Directors

Ally

Thought I start a thread about our wonderful 😞 directors. I have noticed that Lawwell (Genius) that he is has less shares than Chris Traynor my and Denis O'Brien, yet both Traynor and O, Brien are not on board. Wonder how that is? Brian Wilson is on the board , what has is input been? Nothing at all. Alison another board member supposedly is the ears of DD in the board room. DD I'm assuming he doesn't run his other companies like Celtic because if he did he wouldn't be a billionaire. A man who has intelligence above his peers can't or won't step into Celtic Park and make changes from top to bottom.He has to change the recruitment and backroom personnel. .The Lawwells Strachans Wilson Alison and Sarah Browne. In fact DD clear everybody out start afresh because seriously los this title and it will be years till we see another one.

Sacking the board can only be done by the shareholders and DD & his cronies have enough shares to pass every vote they want. It is shite but enough of the major shareholders are only in it for their share of the profits, so from their perspective they think our board and chairman are fantastic.

They don't care that by risking a small amount they could potentially get eve more because at the moment they are enjoying a low risk annual income with no real effort on their part.

Sacking the board can only be done by the shareholders and DD & his cronies have enough shares to pass every vote they want. It is shite but enough of the major shareholders are only in it for their share of the profits, so from their perspective they think our board and chairman are fantastic.

They don't care that by risking a small amount they could potentially get eve more because at the moment they are enjoying a low risk annual income with no real effort on their part.
See above sadly the reason why this and future Desmonite boards will stay as others get monies paid even when we fail

HH😔

What about those shareholders who own most shares than Lawwell and co but don't have a say on the board . It's feking amazing that shareholders who have more shares are not on the board. In my view therin lies the problem. Guys making decisions who in all reality should not be

What about those shareholders who own most shares than Lawwell and co but don't have a say on the board . It's feking amazing that shareholders who have more shares are not on the board. In my view therin lies the problem. Guys making decisions who in all reality should not be
The ones who own more than Lawwell are probably mostly interested in making more money for themselves. They may well support Celtic but there is a reason they became so rich in the first place. So they are probably delighted with his performance.

Hi BB I wish those guys with more shares than Lawwell start to speak out. But you make a big point
They’ll only speak out Ally when they don’t make money it’s the world they live in
Not real fans who hate to go to work to face the wind up merchants.
Real fans live and breathe there football clubs
But like most on here real life takes over remember it’s just a game your family and friends they’re more important ( unless Thur deidco fans) GIRFUY’z

HH😉

Thought I start a thread about our wonderful 😞 directors. I have noticed that Lawwell (Genius) that he is has less shares than Chris Traynor my and Denis O'Brien, yet both Traynor and O, Brien are not on board. Wonder how that is? Brian Wilson is on the board , what has is input been? Nothing at all. Alison another board member supposedly is the ears of DD in the board room. DD I'm assuming he doesn't run his other companies like Celtic because if he did he wouldn't be a billionaire. A man who has intelligence above his peers can't or won't step into Celtic Park and make changes from top to bottom.He has to change the recruitment and backroom personnel. .The Lawwells Strachans Wilson Alison and Sarah Browne. In fact DD clear everybody out start afresh because seriously los this title and it will be years till we see another one.
Thing is ally shareholders are only that?shareholders?they only make money if there shares go up or down and they sell??a don’t know how the board members get paid,,maybe someone with that knowledge could fill us in??

Thing is ally shareholders are only that?shareholders?they only make money if there shares go up or down and they sell??a don’t know how the board members get paid,,maybe someone with that knowledge could fill us in??
Esp respect. If I owned a company that was supplying to let's say women's ware. I have a duty in that I keep my customers happy and supply them with the latest fashion. Our football directors have imo a duty to supply us with updated players better than what we have. Ok the business is doing well but would I reinvest in the business or take my bonuses. I now what I would do reinvest then my business keeps going my customers are 😊 and so I am.

Esp respect. If I owned a company that was supplying to let's say women's ware. I have a duty in that I keep my customers happy and supply them with the latest fashion. Our football directors have imo a duty to supply us with updated players better than what we have. Ok the business is doing well but would I reinvest in the business or take my bonuses. I now what I would do reinvest then my business keeps going my customers are 😊 and so I am.
That’s the thing ally fans are under the impression the board of directors which is different to shareholders (although some members will have shares just like a lot of ordinary fans,),,sit and look at what players are coming in and oot??not so,,they come up with a budget amount to be spent on the football team,that then goes to that department ie Nicholson and co,and it goes on ..

That’s the thing ally fans are under the impression the board of directors which is different to shareholders (although some members will have shares just like a lot of ordinary fans,),,sit and look at what players are coming in and oot??not so,,they come up with a budget amount to be spent on the football team,that then goes to that department ie Nicholson and co,and it goes on ..
Given that the best people are not in our boardroom and that they seem to be irreplaceable I wonder if one of the things that would improve the board would be if we had a limit to the number of years that the members were allowed to remain in place. Currently we seem to be in a situation where there is no fresh ideas or impetus for change within the club, the gentleman who writes the Celticfamily site seems to think that we who are not happy with the current board are cultish brats, he doesn't think that we who aren't supporters of the current incumbents are incapable of lucid thought, personally I believe that even though we are the most successful team in Scotland and have been for a couple of decades, this wasn't due to stellar leadership but more as a result of the incompetence of those at Ibrox. I am aware that the club is being run on a prudent, almost conservative manner and as a result of this we are financially sound, my disagreement is with the reluctance to try and use a little bit of investment with the hope of accumulating a little more. I do personally believe that over the years with a little bit more of a risk we could have increased our income by as much as 100 million £/€
I personally also believe that this would not have had a detrimental effect on the club. PL has been well rewarded for his work, but I believe he was left in place for too long and his belief in the "old firm" has been unhealthy for both Celtic Football Club and Scottish football in general. One final point is the 5wa if he has had any knowledge of this whatsoever then he has to be removed from position as he has stated publicly to shareholders he had no knowledge and has never seen it, in either case if he has seen it or not then he has failed in his duty to the shareholders of the club. My apologies for the length of post but Celtic fc is very important to me and I want it to be successful. HH.

The Celtic board don't rely on champions league money. They plan for not winning the league. Lawwell said it himself. What they do rely on is a strong "old firm" brand. The brand that brings them exposure and sponsorship. The "old firm" is a Glasgow partnership that has worked side by side for years. They agreed sponsorship deals together. They worked together in attempts to move to England and more recently we turned a blind eye to their corruption of the Scottish game.
If we win a title and they win a title, that benefits both parties. It keeps cash coming into both clubs and makes us the shared big fish in a little pond. We are well buffered for the seasons we don't win the league as we have sellable assets.
O'Riley, CCV, possibly Hatate and Abada will all likely go this summer. All of a sudden, losing £60 million champions league money doesn't look like an issue to a board and shareholders who don't plan on receiving that sort of cash anyway.
I genuinely believe the end game has always been returning back to the status quo. The only time this plan differed is when DD felt insulted by the celebrations of the scum board when we lost to them in a cup game. He signed BR, but the guys running the club day to day sorted that out by forcing him out with their tactics. Ange was a massive surprise to everyone, that soon got sorted. Now we have BR back in the building and again, it looks like we have a board making sure the plans that were started in 2012, come to their final conclusion.

Back