Directors

a new board will bring in new , fresh ideas. Its why big businesses change board members every 3-5 years.
Maybe new board members will look to hire the best people for roles at the club instead of giving jobs to their kids.
A new board might want to be more ambitious and instead of 8 project players in the summer only 1 or 2 with 2 or 3 experienced players.
You sound as if you would settle for blowing sweet nothings into Peter Lawwell ear
The experienced players you want come with wages that only sky backed clubs can sustain unless you go for players that arent fancied by sky backed clubs and they usually turn out to be no better than the high potential inexperienced mibbees.

I dont like board.

Sack the lot of them.

The problem remains.

You need to add value in a markey where experienced players come with a premium that does not add value if you cant sustain the wages of their experience.

Board have been rotten imo in many many ways.

But next board still face same income promlems to compete for top talent especially when you play in a league thats not very high grade attractive.

Its so simple to understand.

Its friday and I cant even afford a fish supper tonight. So that means it will be toast and beans again.

Do I want Celtic to have better players playing a nice attractive style.

Yes

Can we afford best players in Scotland

Yes

Will they be good enough to compete against sky backed clubs.

very much doubt it

And I dont blame board for that coz next board will have same problems.

I do blame governing bodies and Sky arbitrary payments to certain leagues creating the ever growing problem.

The experienced players you want come with wages that only sky backed clubs can sustain unless you go for players that arent fancied by sky backed clubs and they usually turn out to be no better than the high potential inexperienced mibbees.

I dont like board.

Sack the lot of them.

The problem remains.

You need to add value in a markey where experienced players come with a premium that does not add value if you cant sustain the wages of their experience.

But next board still face same income promlems to compete for top talent especially when you play in a league thats not very high grade attractive.

Its friday and I cant even afford a fish supper tonight. So that means it will be toast and beans again.

Yes

Yes

very much doubt it

I do blame governing bodies and Sky arbitrary payments to certain leagues creating the ever growing problem.
Al buy you a fish supper big man…u in glasgow?

I dont like board.

Sack the lot of them.

The problem remains.

Yes

Yes

very much doubt it

Of course we can afford more on wages. We have over £60m in the bank. That's from making profits every year. Instead we could spend more on wages and make less profit

Of course we can afford more on wages. We have over £60m in the bank. That's from making profits every year. Instead we could spend more on wages and make less profit
I didnt mention anything about not affording better wages.

just not enough income to sustain wages of players who will add real value. the kind you think we can afford.

short term yeah

we needed to sell the players to make that money in bank and the offers were high coz the risks for next club were low due to fact they were on lowish wages for their ability due to being less experienced before we gave them it.

very few experienced players we ever signed got sold for large amount and in end most went for squat. coz they could get much better wages at sky backed club as well as being bored shitless playing in our league despite winning it a lot.

without sales that money wouldnt be in bank

And ramping up the wages for players you deem worthy will be unsustainable.

on top of that you wont get the massive premium back required to get them in, you will probably need to sell at bargain to get them off the books.

Why coz we dont have the income from ordinary activities like sky bung clubs

therefore you need cl money just to remain static

unless you buy projects on low wages who other clubs are willing to pay the mega wages they will require if they cut it.

im no gonna explain it again.

You want new board

so do i

you want new players so do i

will next board be able to supply a team that gives you what you really really want?

i doubt it.

i think any other plan that involves hiking up wages beyond current sustainable levels will quickly lead to needing a confetti machine or a jong kong laundry with tax percs in the caribean.

But im sure you want whats best for celtic football club.

Last edited:
Alright TET hope all is well with you big chap.
im good boab

lot of family are having serious issues with health.

sister fell down stairs last month and although she didnt break anything turns out it gave her deep vein thrombosis and pulminary clots in lungs

So shes no very well but getting better.

found out my cousin had sore knee for couple of weeks, musta turned ceptic cause he was rushed into hospital with multiple organ failures and his family been called in coz he is not only in icu but they think he gonna die.

turn 50 next month, normally fit as fiddle had sore lump in his knee last few weeks and nhs 24 told him its just flu couple days ago.

turnout its septicemia and likely be dead baring miracle.

Al buy you a fish supper big man…u in glasgow?
thanks pal

im good.

I enjoy toast n beans better anyway with the diabetes. was just trying to highlight the likelihood of me ever being in lawels company let alone near his ears for whisper time.

much appreciate offer though. but really im full to brim after my cheap skate dinner. pretty certain it was fit for a king despite costing buttons.

im good boab

lot of family are having serious issues with health.

sister fell down stairs last month and although she didnt break anything turns out it gave her deep vein thrombosis and pulminary clots in lungs

So shes no very well but getting better.

found out my cousin had sore knee for couple of weeks, musta turned ceptic cause he was rushed into hospital with multiple organ failures and his family been called in coz he is not only in icu but they think he gonna die.

turn 50 next month, normally fit as fiddle had sore lump in his knee last few weeks and nhs 24 told him its just flu couple days ago.

turnout its septicemia and likely be dead baring miracle.
That’s horrible mate 💚
My cousin in his fifties just diagnosed with cancer. The royal and the beatson are always fucking busy man ☹️

While I'm no different from the vast majority in terms of my opinion on the winter transfer window, I feel we are forgetting the cause of the shambles we've endured this season is as a direct result our pathetic summer recruitment.

I know, I'm goin' over old ground; thing is, it was so blindingly obvious what was needed.

Nothing lost yet in terms of this title...I'm clinging to hope.

Then again. "As ye sow"....

While I'm no different from the vast majority in terms of my opinion on the winter transfer window, I feel we are forgetting the cause of the shambles we've endured this season is as a direct result our pathetic summer recruitment.

I know, I'm goin' over old ground; thing is, it was so blindingly obvious what was needed.

Nothing lost yet in terms of this title...I'm clinging to hope.

Then again. "As ye sow"....
Oh no Frank. I haven't forgotten about the debacle of the summer window. That was an opportunity for Celtic to really push on. Both domestically and in Europe. But we chose to deliberately not and to gamble massively on yet another crop of young projects.

Everyone connected with Celtic could clearly see it had been a disaster and we needed to make amends in January. There was still a chance for the recruitment team to redeem themselves slightly. But they dithered and slept through another window. It is pathetic.

Back