Cost of the common denominator - from Celtic Underground

Sorry for the late reply Lmcbhoy.

I get that your original post was coming from a good place mate, you wanted to circle the wagons and form a united front and for the most part I'm with you on that but I think we have to find a way of doing it where those voicing valid concerns are allowed that voice instead of being vilified or intimidated into silence and also in a way where we as a support can still hold the board's feet to the fire with regards to them acknowledging and addressing THEIR failures.

Too often Lawell and Co. bank on the support getting back in it's box as they know traditionally we loathe showing any disunity in the ranks for our enemies to pounce upon, they've used something we regard as a strength to exploit and manipulate us into letting them off the hook for their failures and inaction time and time again. There comes a point where we as a support need to stand up and say to them 'No not this time' and personally I think we've reached that point because what's at stake here is too important to allow them to gamble with.

Unity is definitely important mate but so is direction and purpose, being 'on the one road' is only worthwhile if those leading have a sense of direction and purpose for walking it! We're not 'on the road to God knows where' this time, we're on the road to 9 and 10! ;) So it's time for Lawell and the board to get us back on that road instead of trying to take short cuts up blind alleys!

Like I said in my original post, I'm not interested in seeing Lenny sacked or Lawell and the board being ran out of town but they need to get their fucking act together quick style or they'll go down in history as the men who blew the 9 & 10 because of their own hubris!

HH Lmcbhoy (y)
Andy
As I said we want the same destination and truthfully nothing in your post is getting any argument from me.

The part I highlight and I think they have a two week window of opportunity is
" So it's time for Lawell and the board to get us back on that road instead of trying to take short cuts up blind alleys!"
If we stall on producing a credible quality defence then I'm afraid it won't just be a blind alley but a blooming great train crash we will be facing.
Two weeks ......
On a personal note I have enjoyed the debate, maybe I will take greater care in future over writing what my heart is saying.?
Best to you
HH

Andy
As I said we want the same destination and truthfully nothing in your post is getting any argument from me.

" So it's time for Lawell and the board to get us back on that road instead of trying to take short cuts up blind alleys!"
If we stall on producing a credible quality defence then I'm afraid it won't just be a blind alley but a blooming great train crash we will be facing.
Two weeks ......
On a personal note I have enjoyed the debate, maybe I will take greater care in future over writing what my heart is saying.?
Best to you
HH

Its always our defence thats proven to be the weak link how hard can it be ffs ?

Sorry for the late reply Lmcbhoy.

I get that your original post was coming from a good place mate, you wanted to circle the wagons and form a united front and for the most part I'm with you on that but I think we have to find a way of doing it where those voicing valid concerns are allowed that voice instead of being vilified or intimidated into silence and also in a way where we as a support can still hold the board's feet to the fire with regards to them acknowledging and addressing THEIR failures.

Too often Lawell and Co. bank on the support getting back in it's box as they know traditionally we loathe showing any disunity in the ranks for our enemies to pounce upon, they've used something we regard as a strength to exploit and manipulate us into letting them off the hook for their failures and inaction time and time again. There comes a point where we as a support need to stand up and say to them 'No not this time' and personally I think we've reached that point because what's at stake here is too important to allow them to gamble with.

Unity is definitely important mate but so is direction and purpose, being 'on the one road' is only worthwhile if those leading have a sense of direction and purpose for walking it! We're not 'on the road to God knows where' this time, we're on the road to 9 and 10! ;) So it's time for Lawell and the board to get us back on that road instead of trying to take short cuts up blind alleys!

Like I said in my original post, I'm not interested in seeing Lenny sacked or Lawell and the board being ran out of town but they need to get their fucking act together quick style or they'll go down in history as the men who blew the 9 & 10 because of their own hubris!

HH Lmcbhoy (y)

Excellent. I’d give you a million likes for this if i could Andy. Enjoyed reading both your and lmcbhoys posts.

Andy

Two weeks ......
Best to you
HH

Think you're right Lmc, these next 2 weeks will probably determine whether the rumblings from our support subside or turn into a full on eruption! Crazy and sad thing is none of this should be happening, none of it! This is all so unnecessary and avoidable, needless self harm.

Nothing wrong with any of us speaking from the heart mate, it's honest and comes from a good place, it's just sometimes we need to let our brains proof read what it's said before we hit post. ;):LOL::LOL: Believe me I've learned that lesson the hard way. Been great debating with you Lmc. All the best mate.

HH(y)

Last edited:
Think you're right Lmc, these next 2 weeks will probably determine whether the rumblings from our support subside or turn into a full on eruption! Crazy and sad thing is none of this should be happening, none of it! This is all so unnecessary and avoidable, needless self harm.

Nothing wrong with any of us speaking from the heart mate, it's honest and comes from a good place, it's just sometimes we need to let our brains proof read what it's said before we hit post. ;):LOL::LOL: Believe me I've learned that lesson the hard way. Been great debating with you Lmc. All the best mate.

HH(y)

HH(y)
It has been good reading your debates - this is exactly what this forum is about. We all havd the same goals but have different ways of getting there.

I agree too that this is possibly the most important fortnight for our club in many years. I had thought that we had about 10 weeks to do our transfer business but yet again we leave unnecessarily late to do our business so have to squeeze it into the last 2 weeks (or last 2 hours really, let's be honest).

It has been good reading your debates - this is exactly what this forum is about. We all havd the same goals but have different ways of getting there.

I agree too that this is possibly the most important fortnight for our club in many years. I had thought that we had about 10 weeks to do our transfer business but yet again we leave unnecessarily late to do our business so have to squeeze it into the last 2 weeks (or last 2 hours really, let's be honest).

Spot on BB......different voices, different perspectives but the same aims (y)

Initial signs were encouraging, genuinely can't believe we've ended up where we're at just now. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks one way or another mate.

HH BB(y)

Back