Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

This is turning into a comedy of errors..

HH.
Again GS it's the mistakes made last season that are still evident today.
If we can't loan out Barkas then again we have to hope Ange can increase his confidence and he can come good, a big ask but not impossible.
Bain is grand as a no2 and could argue even better than Barkas.
But how much money can we throw at keepers when only 1 should be in that position for the best part of the season barring injury?

If we can't loan out Barkas then again we have to hope Ange can increase his confidence and he can come good, a big ask but not impossible.
But how much money can we throw at keepers when only 1 should be in that position for the best part of the season barring injury?
Hope to goodness I'm proved wrong John, but neither of our two keepers fill me with confidence. I hope at least one of them can come good. But I just don't see it. A quality keeper as far as I'm concerned is one of our signing priorities.

I think he's got to try n build barkas up maybe way better defenders he might be the keeper we thought we were getting🤷

Hope to goodness I'm proved wrong John, but neither of our two keepers fill me with confidence. I hope at least one of them can come good. But I just don't see it. A quality keeper as far as I'm concerned is one of our signing priorities.
I'm the same Frank.
But could we really afford to be paying something like 40k a week on 3 keeper's where only 1 can play.
I'll hazard a guess at Ange trying to play Barkas on the halfway line in an attempt to boost his confidence but must admit I would rather see someone between the sticks that can bring far more confidence to the whole back line

Maybe we should just make Dudu Dahan our Director of Football.

Liel Abda, a star of Maccabi Petah Tikva, is on his way to becoming a player for Celtic, the Scottish runner-up. Already last night we announced that Celtic are willing to pay for Abda 4 million euros for about 80% of his ticket and this morning (Tuesday) ONE learned that his sale to the Scots is on the verge of closing and should close in the next 24 hours. The one who closed the whole deal is international agent Dudu Dahan.
Abda who is in France will make his way to London today and from there will continue on another flight to Glasgow, apparently arriving only tomorrow morning to Scotland to complete his move. The striker was also wanted by a number of teams from France and at the same time had other league offers, including Belgium, when Club Brugge were among those interested, but he will eventually reach the luxury club from the British Isles.

On a positive, coming from green list Israel means he doesn't need to quarantine for days on arrival.

Of course not, as none of us know what ajer actual stance is along with that of the club.
For all we know, the club may well be depending upon him for next week and still pricing him out of a move.
I still think we need another CB in regardless of the ajer situation is and still think we will get someone maybe not in time for next week mind
Apparently in today's reports he's not happy as club gave agents a 15 million selling figure and now looking for more.We really need to be careful as he might turn round and say to hell with it I will see out the last year.Defo need another experienced CB to go with Julien onc he's back.

Apparently in today's reports he's not happy as club gave agents a 15 million selling figure and now looking for more.We really need to be careful as he might turn round and say to hell with it I will see out the last year.Defo need another experienced CB to go with Julien onc he's back.
or TWO when Julia gets back.

From French football agent's twitter

Brandon Soppy (Stade Rennais) at Celtic Glasgow? The player has already reached an agreement with the Scottish club and negotiations between the two clubs are progressing well despite a first offer much lower than Rennes expectations.

How sad mate that Celtic Football Club have to depend on the quality of Barkas or Bain.
If this is the best we can do then we are in shit street before we get started,I know a lot of people wont agree with me but I have absolutely no confidence in any of them.
How stupid we must look now after allowing Craig Gordon to walk away and once again all about money they did not want to pay him,,another Lawwell legacy which has come back to haunt us..

HH

Of course not, as none of us know what ajer actual stance is along with that of the club.
For all we know, the club may well be depending upon him for next week and still pricing him out of a move.
I still think we need another CB in regardless of the ajer situation is and still think we will get someone maybe not in time for next week mind
We definitely need Ajer for next week John,but I think we are about to find out just how much the interested clubs need him also..
Would he be fit for Tuesday ?? only he can tell us that,would he be willing to risk an injury for us ??
again only he can tell us that,could we expect him to play if he was fit...Definitely..
He is still being paid by Celtic..
HH

I should,nt be reading your post John,I should,nt know the name Barkas,IMO we should be talking about Craig Gordon but unfortunately Lawwell and Lenny have taken that right away from us by allowing the big guy to walk away from Celtic.
Goalkeepers have been one of our strong points these last 20 years and more,now it,s a position we are finding very difficult to fill with a goalkeeper worthy of wearing the jersey,I suppose that could be said about a few positions not just a goalkeeper..
McGregor must be worth around 8 points per season to sevco,our goalkeepers last season could have cost us that amount of points..
I agree John,Barkas needs confidence,maybe a couple of competitive games under A.P. will help him get the confidence he needs..

HH

Hope the boys second name doesn't put anyone off 😂😂😂
Fucking beauty, just what we need another player for the development squad. Not as if we need players for the first team

I can't understand why the club is getting pelters for signing promising young players. Of course we need experienced first team recruits. That is very obvious. However, with the exception of Shaw, I really don't believe for a minute the young players signed are for the first team. We've lost a few of our own promising youngsters to other clubs recently, and the club has taken absolute pelters for it. So, for me, all we're doing is taking advantage of a system which has cost us in terms of lost potential . Having said that, I also must say I agree with the overall feeling that we really do need to get some serious transfer business done.

Members online

Latest posts

Back