not be a match where a skillful 40 metre pass will arrive at the foot of the striker. They will want to nullify our technical skill by playing on a rutted bog. It will be hard to keep possession of the ball on such a pitch. It is harder to turn and change direction on such a pitch and the wings are usually better. If our fullbacks can overlap and cross the ball we will need height to aim at and knock it down to the scorer. Assuming we get another quality CB I'd be interested in playing Ajer at centre forward (he knows that position) or perhaps Bayo if he impresses in pre-season. Eddie or Griff could feed off that height. Set pieces will be crucial and corner kicks need practice. We must avoid tackles from the back with a Euro ref. An away goal would be terrific but a clean sheet is essential.

Sorry man, but that's wrong, pitch will be good and more than decent. I know on what kind of pitches you play away games in your league, this one is much better than most of those, believe me.

Back