Charity!

Hoopy427

Well we've all made it through Christmas and January and hopefully you'll all have a few extra quid in your pocket now, so he who must be obeyed (StevieBhoy) recons it would be better going to a good cause rather than getting spunked on jager bombs in the pub (Artur) and he's right. (For a change)
So we're looking for suggestions of charities that you'd like to help, I was thinking the McNeil family's new charity for dementia and alzheimer's but other suggestions would be welcomed.
We're also looking for ideas for prizes, we can do a boax but they cost a few quid and invariably end up at Michael Duffy's house, so if anyone has a prize suggestion or something they could contribute that would be great.
Main thing is we raise a few quid for a good cause. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help HH. 😺

Well we've all made it through Christmas and January and hopefully you'll all have a few extra quid in your pocket now, so he who must be obeyed (StevieBhoy) recons it would be better going to a good cause rather than getting spunked on jager bombs in the pub (Artur) and he's right. (For a change)
So we're looking for suggestions of charities that you'd like to help, I was thinking the McNeil family's new charity for dementia and alzheimer's but other suggestions would be welcomed.
We're also looking for ideas for prizes, we can do a boax but they cost a few quid and invariably end up at Michael Duffy's house, so if anyone has a prize suggestion or something they could contribute that would be great.
Main thing is we raise a few quid for a good cause. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help HH. 😺

Good idea to start off the McNeil's charity with a few pounds and a couple of tickets for a game could be a good prize.

Nah,too corporate,think we should start our own,get in touch with likeminded fan groupsand start a football fan's against homelessness 🍺
I'm taking tomorrow off Mick because I think I've worked enough this week, but I'm gonna struggle to arrange that in a day! Good idea though it sickens me that there are still homeless folk in this 'advanced' country.

Ma thinkin is twofold Hoopy, we start an initiative,maybe co-ordinate with local partner's, and football fan groups across the country, to fight this disgrace,and maybe, just maybe it might reduce the bile and hatred that is the curse of our game,imagine goin' to say, Aberdeen,and they display a banner sayin' "well done the fan's,we raised a £1000 to fight homelessness" ah know, you may say i'm a dreamer........ hic' 🍺

Ma thinkin is twofold Hoopy, we start an initiative,maybe co-ordinate with local partner's, and football fan groups across the country, to fight this disgrace,and maybe, just maybe it might reduce the bile and hatred that is the curse of our game,imagine goin' to say, Aberdeen,and they display a banner sayin' "well done the fan's,we raised a £1000 to fight homelessness" ah know, you may say i'm a dreamer........ hic' 🍺
You have some time on your paws Mick, people listen to you and respect you so go for it, start the ball rolling, I'll back you and help any way I can I'm sure plenty others here will too.

Sent this to "Scottish football fan's forum
Message: At "Celtic noise" we are thinking of starting a fund in conjunction with local homeless charities,to donate and collect money at every football match in Scotland, to involve every fan group in the country in a common cause, to fight the scourge of homelessness in our town's and cities,and maybe,just maybe,this common cause cause can unite the fan's and possibly reduce the bile and hatred,which has become so prevalent in our game,whit dae ye think guys!

Sent this to "Scottish football fan's forum
Message: At "Celtic noise" we are thinking of starting a fund in conjunction with local homeless charities,to donate and collect money at every football match in Scotland, to involve every fan group in the country in a common cause, to fight the scourge of homelessness in our town's and cities,and maybe,just maybe,this common cause cause can unite the fan's and possibly reduce the bile and hatred,which has become so prevalent in our game,whit dae ye think guys!
Well said Michael (y)

Any charitable donations to dementia or any similar illnesses is a fantastic idea in my book also I was amazed to recently learn that doctors are unable to diagnose alzheimer's until after the patient's death. Anyone else evet heard this before? I dont mind saying that this has blown me away

Members online

Latest posts

Back