CLUB or COUNTRY

John nó

With this international break been so disappointing and we are still not out of the woods yet, I ask the question should players now be given a choice on weather they want to represent there countries.
Myself as a Republic supporter was in favour of Shane Duffy representing Ireland as our captain, and not only stopping goals, he is still our best option to score them. Am I in favour of him still playing these meaningless nations league matches the answer is No.
Calmac is a huge player for Scotland and celtic so yes next time around available for the play off final and fuck the nations Cup, and that applys to all of our players as far as I am concerned.
Has the time come when the player himself can make that choice without running the anger of a nation?

With this international break been so disappointing and we are still not out of the woods yet, I ask the question should players now be given a choice on weather they want to represent there countries.
Myself as a Republic supporter was in favour of Shane Duffy representing Ireland as our captain, and not only stopping goals, he is still our best option to score them. Am I in favour of him still playing these meaningless nations league matches the answer is No.
Calmac is a huge player for Scotland and celtic so yes next time around available for the play off final and fuck the nations Cup, and that applys to all of our players as far as I am concerned.
Has the time come when the player himself can make that choice without running the anger of a nation?

I dont think it should be up to the players either to be honest. I think it should be up to the club that pays their wages. For some mad reason guys like mcgregor and christie want to play for Scotland. Same with our other internationalist. They want to represent their country and if given the chance will choose to. It should be up to the club to protect their players even if the player disagrees. And can I also point out that world governments should be stepping in here. I would not be allowed to go to a conference and mix with people all over the world then go back home and carry on as normal so why are FIFA allowed to take guys from all over the world, make them mix with each other then send them back on their merry way with the chance of carrying the infection. Its a joke.

I dont think it should be up to the players either to be honest. I think it should be up to the club that pays their wages. For some mad reason guys like mcgregor and christie want to play for Scotland. Same with our other internationalist. They want to represent their country and if given the chance will choose to. It should be up to the club to protect their players even if the player disagrees. And can I also point out that world governments should be stepping in here. I would not be allowed to go to a conference and mix with people all over the world then go back home and carry on as normal so why are FIFA allowed to take guys from all over the world, make them mix with each other then send them back on their merry way with the chance of carrying the infection. Its a joke.
Good points Lubos, but this has been a problem made by eufa and fifa so celtic as a club would have fuck all of a say against them. But what would the SFA do if we made a stand against them over the concurns of our players safety? Would we get the backing of a government? At this stage I feel the player themselves should have more of a say regarding there own safety with the backing of their club and all within it,

Good points Lubos, but this has been a problem made by eufa and fifa so celtic as a club would have fuck all of a say against them. But what would the SFA do if we made a stand against them over the concurns of our players safety? Would we get the backing of a government? At this stage I feel the player themselves should have more of a say regarding there own safety with the backing of their club and all within it,

Could you tell me this. Did you ever play football and were good at it? I can't get my head around your "for some mad reason" they want to play for their country. Why wouldn't anyone who made it as a professional player not strive to be recognised as an International player? I get the debate regarding is it wise to play these games in the middle of a pandemic, but, any game where we play other people outwith our own bubble, is as much a threat as an international game. Indeed, other countries plying us I would argue puts them in more danger coming to these virus infected islands, the highest death rate per capita in the world, a Tory Govt who have paid their rich pals to fuck Track and Trace and literally hundreds of thousands of total bell ends who don't comply. Getting back to our players in the squad. What I find bizarre is your statement about why should they even want to? I find that unfathomable. When I was playing football and hoped to make it, Celtic and Scotland were absolutely goals for me. Could you elaborate on where you are coming from with that? I love to see our players in the team. Its a pity their ability isn't enough to raise us from the level of boring as fuck and technically bereft, but if we have the best players in the country, which we do, nd the SFA today, unlike the past, pick sevconians and refused to cap our past players who the sec cunts couldn't lace their boots. Are you still fucked off with that? I just don't understand that attitude. They are Scottish. Their country has a national team so why would they not want to play?

