Dom mckay and the new engagment with fan media

A lot of interest down here, certainly bro. But unfortunately, not a lot of dosh!
Orite pal I was more meaning the fanbase I'm sure we will see alot more income from ur side of the world just generally we had no idea how popular the gaffer is supporter clubs shud grow any new Tim's are a welcome tim HH

Aye, and don't forget gettin a lift over the gate on yir auld man's shoulders, with the background chant of " hats, scarves 'n macaroon bars!"
I could never get my head round how we were allowed to do that the first I experienced getting passed over the turnstiles I felt a bit embarrassed the steward was right there 🤣🤣

I dont know what the general feeling is on here I just got allowed to post yestarday so I've not went through the site so if I'm repeating anything I apologise for wasting you good Tim's time this fine Saturday....However!
I watched the 67 hail hail video on youtube with our gaffer and the new CEO, and I was very happy not with the clarity of answers at times but I believe some of those answers just cant be given just now but the engagement with our nucleus of the celtic family no longer do we need to buy a daily record to get our ceo or gaffers views and for me this is a sign I hope of the "modernisation" that McKay kept talking about our fan base had almost been held in contempt in recent years and for our new charges to put us front and centre would be highly beneficial for us as fans and the club as a whole....what do you all think of this new direction
It's a much and long overdue welcome development Craigc. I'm glad finally the penny has dropped that fan media platforms have huge followings and the SMS is under a 100k copies per day. Whilst I'm happy and it's good to see everyone with a buzz about them. Will this continue if things go pear shaped ( I'm sure they wont but the questions an important one) will happy Dom still want to come and face the supporters media if Celtic were to not get the result we expected? I hope he does and will be seen as a bigger man for it as well. The cats out of the bag now, theres no turning back and if there is it's not going to go down well.

English once again trying to justify his job at the BBC.

HH.
He realises fine well that his and many others positions at the beeb are under serious threat. He will be back to blogging and freelancing like a lot of others sooner than he thinks. Plus he a total knobend

It's a much and long overdue welcome development Craigc. I'm glad finally the penny has dropped that fan media platforms have huge followings and the SMS is under a 100k copies per day. Whilst I'm happy and it's good to see everyone with a buzz about them. Will this continue if things go pear shaped ( I'm sure they wont but the questions an important one) will happy Dom still want to come and face the supporters media if Celtic were to not get the result we expected? I hope he does and will be seen as a bigger man for it as well. The cats out of the bag now, theres no turning back and if there is it's not going to go down well.
Winter, I mentioned in another post (can't remember which thread) that I had a wee theory that Dom mentioning PL still being involved in some way was a stroke of genius.

Whichever way the beginning of the season unfolds, both Dom and Ange are going to get the benefit of the doubt. If we start like a train, then all is good and they benefit. If we start like a train wreck - then both just thumb and a wink over in PL's general direction and they have a ready made pinata.

Hopefully - we start like a train and it's all just semantics, just as long as it's no the slippy choo-choo express we're travelling on.

He realises fine well that his and many others positions at the beeb are under serious threat. He will be back to blogging and freelancing like a lot of others sooner than he thinks. Plus he a total knobend
It's the hypocrisy that scunners me, Winter

During the Indyref debacle - BBC Scotland felt they were being marginalised as they felt the national offices of the BBC were having the editorial rights over their news output and the guests that were being invited on to spout whatever the shite of the day was.

Then you have to compare that stance against what they do with their sports programming and their central casting fiasco at clowns'r'us?

It's not wise to piss and whine about substandard and unknowledgeable guests on your news programming, if your more than happy to pay substandard and unknowledgeable guests to feature on your sports programming.

No wonder I don't pay the licence fee

During the Indyref debacle - BBC Scotland felt they were being marginalised as they felt the national offices of the BBC were having the editorial rights over their news output and the guests that were being invited on to spout whatever the shite of the day was.

Then you have to compare that stance against what they do with their sports programming and their central casting fiasco at clowns'r'us?

It's not wise to piss and whine about substandard and unknowledgeable guests on your news programming, if your more than happy to pay substandard and unknowledgeable guests to feature on your sports programming.

he's an opinion for hire. Happy to change whenever it suits. I don't mind anyone changing opinion when they've considered further evidence but not just to suit a platform, panel or programme. Complete sell out.

he's an opinion for hire. Happy to change whenever it suits. I don't mind anyone changing opinion when they've considered further evidence but not just to suit a platform, panel or programme. Complete sell out.
Complete sell out is the proper term Nial he will chop and change his opinions ( if they even are his) in accordance with which opinion will bring him the most money

Yep, so much for 'journalistic integrity'?

I loathe FOX News, but at least they had a modicum of self awareness to declare in court that Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson were just opinion whores who were only there to 'entertain' (and help spur racial unrest and insurgenc........ach well - no harm, no foul then)

The BBC are still trying to promote the illusion that they are somehow 'fair and balanced'

Right they are then!

