Disturbing News if there’s anything in it

I don't know how the board can take a laissez-faire approach to the appointment of Lenny. It's far too quiet and calm for my liking. We've only got weeks to get bodies in and out of the club. For transfers to come in it takes time, preparation and lots of negotiations. Time is not our friend just now...why word you make a statement about offering a job to a candidate? Would that statement not be better served to the fans when the man has taken the job on? It's bananas...what I'll happen is we run out of time and the usual emergency season loans and free transfers will be initiated. We've got to be fast and cut throat to get the 9!

Etims, Still waiting on John Mcginn signing for us. ?

Bloggers following other bloggers ain't facts they will probably come back l8r and tell everyone that they were right if/when Celtic dont spend 20 million in the summer.

O wait to you see their ticker tape parade after our first defeat next season.

With "friends " like that right enough EH.

???

Lawwell knew that Rodgers was leaving and he also had sussed out that he had no eye for a player. So we ended up in a complete mess last summer that resulted in

1. Us missing out on signing John McGinn and one or two others
2. Losing to AEK Athens, a dreadful side.
3. Failing to bite Fulham's hands off when they offered £9m for Boyata ( we could have talked them up too).
4. Losing Moussa Dembele on the last day of the transfer window.

We then had the shock of Rodgers walking away in the middle of the night at the end of February.

Despite all that we still won another treble. Lawwell was waiting for Rodgers to go before committing funds (he had lost faith in him after Compper, Hendry, Musonda etc) and he now has the manager he believes has the best eye for a player that he has worked with.

We all accept that there is deadwood in a squad that is too big and 9 or 10 have already left. A few players might want a transfer - maybe Ntcham who hasn't looked happy since Moussa left - and they will be sold if the right fees are arranged.

That is one side of it, the other is that Neil Lennon will be backed. If he isn't there is nowhere for Lawwell to go but out the door.

The stuff about DD I would doubt very much. Celtic are small fry in his business empire and it's status for him too. Lawwell's running the business well enough for him and there's the chance of making history with the 10IAR.

Assuming we get there then that's probably the time that there will be huge changes at our club.

Lawwell knew that Rodgers was leaving and he also had sussed out that he had no eye for a player. So we ended up in a complete mess last summer that resulted in

1. Us missing out on signing John McGinn and one or two others
2. Losing to AEK Athens, a dreadful side.
3. Failing to bite Fulham's hands off when they offered £9m for Boyata ( we could have talked them up too).
4. Losing Moussa Dembele on the last day of the transfer window.

We then had the shock of Rodgers walking away in the middle of the night at the end of February.

Despite all that we still won another treble. Lawwell was waiting for Rodgers to go before committing funds (he had lost faith in him after Compper, Hendry, Musonda etc) and he now has the manager he believes has the best eye for a player that he has worked with.

We all accept that there is deadwood in a squad that is too big and 9 or 10 have already left. A few players might want a transfer - maybe Ntcham who hasn't looked happy since Moussa left - and they will be sold if the right fees are arranged.

That is one side of it, the other is that Neil Lennon will be backed. If he isn't there is nowhere for Lawwell to go but out the door.

The stuff about DD I would doubt very much. Celtic are small fry in his business empire and it's status for him too. Lawwell's running the business well enough for him and there's the chance of making history with the 10IAR.

Assuming we get there then that's probably the time that there will be huge changes at our club.
Well put.

Doesn't seem to have lost faith in Rodgers if they were offering £8 million for Timothy Castagne in January. I don't think Lawwell knew Rodgers would leave when he did for sure. I assume he could sense there was distance and that it was unlikely he'd stay for the remainder of his contract, but the fact that Lawwell sanctioned a £8 million bid for Castagne, as well as bringing in Bayo (who Brendan wanted), never mind the loan players, suggests Lawwell had no idea BR was going to depart within less than a month of these signings.

Also, the fact we offered £8 million for Castagne in January kind of undermines the gloomy, doomsday, clickbait narrative of 'austerity' at Celtic Park this season. What between January and now suggests that we're not going to spend money? It's utter piffle. Lawwell has stated repeatedly that while he doesn't think the squad needs to be rebuilt, he thinks it needs to be strengthened. I know it's hugely unpopular to do so, but I agree with him on this point. If nothing else, I'd say our squad needed trimmed of waste and strengthened in key areas. Not a complete rebuilding. Our core isn't going to change much, I assume.