Could you tell me this. Did you ever play football and were good at it? I can't get my head around your "for some mad reason" they want to play for their country. Why wouldn't anyone who made it as a professional player not strive to be recognised as an International player? I get the debate regarding is it wise to play these games in the middle of a pandemic, but, any game where we play other people outwith our own bubble, is as much a threat as an international game. Indeed, other countries plying us I would argue puts them in more danger coming to these virus infected islands, the highest death rate per capita in the world, a Tory Govt who have paid their rich pals to fuck Track and Trace and literally hundreds of thousands of total bell ends who don't comply. Getting back to our players in the squad. What I find bizarre is your statement about why should they even want to? I find that unfathomable. When I was playing football and hoped to make it, Celtic and Scotland were absolutely goals for me. Could you elaborate on where you are coming from with that? I love to see our players in the team. Its a pity their ability isn't enough to raise us from the level of boring as fuck and technically bereft, but if we have the best players in the country, which we do, nd the SFA today, unlike the past, pick sevconians and refused to cap our past players who the sec cunts couldn't lace their boots. Are you still fucked off with that? I just don't understand that attitude. They are Scottish. Their country has a national team so why would they not want to play?
I would argue the importance of these games, are they really of any relevance, especially at this moment in time. Of course Scotland play off final is a huge game and I would expect every player to be made available.
Like I said before Shane Duffy is captain of the Republic of Ireland and if he should feel I would rather keep safe and not risk been unavailable for my club, is that a bad thing to do? Plenty of others would love to have the opportunity. And we have to face this bollox again next month I think

In the middle of a pandemic if i were a player i would say fk it as the past days have proved the umberella of the SFA is full of holes ,so as a player i would look after family first Club 2nd and to fk with country

All players would love to represent there country every footballer strives for that even when they get the arm band ripped off them by a jakey fkwit manager ,they still want to be a part of it , but were in strange times now ,one persons idea of protection is another persons idea of a barrier and with there being no guidlines set in stone no protocols established across the board

Then it would Club every day of the week they pay the wages they look after you ,are people forgetting how the country did fk all to help John Kennedy when he was crippled ,,,,,,tells you all you need to know

I would argue the importance of these games, are they really of any relevance, especially at this moment in time. Of course Scotland play off final is a huge game and I would expect every player to be made available.
Like I said before Shane Duffy is captain of the Republic of Ireland and if he should feel I would rather keep safe and not risk been unavailable for my club, is that a bad thing to do? Plenty of others would love to have the opportunity. And we have to face this bollox again next month I think
I don't have a problem with taking necessary measures and evaluating wether its all worth it. My problem is with Lubos statement that he he couldn't understand why they wanted to play for their country. Also, if we are talking about how important these games are in light of the carnage, which I would agree with, then we have to look at league games at home and view them in the same light. otherwise it seems pretty clear that we will allow hazards when it suits and throws our arms when it doesn't. That's cognitive dissonance at its finest. Its ok for our games to go ahead with all the risk to players and staff face here, but play the games in an International context and the rules or perception changes. Calling for an end to Internationals calls to an end the Europa League and our own domestic league. Its basically the same virus, the same risk and the same awful outcome. I actually cannot see the league surviving the winter, especially if those among us continue to think it goes away because they are fed up and want to go for a pint.

Cos scotland are shite and I wouldn't want to play for them. Is that elaborate enough for you TV?? That's my opinion. I could not give a shit what your feelings are towards the national team. Couldnt care less if you wanted to play for them or not. Dont care if you find it bizarre either. Fucking hell you lot on here need to realise that people have their own feelings and opinion on stuff. Half of yees spend your time getting all upset and angry when someone shares a fucking thought or opinion.

I don't have a problem with taking necessary measures and evaluating wether its all worth it. My problem is with Lubos statement that he he couldn't understand why they wanted to play for their country. Also, if we are talking about how important these games are in light of the carnage, which I would agree with, then we have to look at league games at home and view them in the same light. otherwise it seems pretty clear that we will allow hazards when it suits and throws our arms when it doesn't. That's cognitive dissonance at its finest. Its ok for our games to go ahead with all the risk to players and staff face here, but play the games in an International context and the rules or perception changes. Calling for an end to Internationals calls to an end the Europa League and our own domestic league. Its basically the same virus, the same risk and the same awful outcome. I actually cannot see the league surviving the winter, especially if those among us continue to think it goes away because they are fed up and want to go for a pint.

Don't let it be a problem for you TV. Take it how it is. A personal opinion made by someone who might not share your views on the matter.

The difference with the domestic game is that the clubs have better control over what is going on. I know that sounds mad after boli, but you can't count on a prick acting like a prick.
We also have no idea on how this testing is being carried out by other countries, as we do know we will act above board as a club, not so sure other clubs can make that claim.

