Craig Brown RIP

Get your point but the whole media bent over backwards first in defence of Craig he never did it then the tapes were played
Then it was not what he meant or it wasn’t meant to be bad
But here’s the thing if he’d sung about people of colour or even people of Jewish or Muslim origin the outcry would be huge
But it was only people of Feniany Back o the bus Timmy leanings SO it’s ok
Mm dinny hink so

HH 😞
Mate am not supporting his songs of choice and I don't know the guy either lol I just said in previous post he did well for Scotland and may he rest in peace ....mate the media in Scotland have always been anti Celtic etc especially in the 90s when it was worse so fuck them....

I'm not too sure how much of a bigot Craig Brown was - this seems to be based entirely on the recording of him singing the sash, which was an answerphone message he left "as a joke" (his words) on his Celtic supporting girlfriend's machine while they were having an affair. The fact that she hung onto that tape to release it after they split up says a fair bit about her too.

Everyone who I know that met/worked with him says he was a lovely guy. I did meet him and he came across well. But he might have been an arsehole behind closed doors - he did cheat on his wife after all.

I didn't think he was that great a coach, but we tended to be well organised. But we did qualify for tournaments when there was less places - there were only 8 teams in the Euro finals until 1996.

Personally I got a lot of enjoyment - and heartache - watching us in the 96 & 98 tournaments. Did we get there despite our head coach or thanks to him? I'm not too sure. But I hope he rests in peace.

I'm not too sure how much of a bigot Craig Brown was - this seems to be based entirely on the recording of him singing the sash, which was an answerphone message he left "as a joke" (his words) on his Celtic supporting girlfriend's machine while they were having an affair. The fact that she hung onto that tape to release it after they split up says a fair bit about her too.

Everyone who I know that met/worked with him says he was a lovely guy. I did meet him and he came across well. But he might have been an arsehole behind closed doors - he did cheat on his wife after all.

I didn't think he was that great a coach, but we tended to be well organised. But we did qualify for tournaments when there was less places - there were only 8 teams in the Euro finals until 1996.

Personally I got a lot of enjoyment - and heartache - watching us in the 96 & 98 tournaments. Did we get there despite our head coach or thanks to him? I'm not too sure. But I hope he rests in peace.
Brilliant m8, well said, couldn't agree more
there's the rub, i fucking hate the club, the colours, the stadium, the reek of pish, the marks their kins knuckles leave on your carpet, everything about them, the lies i could go on
but i don't hate people.
So fuck if he's a hun, so fuck if he sung the sash in jest or not, i'm sure many of my childhood pals do it weekly.
Thats just a wormhole..... fuck that

half of the west coast of Scotland sings the sash and the other half sings Sean south ...I'm not going to hate someone especially who's passed away or I've never met for singing the sash one night ...it's not like he's a member of a flute band or he was part of the paratroopers on bloody Sunday .....anyway fuck the sash it's 2023 half of the people in these orange flute bands couldn't point out north of Ireland on a map and they say they are protestant but If you ask them if they believe in God 9/10 would say no ...,🍀
:( you seem a wee bit offie upset but hey crac on

a met his brother a few times ,,,,now he's a right knt

Using Hitler and a manager of your country is a bad example ...why because he allegedly sung the sash?you not got any rangers supporting mates or work colleagues? It's not like he was commander and chief of the Glasgow brigade of the UVF
No, I just never liked him. He had one of those faces , have you never laid eyes on someone and the first though in your head is " I hate this cunt".
Native Americans believed when that happens , it a person who done you wrong in a past life .

He was a proper hun, even played for the original rangers.
I don't think it was just the sash he sang. Did he not leave the message after they had a fight, so hardly a joke.

Back