Coin throwing

I agree with you but it needs to be taught in a constructive way not shouted/ sung with venom - education is of course the key for both sides and if a wean sees their parents being tolerant (yes even of idiots) and explaining despite what was done in the past we forgive and move on then we are building a better society.
No argument there mate. Never was. Education is paramount, and constructive Education is vital to move to a better understanding. Appreciate your comments.
Take care HH

The only line that really upsets me (and you don't hear it all that often these days) is the line about "soon there will be no Protestants at all". That is sectarian and intolerant. It is also downright nonsensical, for although I have no doubt that Celtic could manage without me, where would they have been without Jock Stein, Henrik Larsson and Scott Brown to mention but three? As I say, you hardly hear it at all these days, thankfully! On the general subject of historical songs, I see no harm in them - in fact I can sing a good "Kevin Barry" myself - and I put them in the same bracket as "Over the Sea To Skye", "Scots Wha Hae" and that dreadful dirge "Flower of Scotland". These songs are undeniably rebel songs, (with more than a hint of incitement to violence implied) but you hear them on Scottish TV programmes, Burns Suppers and of course at Scotland Rugby Internationals. Are such people all bigots? I think not.

I didn't mean grass them up, Galway. Peer pressure can go a long way in educating the loutish element who are behaving like the neanderthals from the bigotdome.
know whit ye meant Shamrock and totally agree,remember we used tae sing "we're the best behaved supporters in the land"! we got award's and recognition for our behaviour, home and abroad,let's bring that back HH pal!

Basically as a a support now we’re tarred with the same brush as the rotten mob.I know we’re not nearly as bad but because of the past couple of weeks we’ve been let down my a few people.The coin throwing is terrible and the sad orange b*€$~#¥ chant imo is just cringy.Last season it got sung to Derek McInnes,now I know he played for the old Rangers but it’s a pathetic chant.I have a bit respect for him because he knocked back sevco when most people thought he was a certainty to take it.Again this season Craig Levine got it and I’m definitely not a big fan of him but definitely cringy.If some supporters keep up with this behaviour it’ll not just give the SMSM ammunition it’ll put people off coming.HH

Basically as a a support now we’re tarred with the same brush as the rotten mob.I know we’re not nearly as bad but because of the past couple of weeks we’ve been let down my a few people.The coin throwing is terrible and the sad orange b*€$~#¥ chant imo is just cringy.Last season it got sung to Derek McInnes,now I know he played for the old Rangers but it’s a pathetic chant.I have a bit respect for him because he knocked back sevco when most people thought he was a certainty to take it.Again this season Craig Levine got it and I’m definitely not a big fan of him but definitely cringy.If some supporters keep up with this behaviour it’ll not just give the SMSM ammunition it’ll put people off coming.HH
HH stu, we're better than that,whit happened tae "we're the best behaved supporters in the land"! c'mon bhoys and ghirls,show them what real supporters are all about!!!!!

HH stu, we're better than that,whit happened tae "we're the best behaved supporters in the land"! c'mon bhoys and ghirls,show them what real supporters are all about!!!!!
The behaviour of trips to England and Seville are a distant memory now.That video with the words of a hymn changed to wish death on BR is terrible.The banner at tyncastle was the perfect response to what BR done then we move on but that chant was unacceptable.Do you never sleep Father Jack?HH

The behaviour of trips to England and Seville are a distant memory now.That video with the words of a hymn changed to wish death on BR is terrible.The banner at tyncastle was the perfect response to what BR done then we move on but that chant was unacceptable.Do you never sleep Father Jack?HH
hahaha! disabled pensioner who disnae give a phuq stu,phuq ah might even be a time lord!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sadly the coin throwers and the louts who sing unacceptable abuse at opponents are the type who will not/cannot accept that what they do damages the club and by extension all the perfectly well-behaved supporters .
However in this high tech age we have the devices which can identify them , if that is , the fans around them do not point them out to the stewards/police . ( I can understand the reluctance at times to 'finger' a lout in such circumstances as personal safety can be an issue .)
The lowlife who spat on the priest outside St Mary's during an OO 'parade' was successfully identified , arrested and jailed ! The same can be done for those who persist in blackening the club's name .

If not then drastic measures would be required . It may come to a point that Celtic refuse to take away tickets ( for it is in away fixtures that this problem arises ) and divorce themselves from the actions of any supporter who subsequently causes trouble in another ground .

For it is clear from the recent incidents that the media have been so quick to castigate Celtic and their fans for misbehaviour when for years they have been members of the Omerta Club when the most blatant discrimination was being perpetrated at Ibrokes, until Uefa , NOT the SFA , forced a change .
Look at the hypocritical support by journos of King's statement on sectarianism last week when he has banned one of their own colleagues since 2015 for highlighting sectarianism at Ibrokes .

We cannot allow an equivalence to be drawn between us and them - but if these bampots continue with these mindless acts then we will be pillarried and labelled as just the same as them . We are NOT !

I have lived my whole life in the West of Scotland and endured the low level bigotry , encapsulated by the acceptance by the authorities of a sectarian subculture marching in my streets to tell me that I am in their eyes a second-class citizen ( must be my allergy to orange polyester ! ) and its sporting branch masquerading as a football club , with its 'minority ' endlessly recounting how they are wading through Irish-Catholic blood .
I REFUSE to be classed in the same mould as them . I have NEVER discriminated against anyone because of their religion , colour , choice of school , country of birth , haircut ( well , maybe Trump ! ) .

I WOULD NOT march in the streets to parade my superiority over ANYONE . So I resent that the media ( and I include you , Mr Keevins - who should know better ! ) are happy to lump us together as equally blameworthy .
So if you know anyone who is committing these acts of utter stupidity , urge them to stop or we will all suffer .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back