Charity!

So true but it's always been a case of we look out for our own, so you are going to propose this to Celtic fc? I for one am willing to give up my CP Saturday and stand with a collection tin. I'm sure WCB can spread this further with his Celtic star connections niall j also. This is something that I'm sure all the family will want to get involved in. It's a fantastic idea. Whether or not the club will allow you/us to collect on the concourse is another matter. When I worked for the old rock steady at ibrokes and hampden they would only allow collectors to work in the turnstile ques outside as fans went in and came out. They put it down to some unheard of legislation bs, I personally believed it was so it didnt affect matchday food and soft drinks sales. Let's hope that they at least let us on the concourse under the stands up until kick off. I can understand why they may not after that as people leave at pace and could be health and safety at play. I'm not sure how best to go about it at first perhaps a post asking who's willing on the noise where folk can add their name? WCB and niall j have connections with the Celtic star and I'm sure many have connections with the green brigade. All of whom I'm positive will want in on this great cause. Keep us all up to date MD and god bless you and keep you and yours HH MD 💚

Last edited:
For the homeless look more to the small street charities like https://loavesandfishesek.com/

who do a lot of good work at street level and use the donations to help folk that need it and not spent up in admin costs

Large charities are a rip off if they ever printed how much they spend regarding pence in the pound ,donations would dry right up

another idea would be a monthly donation made to a different foodbank each month

So true but it's always been a case of we look out for our own, so you are going to propose this to Celtic fc? I for one am willing to give up my CP Saturday and stand with a collection tin. I'm sure WCB can spread this further with his Celtic star connections niall j also. This is something that I'm sure all the family will want to get involved in. It's a fantastic idea. Whether or not the club will allow you/us to collect on the concourse is another matter. When I worked for the old rock steady at ibrokes and hampden they would only allow collectors to work in the turnstile ques outside as fans went in and came out. They put it down to some unheard of legislation bs, I personally believed it was so it didnt affect matchday food and soft drinks sales. Let's hope that they at least let us on the concourse under the stands up until kick off. I can understand why they may not after that as people leave at pace and could be health and safety at play. I'm not sure how best to go about it at first perhaps a post asking who's willing on the noise where folk can add their name? WCB and niall j have connections with the Celtic star and I'm sure many have connections with the green brigade. All of whom I'm positive will want in on this great cause. Keep us all up to date MD and god bless you and keep you and yours HH MD 💚
We'll sort something although not sure about the legality of collections unless it's a registered charity. Great feedback and ideas guys.🍀

For the homeless look more to the small street charities like https://loavesandfishesek.com/

who do a lot of good work at street level and use the donations to help folk that need it and not spent up in admin costs

Large charities are a rip off if they ever printed how much they spend regarding pence in the pound ,donations would dry right up

another idea would be a monthly donation made to a different foodbank each month
Sound's good kelly HH

Sound's good kelly HH
These guys used to go out in a bus to feed the homeless every night in the winter and give them dry clothes , used to see them in the city in the early hours when i worked there long time know but i'm sure they still do this
They also run sit down meals twice a week for the homeless in glasgow where folk can walk in and get a hot meal plus they now have a food bank service and it's run by volunteers

These guys used to go out in a bus to feed the homeless every night in the winter and give them dry clothes , used to see them in the city in the early hours when i worked there long time know but i'm sure they still do this
They also run sit down meals twice a week for the homeless in glasgow where folk can walk in and get a hot meal plus they now have a food bank service and it's run by volunteers
Could be the ideal candidate for a helpin hand kelly(y)

These volunteers deserve all the praise they get,I have been on the receiving end 37 years ago in London,a very lonely place when you dont know a soul and the only comfort you have is the half empty bottle you are holding..while lying in somebody,s doorway on the Strand
I was once asked in an ordinary conversation what the best present I had ever received,,the easiest question I ever answered,,A dry pair of socks,,,these socks were from volunteers,, I realise it is hard for people to understand why a pair of socks can make somebody so happy,,but you only know the answer after walking in the same soaking wet socks for almost 3 weeks..
If anybody knows where I can make a donation,please let me know..

HH.

Well we've all made it through Christmas and January and hopefully you'll all have a few extra quid in your pocket now, so he who must be obeyed (StevieBhoy) recons it would be better going to a good cause rather than getting spunked on jager bombs in the pub (Artur) and he's right. (For a change)
So we're looking for suggestions of charities that you'd like to help, I was thinking the McNeil family's new charity for dementia and alzheimer's but other suggestions would be welcomed.
We're also looking for ideas for prizes, we can do a boax but they cost a few quid and invariably end up at Michael Duffy's house, so if anyone has a prize suggestion or something they could contribute that would be great.
Main thing is we raise a few quid for a good cause. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help HH. 😺
Aye great idea now that i've made it through January I think I will be charitable to myself this time round and MOT and tax the car and do a few upgrades to it like tyres, wipers and generally just use any spare to update my gym membership and buy some clothes.

Aye great idea now that i've made it through January I think I will be charitable to myself this time round and MOT and tax the car and do a few upgrades to it like tyres, wipers and generally just use any spare to update my gym membership and buy some clothes.
:unsure: whit size o tyres will you be gettin ,and do you park on the street

Members online

Latest posts

Back