I don't have a problem with taking necessary measures and evaluating wether its all worth it. My problem is with Lubos statement that he he couldn't understand why they wanted to play for their country. Also, if we are talking about how important these games are in light of the carnage, which I would agree with, then we have to look at league games at home and view them in the same light. otherwise it seems pretty clear that we will allow hazards when it suits and throws our arms when it doesn't. That's cognitive dissonance at its finest. Its ok for our games to go ahead without all the risk to players and staff face here, but play the games in an International context and the rules or perception changes. Calling for an end to Internationals calls to an end the Europa League and our own domestic league. Its basically the same virus, the same risk and the same awful outcome. I actually cannot see the league surviving the winter, especially if those among us continue to think it goes away because they are fed up and want to go for a pint.
Cos scotland are shite and I wouldn't want to play for them. Is that elaborate enough for you TV?? That's my opinion. I could not give a shit what your feelings are towards the national team. Couldnt care less if you wanted to play for them or not. Dont care if you find it bizarre either. Fucking hell you lot on here need to realise that people have their own feelings and opinion on stuff. Half of yees spend your time getting all upset and angry when someone shares a fucking thought or opinion.
Whose angry or upset? I am not in the slightest, I was interested to her the reason behind what you said. You think they are shite and you wouldn't want to play for them and if you were a player you would have that choice. They are actually players and they too have the choice. The most of the players in the world don't play for Germany or France or Spain, most play for "shite" teams and if they didn't the better teams would have no cunt to play. We play shite teams every week maybe if the players who played for them thought the same way, then football would die. As for opinions, are you saying a discussion thread about football shouldn't include asking what the opinion is, and saying wether you agree with it, or do we just all nod and say nothing? Thats what these boards are about, opinions, looking at them, arguing in support or against and saying why. I said why I disagreed and asked you why you couldn't believe they wanted to and you explained you wouldn't want to because they're shite. Thats fine and you are entitled to feel that way.

The difference with the domestic game is that the clubs have better control over what is going on. I know that sounds mad after boli, but you can't count on a prick acting like a prick.
We also have no idea on how this testing is being carried out by other countries, as we do know we will act above board as a club, not so sure other clubs can make that claim.
our UK testing is the worst in Europe, so again, there is more risk here than anywhere apart from the USA or Brazil. If I was a foreign player I may refuse to play us at all. We are more of a danger than any other European or indeed world nation and the stats back that up. So would you want the Europa League cancelled?

I don't have a problem with taking necessary measures and evaluating wether its all worth it. My problem is with Lubos statement that he he couldn't understand why they wanted to play for their country. Also, if we are talking about how important these games are in light of the carnage, which I would agree with, then we have to look at league games at home and view them in the same light. otherwise it seems pretty clear that we will allow hazards when it suits and throws our arms when it doesn't. That's cognitive dissonance at its finest. Its ok for our games to go ahead without all the risk to players and staff face here, but play the games in an International context and the rules or perception changes. Calling for an end to Internationals calls to an end the Europa League and our own domestic league. Its basically the same virus, the same risk and the same awful outcome. I actually cannot see the league surviving the winter, especially if those among us continue to think it goes away because they are fed up and want to go for a pint.

Whose angry or upset? I am not in the slightest, I was interested to her the reason behind what you said. You think they are shite and you wouldn't want to play for them and if you were a player you would have that choice. They are actually players and they too have the choice. The most of the players in the world don't play for Germany or France or Spain, most play for "shite" teams and if they didn't the better teams would have no cunt to play. We play shite teams every week maybe if the players who played for them thought the same way, then football would die. As for opinions, are you saying a discussion thread about football shouldn't include asking what the opinion is, and saying wether you agree with it, or do we just all nod and say nothing? Thats what these boards are about, opinions, looking at them, arguing in support or against and saying why. I said why I disagreed and asked you why you couldn't believe they wanted to and you explained you wouldn't want to because they're shite. Thats fine and you are entitled to feel that way.

You said you had a problem with my statement.

:unsure: But is it yer own ,,,,,you did at one time say you had a boax :oops: and then let slip it was yer faithers ,,,,,,,,😷 spill,,,,are these rants opinions yer own ,,,fess up

😫 and a better no be in the half of yeez mob

Want to see shite then watch the Republic, run by far bigger muppets than the SFA

If the club pulls the players out the Scottish squad, fifa will come down on Celtic like a ton of bricks, with a ban on European competition a distinct possibility, if the the players themselves pull out, the SFA will evoke the 7 day no club football for the players involved, only way round it would be for the players to “retire” from international duty for the duration of the pandemic, then make themselves available again when it’s safe to play international football

Back