Club statement

Get your point entirely Boab but it would be a good wee symbolic message to send to the board at the very least. Don't think any of us are planning to man the barricades outside the superstore or anything like that, it would be about the support making a statement and sending the board a reminder about who actually sustains this club more than anything. (y)
EoqsNzKWEAM5OfT.jpg

Get your point entirely Boab but it would be a good wee symbolic message to send to the board at the very least. Don't think any of us are planning to man the barricades outside the superstore or anything like that, it would be about the support making a statement and sending the board a reminder about who actually sustains this club more than anything. (y)
we back the team then we need the finances to maintain a team.

No just about that season though Boab.
Agree but buying merchandise for me is not about financially securing PLs wage to me its about supporting the community in general and keeping good Celtic people from surrounding areas in employment and also about giving the gift of Celtic to others. I am a Calton Lad and take pride in the history of the area and Celtic.

61Zw5ztHemL._AC_SL1059_.jpg

TBF they did deliver the title that season
Not sure what point you’re making here boab. The board do not put a penny into the club. They just decide what to do with the monies received from other sources. So they did not deliver anything in my opinion.
I agree that cutting off revenue is nit the best approach to investing in the team. But protests, banners, messages and social media are disdainfully ignored by these conceited clowns. Revenue loss won’t be.
Don’t know what else will force their hand.

"The board do not put a penny into the club." if they do their job right they do put money in the money in comes from their experience to bring in revenue streams not them personaly putting their hanfd in their pocket, but without professionals who know how to bring in Sponsors etc and how to invest money in to increase it to me is similar. Anyway bottom line is I agree with most on here as to what is required, but personaly the choice my family have next season is not to take up their seat, but that would not stop me buying books etc.

Agree but buying merchandise for me is not about financially securing PLs wage to me its about supporting the community in general and keeping good Celtic people from surrounding areas in employment and also about giving the gift of Celtic to others.

Not arguing with any of that mate, the original point being made wasn't about PL's wages though it was about sending a message in a manner that would get the Celtic board's attention and how making such a symbolic statement about who really sustains our club might serve as a reminder to them of the importance of showing the support respect rather than contempt.

Not arguing with any of that mate, the original point being made wasn't about PL's wages though it was about sending a message in a manner that would get the Celtic board's attention and how making such a symbolic statement about who really sustains our club might serve as a reminder to them of the importance of showing the support respect rather than contempt.
Yep, season ticket renewals.

Yep, season ticket renewals.

That's the nuclear option to me but aye I must admit after the last couple of days I've been seriously considering it, not because Lenny and the team are struggling but because of the manner in which the Celtic hierarchy has dealt with the whole situation. Unfortunately ye might be right mate maybe that is the only way they'll sit up and take notice. :(

That's the nuclear option to me but aye I must admit after the last couple of days I've been seriously considering it, not because Lenny and the team are struggling but because of the manner in which the Celtic hierarchy has dealt with the whole situation. Unfortunately ye might be right mate maybe that is the only way they'll sit up and take notice. :(
Worth more than books and trinkets, you bring down a board with millions at stake.

As a wee addon other clubs take a hit as without Celtic fans not only is football nothing there will be no TV sponsor and the SFA will go tits up without the revenue. If you are going to wreck a joint do it right.

"The board do not put a penny into the club." if they do their job right they do put money in the money in comes from their experience to bring in revenue streams not them personaly putting their hanfd in their pocket, but without professionals who know how to bring in Sponsors etc and how to invest money in to increase it to me is similar. Anyway bottom line is I agree with most on here as to what is required, but personaly the choice my family have next season is not to take up their seat, but that would not stop me buying books etc.
Yes I understand the idea that if they're doing their job right they can help bring revenue into the club. But Lawell is not doing this for free just because he’s a fan. He is being handsomely compensated and I would expect no less.
The support on the hand pour millions into the club every year albeit in exchange for an expected product. When that product is not up to scratch I believe they have a right to complain. Except as we can see from Desmond, Lawell and co. complaints are simply ignored. Tell me any other business where you would get with this indefinitely. In any other industry the ‘customers’ would simply vanish. But these arrogant barstewards feel they can simply ignore you and still expect you to buy their product.

Yes I understand the idea that if they're doing their job right they can help bring revenue into the club. But Lawell is not doing this for free just because he’s a fan. He is being handsomely compensated and I would expect no less.
The support on the hand pour millions into the club every year albeit in exchange for an expected product. When that product is not up to scratch I believe they have a right to complain. Except as we can see from Desmond, Lawell and co. complaints are simply ignored. Tell me any other business where you would get with this indefinitely. In any other industry the ‘customers’ would simply vanish. But these arrogant barstewards feel they can simply ignore you and still expect you to buy their product.
Remember though, not all is the say of the CEO, if there are shareholders willing to take their cut whilst around them collapses then they should be brought to book, time to identify influentail shareholders and take them to task.
It takes more than one to make a decision, there will be stakeholders who remain nameless as of who will hev happily voted through the no to Res 12 as they will have seen a nice wee profit form their shares, these are the same ones who will sit it out and hope to have a strong sevco, so they can fleece us in the myth that is an old firm, two cheeks of the same arse, only one was amputated and is now fake pretending to be a cheek.
1607461928738.png

Back