Quite funny that James 'The Blogger' Forrest has written an entire blogpost on what one of Phil Mac Giolla Bhain's imaginary 'friends' think. Apparently Phil Mac Giolla Bhain's made up friend thinks, based on his educated mystic occult premonition/opinion, that Dermot Desmond is going to sell all his shares in Celtic.

For anyone who doesn't already know, you must understand that 99% of this clickbait, doomsday nonsense is something that bloggers pull out of the bag when there's nothing else to write about. They need to keep the click numbers up during a time when no fitba is being played. So they come out with all kinds of pish. Don't get me wrong, they often do it during the season, but pre-season is when this dross makes up the majority of content. One of the things about 'alternative media' is that not only does it eventually come to resemble the 'mainstream media' in terms of its style and form, but it eventually becomes something much, much worse than it.

What do you all think?....is something in the wind?

http://etims.net/?p=14307

I think/know that whoever wrote this has as much access to the decision makers as my cat.

What he/she is doing, is taking the statement from Lawell about there not being a big job, reconstruction wise, to undertake. I have to be honest and say I didn’t like hearing that. I think it was a mistake, especially, a day after watching the team struggle to get into the car, let alone first gear.

It’s all about perspective. If he had said we will bring in the four or five players to fill the identified areas that need improving.

We are quite rightly concerned about how we do two things.

1. Get the players in to allow us to qualify for the CL. Secure the £60m+ and destroy any hope Sevco of closing the gap.

2. Win 9 in a row, or dare I mention it, a Quadruple Treble and qualify again for the CL.

Both of these things can be achieved in the space of a calendar year from August to August.

However, if we don’t take the threat to our supremacy and they manage to win the league and after they qualify for the CL, we are totally fucked and it will be a case of criminal negligence.

I have absolutely no confidence in the board, but even I believe we will invest.

My view is only a hunch and hope. The support are sick of us going backward through not bringing in quality. The board and PL and DD in particular need to know that. I hope they are listening to King and getting fucked off with him and keen to part his fantasist balls.

I would pray they do, if praying wasn’t a complete waste of breath, so, I will hope.

I know they say “it’s the hope that kills you.” In relation to how our board respond to threats, that must have been written by a Celtic fan.

Get it done.

Celtic not splashing the cash wouldn't be disturbing to the fans, we're already used to it.
We did fork out £9m for Eddy but I can't see that happen again for quite some time.

Under Ronnie

Operation costs were approx 40 Million
Currently they are closer to 80 Million if champions league is reached.

Thats 40 million per season more under Rodgers than Diala.

These figures take into cosideration the mythical 60 million that champions league gives.

ordinary income in a treble season is 50 million
If club can add to that champions league it can reach 105 million income

But in doing so it incurs 80 million costs. Now whether these bonuses for getting champions league don't exist if we don't get champions league, which would mean if you get champions league instantly with current staff your 50 million extra gets 25million wiped out by bonuses for current staff.

That is splashing the cash big time.

It also knocks the mythical 60 million reported by Usual suspects in MSM as telling the truth but not the whole truth.

Makes it look like if you spend 60 million you will cover it by getting champions league.

No

If we get champions league without spending penny 25 million instantly is gone on bonuses to staff and other operation costs.

I suspect the lawell contract takes this into account where club only pay bonuses that are above ordinary expected income when the extra ordinary income is achieved.

Quite funny that James 'The Blogger' Forrest has written an entire blogpost on what one of Phil Mac Giolla Bhain's imaginary 'friends' think. Apparently Phil Mac Giolla Bhain's made up friend thinks, based on his educated mystic occult premonition/opinion, that Dermot Desmond is going to sell all his shares in Celtic.

For anyone who doesn't already know, you must understand that 99% of this clickbait, doomsday nonsense is something that bloggers pull out of the bag when there's nothing else to write about. They need to keep the click numbers up during a time when no fitba is being played. So they come out with all kinds of pish. Don't get me wrong, they often do it during the season, but pre-season is when this dross makes up the majority of content. One of the things about 'alternative media' is that not only does it eventually come to resemble the 'mainstream media' in terms of its style and form, but it eventually becomes something much, much worse than it.

