Cost of the common denominator - from Celtic Underground

If they do then I hope it isn't too over the top (the media will use it to slaughter us and PL will stubbornly do the opposite cos he is so bloody minded). Just a simple we are watching & waiting slogan will probably be most appropriate. Don't want to piss of the players on the pitch too much or send a negative message to potential signings.

We cannot be timid because the press will use it. Lawell needs to gauge the growing fury that we are sick to the back fucking teeth with his dithering and obvious lack of any real ambition.

He thinks he’s bombproof. Nobody is. The Kelly/Grant cartel did too. Look what happened to them. The reaction and turmoil is in his hands. If he chooses to sell us short it’s his call. Many of us will challenge that call. This is not his fucking plaything, it’s our club and he better realise we will fight for its future free of a risk averse cheaoskate cunt.

The ball is literally in his court.

Then why question people's authenticity as Celtic fans or call on the Green Brigade to send fellow Tims away 'with their tail between their legs' if you don't want anyone left out and want us all to go the distance together?

I agree some of the stuff that's been said about Lenny and the board the last couple of days has been way over the top and perspective is most definitely needed but there are valid criticisms to be made of both Lenny and the board and we can't shy away from that and if we don't face up to them now then when? Kicking our problems into the long grass means we're just saving them up for another day, maybe it's best to address them now at the start of the season instead of leaving them to fester to do more damage at the business end of the season and to be fair it wasn't a wave of negativity that capsized our objective of reaching the CL.

Like I said mate my comment wasn't personal I just think making people feel like they need to shut up and fall into line or otherwise be perceived as negative, that they're somehow kicking their own or worse that they are aiding and abetting the zombies for voicing their concerns wasn't the best way to bring people together and calling on the Green Brigade to show the rest of us what it is to 'show support' like somehow the rest of us need a lesson in this came across as a bit insulting.

No hard feelings Lmcbhoy I just felt you misjudged this one a little.

HH (y)
Andy
You are right to exclude anyone is inappropriate.
So trying to word my views a bit more carefully, I am unhappy with anyone seeking to boycott our team. I want us all to be " on the one road".
I understand and agree fully that our Board , major shareholder and manager could have performed to a higher standard and should be held to account. But, and this is the core, the club is run by the current incumbents, that's not going to change anytime soon. So, in my opinion, if we as a support want to drive our team on division will not help.
My earlier words were perhaps poorly chosen but many on the bloggs are advocating division which I have tried in my simple way to dilute.
I certainly have no hard feelings as you and I clearly want the best for Celtic, perhaps the routes may differ but the destination is not in doubt between us.
All the best
HH

Andy
So trying to word my views a bit more carefully, I am unhappy with anyone seeking to boycott our team. I want us all to be " on the one road".
I understand and agree fully that our Board , major shareholder and manager could have performed to a higher standard and should be held to account. But, and this is the core, the club is run by the current incumbents, that's not going to change anytime soon. So, in my opinion, if we as a support want to drive our team on division will not help.
My earlier words were perhaps poorly chosen but many on the bloggs are advocating division which I have tried in my simple way to dilute.
I certainly have no hard feelings as you and I clearly want the best for Celtic, perhaps the routes may differ but the destination is not in doubt between us.
All the best
HH
That's a very decent response, Lmc, Andy is a smart cookie and I'm sure he will appreciate the points you were making.

I'm sure he'll also appreciate the above response as well.

Andy
All the best
HH

Boycotts are always divisive - but not always the wrong tactic , not that I am advocating one .

Lmcbhoy , I don't know if you were around during the Kelly and White era but even then boycotts were fiercely debated ( although not in forums like this , which didn't exist - but in the pub , over a pint ) and things could get bit 'heated'.
During the Ronnie era , there was a boycott of sorts , without it being called a boycott . remember the upper tiers being closed for Euro games , and many of the domestic games were far from a sell-out . This was partly the reason for the BR appointment ( not just the Sevco 'defeat' in the Cup ).
The way many supporters feel about the 'lack of investment ' for European football could turn out the same way .
Fans are turned off by the seeming indifference of the Board ; they see opportunities to put Sevco far behind us being frittered away ; they see an apparent acceptance of the corrupt SFA/SPFL handing over trophies to a Zombie club ; they are angered by their failure to push the Res 12 issue to the limit ....

The defeat this week in the CL was only the latest in a series of events that have frustrated supporters , and it is only to be expected that some have demanded that someone is tied to a stake , disembowelled , castrated , and then dragged through the stadium at half time before being burned to a cinder in the centre circle .
Sanity will prevail , but the lingering doubt that we are being ill-served by our Board will not dissipate quickly . They ( the Board ) have built up an increasing pile of issues which they clearly have nor addressed to the satisfaction of the support - that has to be dealt with - soon !

