Directors

Sacking the board can only be done by the shareholders and DD & his cronies have enough shares to pass every vote they want. It is shite but enough of the major shareholders are only in it for their share of the profits, so from their perspective they think our board and chairman are fantastic.

They don't care that by risking a small amount they could potentially get eve more because at the moment they are enjoying a low risk annual income with no real effort on their part.
That might be true but celtic is a business. If the customers stop buy their products things will change fast. As soon as shareholders start losing money, they demand change.
ALL celtic fans need to boycott all club merchandise & stop spending money within thw stadium.
Starve the boardmembers out and let them know the boycotts will continue until they fuck off

Given that the best people are not in our boardroom and that they seem to be irreplaceable I wonder if one of the things that would improve the board would be if we had a limit to the number of years that the members were allowed to remain in place. Currently we seem to be in a situation where there is no fresh ideas or impetus for change within the club, the gentleman who writes the Celticfamily site seems to think that we who are not happy with the current board are cultish brats, he doesn't think that we who aren't supporters of the current incumbents are incapable of lucid thought, personally I believe that even though we are the most successful team in Scotland and have been for a couple of decades, this wasn't due to stellar leadership but more as a result of the incompetence of those at Ibrox. I am aware that the club is being run on a prudent, almost conservative manner and as a result of this we are financially sound, my disagreement is with the reluctance to try and use a little bit of investment with the hope of accumulating a little more. I do personally believe that over the years with a little bit more of a risk we could have increased our income by as much as 100 million £/€
I personally also believe that this would not have had a detrimental effect on the club. PL has been well rewarded for his work, but I believe he was left in place for too long and his belief in the "old firm" has been unhealthy for both Celtic Football Club and Scottish football in general. One final point is the 5wa if he has had any knowledge of this whatsoever then he has to be removed from position as he has stated publicly to shareholders he had no knowledge and has never seen it, in either case if he has seen it or not then he has failed in his duty to the shareholders of the club. My apologies for the length of post but Celtic fc is very important to me and I want it to be successful. HH.
It's not just the boardroom we're we don't have the best people. Look at the state of the coaching teams at parkhead. You can possibly say this club goes out and hires the best people it can afford. If the club did, do you think the coaches in the development squad would have gotten their jobs.
Would Strachan have gotten a move from Peterborough to celtic if it wasn't for his dad. Infact I'd his dad not still getting paid from celtic for some advisory role.
The whole club is just a cash cow for directors and their offspring. If fans aren't happy they need to stop the cash going to their arseholes

Just a reminder of our state of play our model remains the same and there is no plan to change it any time soon.

Chairman quote : "In terms of funding and liquidity, our year end cash, net of bank borrowings, was £72.3m (2022: £30.2m).

The increase this year was principally due to the translation into cash of the strong trading environment. These reserves were used to fund the summer 2023 transfer window and will be used for settling outstanding sums due from transfers over the last two seasons, which are typically paid in instalments.
This sum also contains the cash required to fund the significant investment that the Club is planning to make in developing our Barrowfield training facility. 👍

It is important to highlight that, given the increasing gap between the sums able to be earned between the Champions League and the Europa League, it is vital that we retain a cash buffer in reserve.

History tells us that we will not always qualify for the Champions League 🤔

and the benefit of holding cash reserves affords us the optionality of managing through seasons where we participate in the Europa League with the ability to retain our squad as opposed to selling key players to bridge the income shortfall between both competitions. 🤔

The Financial sustainability rules are also a key feature of UEFA licencing and we need to be cognisant of running our club accordingly.

Our successfully proven strategy has provided stability and footballing success over many years and remains the same.👈

We must balance the signing of players that can be developed and sold when conditions are optimal alongside the need to sign players who are able to make an immediate impact and deliver footballing success. 🤔

The execution of this strategy is increasingly challenging owing to wage and transfer inflation, but this formula has underpinned both our footballing success and financial stability over a number of years now and it is vital that we adhere to it."

The Directors will still be feeling good about themselves and the shareholders are covered regardless of the paying customers needs or wants who are currently watching us give away our domestic dominance with a whimper.

And finally there is a mention for the people that provide the cash cow for the Directors model.

"I wish to extend my thanks to all our Celtic colleagues for their contribution to delivering another Treble AND of course to all our supporters who continue to support the Club year after year in enormous numbers.

Peter T Lawwell, Chairman
September 18, 2023.

Just a reminder of our state of play our model remains the same and there is no plan to change it any time soon.

Chairman quote : "In terms of funding and liquidity, our year end cash, net of bank borrowings, was £72.3m (2022: £30.2m).