An interesting observation. I sometimes share your frustration on this regarding clickbait content, which is increasingly taking hold across various Celtic sites, not necessarily the ones you mention right enough. I think that there is a vacuum at Celtic at the moment after Saturday's announcement and Lenny sitting down confirming he's now the manager and outlining his hopes and dreams etc.

There's the story that Emilio was offered a contract extension but refused it. He certainly has left but was this offered? It probably was but Paul the Tim, who knows the player, was saying that he had it from the horse's mouth that it was a made up story (by local media back home in Honduras). You can't blame the sites or the papers here for picking up on that but it might not be correct. But the 'fact' that we did offer Izzy the deal (unproven) adds to the down-sizing stuff.

On The Celtic Star today we have been mostly writing about Jimmy Delaney, a Celtic legend whose life is being celebrated tomorrow by Celtic Graves, with all welcome. Here's one of the articles covering 1937 - they are all brilliantly written and well worth a read (but will achieve only small audiences, the click bait stuff will all do much better).

https://thecelticstar.com/in-1937-c...ng-was-as-good-as-one-would-get-david-potter/

An interesting observation. I sometimes share your frustration on this regarding clickbait content, which is increasingly taking hold across various Celtic sites, not necessarily the ones you mention right enough. I think that there is a vacuum at Celtic at the moment after Saturday's announcement and Lenny sitting down confirming he's now the manager and outlining his hopes and dreams etc.

There's the story that Emilio was offered a contract extension but refused it. He certainly has left but was this offered? It probably was but Paul the Tim, who knows the player, was saying that he had it from the horse's mouth that it was a made up story (by local media back home in Honduras). You can't blame the sites or the papers here for picking up on that but it might not be correct. But the 'fact' that we did offer Izzy the deal (unproven) adds to the down-sizing stuff.

On The Celtic Star today we have been mostly writing about Jimmy Delaney, a Celtic legend whose life is being celebrated tomorrow by Celtic Graves, with all welcome. Here's one of the articles covering 1937 - they are all brilliantly written and well worth a read (but will achieve only small audiences, the click bait stuff will all do much better).

https://thecelticstar.com/in-1937-c...ng-was-as-good-as-one-would-get-david-potter/

Yes, of course not all Celtic fan sites. I regularly praise The Celtic Star for its lack of will to get involved in this weird inter-blog warfare and its resistance to hysteria. I've written a couple of articles myself for it. It's the best out there. It's more than just the uncontrolled ego of an individual. The Izzy story for me sounded typically Celtic - I didn't even pick up on it being untrue.

The constant fear being pushed by MSM and the. neurotic small picture with no understanding of value added is being fed by the anyone but Celtic machine.

Rodgers was not adding value. His player purchases while occasionally adding value on the pitch made no value added off it. Every season he was heamouraging money by stock piling expensive wages without adding the value on the pitch corresponding to the wage hikes he was authorising, coupled with poor player purchases for the price paid.

It is my believe that is why Board stopped backing him when the operation expenses had breached his budget levels.

He wasn't selling the players who add no value on pitch but carry wages, sometimes large wages.

The one sided argument of get better quality in, must be qualified by getting better quality in at prices that don't seriously destroy wealth.

Which is what Rodgers was doing

Throwing money down drain

the bottle neck in operation expenses is a problem for getting better players in

1 it wastes money every season with no return
2 prevents adding better players to squad till these high earners who aren't playing often enough are sold
3 it limits the wages you can offer new players.

Its so simple yet the general B/S is still floating around

If you exceed your operational income with operational expenses you will lose money every season till you correct this problem.

So bringing in 60 million worth players to get 60 million is myth.

Also the price paid for a player very seldom is related to the wage he gets. and its the recurring wage that makes or breaks a club.

Eddy cost 9 million - but what's his recurring wage? does it add value to club?

You may get player for free but his wage is 7 million every season wages.

The comparison with MON

He was way above operational wages with his players

And club would have gone burts had it pursued the loony policy of RFC where they kept operational expenses too high every season till they died.