HH

Boycotts are always divisive - but not always the wrong tactic , not that I am advocating one .

Lmcbhoy , I don't know if you were around during the Kelly and White era but even then boycotts were fiercely debated ( although not in forums like this , which didn't exist - but in the pub , over a pint ) and things could get bit 'heated'.
During the Ronnie era , there was a boycott of sorts , without it being called a boycott . remember the upper tiers being closed for Euro games , and many of the domestic games were far from a sell-out . This was partly the reason for the BR appointment ( not just the Sevco 'defeat' in the Cup ).
The way many supporters feel about the 'lack of investment ' for European football could turn out the same way .
Fans are turned off by the seeming indifference of the Board ; they see opportunities to put Sevco far behind us being frittered away ; they see an apparent acceptance of the corrupt SFA/SPFL handing over trophies to a Zombie club ; they are angered by their failure to push the Res 12 issue to the limit ....

The defeat this week in the CL was only the latest in a series of events that have frustrated supporters , and it is only to be expected that some have demanded that someone is tied to a stake , disembowelled , castrated , and then dragged through the stadium at half time before being burned to a cinder in the centre circle .
Sanity will prevail , but the lingering doubt that we are being ill-served by our Board will not dissipate quickly . They ( the Board ) have built up an increasing pile of issues which they clearly have nor addressed to the satisfaction of the support - that has to be dealt with - soon !

HH
Yes I was very much around at the end of that era.
I think circumstances though are quite different
Treble treble money in the bank we are in a different place.
I saw the GB pronouncements today, balanced and accurate.
Boycotts just now we shoot ourselves in the foot.
I agree our Board have to stand up and deliver.
HH

Andy
All the best
HH

Sorry for the late reply Lmcbhoy.

I get that your original post was coming from a good place mate, you wanted to circle the wagons and form a united front and for the most part I'm with you on that but I think we have to find a way of doing it where those voicing valid concerns are allowed that voice instead of being vilified or intimidated into silence and also in a way where we as a support can still hold the board's feet to the fire with regards to them acknowledging and addressing THEIR failures.

Too often Lawell and Co. bank on the support getting back in it's box as they know traditionally we loathe showing any disunity in the ranks for our enemies to pounce upon, they've used something we regard as a strength to exploit and manipulate us into letting them off the hook for their failures and inaction time and time again. There comes a point where we as a support need to stand up and say to them 'No not this time' and personally I think we've reached that point because what's at stake here is too important to allow them to gamble with.

Unity is definitely important mate but so is direction and purpose, being 'on the one road' is only worthwhile if those leading have a sense of direction and purpose for walking it! We're not 'on the road to God knows where' this time, we're on the road to 9 and 10! ;) So it's time for Lawell and the board to get us back on that road instead of trying to take short cuts up blind alleys!

Like I said in my original post, I'm not interested in seeing Lenny sacked or Lawell and the board being ran out of town but they need to get their fucking act together quick style or they'll go down in history as the men who blew the 9 & 10 because of their own hubris!

HH Lmcbhoy (y)

Sorry for the late reply Lmcbhoy.

I get that your original post was coming from a good place mate, you wanted to circle the wagons and form a united front and for the most part I'm with you on that but I think we have to find a way of doing it where those voicing valid concerns are allowed that voice instead of being vilified or intimidated into silence and also in a way where we as a support can still hold the board's feet to the fire with regards to them acknowledging and addressing THEIR failures.

Too often Lawell and Co. bank on the support getting back in it's box as they know traditionally we loathe showing any disunity in the ranks for our enemies to pounce upon, they've used something we regard as a strength to exploit and manipulate us into letting them off the hook for their failures and inaction time and time again. There comes a point where we as a support need to stand up and say to them 'No not this time' and personally I think we've reached that point because what's at stake here is too important to allow them to gamble with.

Unity is definitely important mate but so is direction and purpose, being 'on the one road' is only worthwhile if those leading have a sense of direction and purpose for walking it! We're not 'on the road to God knows where' this time, we're on the road to 9 and 10! ;) So it's time for Lawell and the board to get us back on that road instead of trying to take short cuts up blind alleys!

Like I said in my original post, I'm not interested in seeing Lenny sacked or Lawell and the board being ran out of town but they need to get their fucking act together quick style or they'll go down in history as the men who blew the 9 & 10 because of their own hubris!

HH Lmcbhoy (y)
great post, again, Andy(y)HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back