The increase this year was principally due to the translation into cash of the strong trading environment. These reserves were used to fund the summer 2023 transfer window and will be used for settling outstanding sums due from transfers over the last two seasons, which are typically paid in instalments.
This sum also contains the cash required to fund the significant investment that the Club is planning to make in developing our Barrowfield training facility. 👍

It is important to highlight that, given the increasing gap between the sums able to be earned between the Champions League and the Europa League, it is vital that we retain a cash buffer in reserve.

and the benefit of holding cash reserves affords us the optionality of managing through seasons where we participate in the Europa League with the ability to retain our squad as opposed to selling key players to bridge the income shortfall between both competitions. 🤔

The Financial sustainability rules are also a key feature of UEFA licencing and we need to be cognisant of running our club accordingly.

Our successfully proven strategy has provided stability and footballing success over many years and remains the same.👈

We must balance the signing of players that can be developed and sold when conditions are optimal alongside the need to sign players who are able to make an immediate impact and deliver footballing success. 🤔

The execution of this strategy is increasingly challenging owing to wage and transfer inflation, but this formula has underpinned both our footballing success and financial stability over a number of years now and it is vital that we adhere to it."

The Directors will still be feeling good about themselves and the shareholders are covered regardless of the paying customers needs or wants who are currently watching us give away our domestic dominance with a whimper.

And finally there is a mention for the people that provide the cash cow for the Directors model.

"I wish to extend my thanks to all our Celtic colleagues for their contribution to delivering another Treble AND of course to all our supporters who continue to support the Club year after year in enormous numbers.

September 18, 2023.
I

September 18, 2023.
No chance of changing the current business plan then. This has been successful for the current board, as witnessed by the increase in remuneration for said members. It will take a major event to get these fat cats to change their ways. I still believe that the lack of turnover of the board is detrimental to the club and the business as well. Stagnation and decline will be the outcome of this parochial attitude. HH

I

No chance of changing the current business plan then. This has been successful for the current board, as witnessed by the increase in remuneration for said members. It will take a major event to get these fat cats to change their ways. I still believe that the lack of turnover of the board is detrimental to the club and the business as well. Stagnation and decline will be the outcome of this parochial attitude. HH
They would have to change it if the fans stopped putting money in.
Quite simple , fan organisation get together and agree yo a boycott. Then send a letter signed by each supporters organisation to the directors telling them exactly what is happening and how they can stop it happening.
It will be interesting to see the half year financial result that are due out this week

With this board and set up we are just going to have to get used to the fact we have no ambition other than to be the most successful team in Scotland and have no desire to make any steps in Europe......soon as we lose our champions league spot we will qualify 2 times if lucky in a 5 year period if we are lucky..... Football is changing and our global brand will be getting weaker each year......don't think we would sell out staduims in America like we did in the past .....even now alot of kids in Glasgow don't follow football....and most counties in Ireland you will see more English football jerseys than Celtic ....been competitive in Europe is important for number of reasons

The only reason Ange got full control was because he was last man standing, woukdd do refuse the job otherwise and the board were that desperate
Ange only got control because his signings where cheap and also the board would have seen pound signs in Asian market.....if Ange wanted to spend 7 million on a player he would have got same treatment as everyone else (Jota proved his worth with loan first that's why club spent big on him)it worked out well but at the start he wasn't even allowed his own background tesm

Ange only got control because his signings where cheap and also the board would have seen pound signs in Asian market.....if Ange wanted to spend 7 million on a player he would have got same treatment as everyone else (Jota proved his worth with loan first that's why club spent big on him)it worked out well but at the start he wasn't even allowed his own background tesm
I’ve been told when ange went for the Asian players it was his own agent that done the deals that’s why there was no arsing around…hassle free..a still think ange fucked off earlier than planned because of the re-emergence of pistol pete??

I’ve been told when ange went for the Asian players it was his own agent that done the deals that’s why there was no arsing around…hassle free..a still think ange fucked off earlier than planned because of the re-emergence of pistol pete??
Yeah that's all probably true mate (the board wouldn't have got too involved because of the price and also the cash they would make in Japan with tours etc)

I want or money and ranger ambition.
Sevco ambition is reckless and incurring confetti funded loses year on end.

Celtic Ambition is stay sustainable and continue to maximise value both on off pitch to fulfil its purpose as well as fund many charitable needs.

Sevco ambition seems identical to Rangers (rip) pretend to have charity events and use it to fund their hubris. Overpay mediocrity and commit suicide with financial skulldiggery while being helped at every turn by the establishment football authority that rewards financial skullduggery at their ambitious masonic little brothers.

id like Celtic to invest money in value added players. That is very difficult under conditions where wages of players better than our best players are exponentially higher than value they add.

Back