So Celtic had to get operational expenses lowered below income so that it stayed alive.

It was not a case of get better players every season and income gets higher.

No
income reaches certain point and if you spend more than that on wages you need a sheik or a subsidisation network to pay those bills

RFC chose to pay extra wages through Fee EBT scheme

Big clubs in Big league get money from cable to help pay wages

Big clubs also sometimes get Ruch benefactors throwing money into the wage bills.

But its the wage bills that kill your club if you cant pay them.

Celtic have money to buy player but currently very little wage room

They need to keep good players and add value on off the pitch.

Thats the hard bit

You need a manger who can spot value

Rodgers could not

He may adde value with his management but his added value from every other area was shit.

He was also a glib and shameless liar.

The constant fear being pushed by MSM and the. neurotic small picture with no understanding of value added is being fed by the anyone but Celtic machine.

Rodgers was not adding value. His player purchases while occasionally adding value on the pitch made no value added off it. Every season he was heamouraging money by stock piling expensive wages without adding the value on the pitch corresponding to the wage hikes he was authorising, coupled with poor player purchases for the price paid.

It is my believe that is why Board stopped backing him when the operation expenses had breached his budget levels.

He wasn't selling the players who add no value on pitch but carry wages, sometimes large wages.

The one sided argument of get better quality in, must be qualified by getting better quality in at prices that don't seriously destroy wealth.

Which is what Rodgers was doing

Throwing money down drain

the bottle neck in operation expenses is a problem for getting better players in

1 it wastes money every season with no return
2 prevents adding better players to squad till these high earners who aren't playing often enough are sold
3 it limits the wages you can offer new players.

Its so simple yet the general B/S is still floating around

If you exceed your operational income with operational expenses you will lose money every season till you correct this problem.

So bringing in 60 million worth players to get 60 million is myth.

Also the price paid for a player very seldom is related to the wage he gets. and its the recurring wage that makes or breaks a club.

Eddy cost 9 million - but what's his recurring wage? does it add value to club?

You may get player for free but his wage is 7 million every season wages.

The comparison with MON

He was way above operational wages with his players

And club would have gone burts had it pursued the loony policy of RFC where they kept operational expenses too high every season till they died.

So Celtic had to get operational expenses lowered below income so that it stayed alive.

It was not a case of get better players every season and income gets higher.

No
income reaches certain point and if you spend more than that on wages you need a sheik or a subsidisation network to pay those bills

RFC chose to pay extra wages through Fee EBT scheme

Big clubs in Big league get money from cable to help pay wages

Big clubs also sometimes get Ruch benefactors throwing money into the wage bills.

But its the wage bills that kill your club if you cant pay them.

Celtic have money to buy player but currently very little wage room

They need to keep good players and add value on off the pitch.

Thats the hard bit

You need a manger who can spot value

Rodgers could not

He may adde value with his management but his added value from every other area was shit.

He was also a glib and shameless liar.
In conclusion

I see no evidence club don't back the manager

They give manager budgets when he joins he needs to achieve his targets within those budgets or reject contract.

Club will back manager when they convince them they will add value by bringing player in.

Thats same with any investment in any business

If it adds value to business both off on pitch its a no brainer

But bottle neck in operation expenses limit the value added on pitch.

Buying over inflated wage players may temporarily add value on pitch but it will kill club if you cant correct it long term.

Speculation, rumour and conjecture are as much a part of the Scottish football scene, as bent referees, ridiculous governance, a highly prejudicial media and Celtic winning trophy after trophy after trophy (ad infinitum)

You know that Summer has truly arrived when the 'word on the street" goes from the sublime to the ridiculous to Hans Christian Andersen within the very same article.

I work with a lad who claims that Jesus talks to him via his washing machine. Mayhaps he does have a direct line to Christ, but if any of the prophecies he relates are true, then put your money on Elvis being the next President of the USA and Lassie winning the next Grand National.

My own suggestion is that he should perhaps write his own Celtic Blog, he would make as much sense as some of the guff that's being emitted.

No wonder global warming is such an issue nowadays, the amount of hot gas coming from some of these blogs are burning a hole in the ozone layer.

I'm sure the CFC on some of these platforms is in relation to chloro-flouro carbons and not Celtic Football Club

Back