Complete sell out is the proper term Nial he will chop and change his opinions ( if they even are his) in accordance with which opinion will bring him the most money
Also Nial great piece on the noises editor taking flak from the MSM and even some of our own for simply stating the truth and nothing but the truth. I for one was glad that was the first thing Ange heard. I'm sure that he is aware of it anyway but we have to be sure he really gets this point. At this time we dont know that for sure. If he didnt he will now. The statement was well warranted even if questions not statements were the order of the day. Folk saying it was pathetic are the same folk who are moaning and whining about the lack of backbone and " calling out" of this wholly biased media. We as supporters would be remiss not to inform him of these parasites who should be nowhere near paradise imo. What do they bring to Celtic negativity aside? Nothing! The SMSM have their way and Ange will have a meltdown and smack someone, but engaged with the supporters every month would do me and he will have a previously untapped resource that previous Celtic managers have not. It cannot be a one off or a once in a while event , fan media must be brought into the fold fully at some point and I look forward to seeing the likes of Tom 🤬 English mixing with fan media like you're excellent piece indicated. He will be bricking it just at the thought of it. His and his employers days are numbered and he/they know it full well. I wouldnt be surprised to see a complete u-turn by them and becoming Celtic's " friends " as well because without us they really are just another mouthpiece for Lazarus f.c

Sorry mate took a wee day away,
As for the question of will this be the case if it does go per shaped that depends on too many variables I personally believe alot of the unrest is driven inside overhyped statements like this is our pedro moment Will no doubt have certian people sitting waiting for things to go wrong to ride the number wave that comes with a energised support to say I was right follow me I'm the messiah 🤔😁 but we have hopefully had our shouting and the sky moment and it's back to business keep the faith in the club not the imposters with no face HH

Indyref ?
Enlighten me ?

Sorry mate took a wee day away,
As for the question of will this be the case if it does go per shaped that depends on too many variables I personally believe alot of the unrest is driven inside overhyped statements like this is our pedro moment Will no doubt have certian people sitting waiting for things to go wrong to ride the number wave that comes with a energised support to say I was right follow me I'm the messiah 🤔😁 but we have hopefully had our shouting and the sky moment and it's back to business keep the faith in the club not the imposters with no face HH
Hi Craigc and a belated welcome to The Noise from me. I've very much enjoyed your input. Keep it up. I'm pretty much with you when it comes to the doomsayers. No doubt there are those who would take great delight if Ange doesn't quite live up to our hopes for the club and himself, and indeed all, if not MOST, of us. I have to say though, I'm a wee bit wary of getting carried away on a tsunami of expectation. As you say, there are many variables which could impact the outcome of the journey we are about to embark on. We're rolling the dice to some extent. We're taking a gamble.

The task ahead is fairly daunting for sure. Do I think it can be done ? Yes I do. If all or most of those "variables" we speak of fall in our favour we are in with a shout. But it's that small but very significant word "if" that worries me.

For myself Craigc, I'm more than willing to give our new gaffer a fair shot at the job in terms of the time I believe it will take to put us back where we belong. I'm not so sure that applies to a significant number of my fellow supporters. We're a fickle bunch at times. Rather than basking in the afterglow of nine titles on the trot coupled with a -never-to-be-done-again quadruple treble, we're allowing ourselves to get caught up in some kind of finger pointing blame game.

This very special club of ours has just experienced something which has never been done, and will never be done again. Yes, we've done "the nine" twice, but accompanied with the four trebles ?.

Speaking only for myself, I'm over the fact that we missed out on the ten, but I'm really looking forward to the next chapter in our history. I very much hope Ange is the man to take us forward, I already like the bloke, I really do, but he's absolutely going to need us on his side all the way. He's going to need us to be patient when things maybe take a dip or turn for the worse.HH

Also Nial great piece on the noises editor taking flak from the MSM and even some of our own for simply stating the truth and nothing but the truth. I for one was glad that was the first thing Ange heard. I'm sure that he is aware of it anyway but we have to be sure he really gets this point. At this time we dont know that for sure. If he didnt he will now. The statement was well warranted even if questions not statements were the order of the day. Folk saying it was pathetic are the same folk who are moaning and whining about the lack of backbone and " calling out" of this wholly biased media. We as supporters would be remiss not to inform him of these parasites who should be nowhere near paradise imo. What do they bring to Celtic negativity aside? Nothing! The SMSM have their way and Ange will have a meltdown and smack someone, but engaged with the supporters every month would do me and he will have a previously untapped resource that previous Celtic managers have not. It cannot be a one off or a once in a while event , fan media must be brought into the fold fully at some point and I look forward to seeing the likes of Tom 🤬 English mixing with fan media like you're excellent piece indicated. He will be bricking it just at the thought of it. His and his employers days are numbered and he/they know it full well. I wouldnt be surprised to see a complete u-turn by them and becoming Celtic's " friends " as well because without us they really are just another mouthpiece for Lazarus f.c

An interesting post as always ma man.....what I would like to add is if Celtic fan media want a seat at the table.....then they need to have a responsibility to their readers (us) that they don’t indulge in click bait journalism like some Celtic sites currently do.....integrity demands we get the truth on all things Celtic.....and not facetious innuendo and gossip and negative headlines that is slanted in such a way as to attract the rabids interest as much as the faithful.....just my take on things...

Cheers Winter. Was proud of WC for standing up like that and saying it and I told him that, but probably more so of the response it illicited from Ange and the look in his eyes when he delivered it. I think we've turned the other cheek too often. I think we'll defend ourselves more as a club going forward and not just at manager level.

Cheers Winter. Was proud of WC for standing up like that and saying it and I told him that, but probably more so of the response it illicited from Ange and the look in his eyes when he delivered it. I think we've turned the other cheek too often. I think we'll defend ourselves more as a club going forward and not just at manager level.
Let's not ever forget that our Editor-in-Chief is an excellent wordsmith in his own right and has EARNED the opportunity to stand amidst the hacks and pose pertinent and relevant questions.

We have few friends in the media and any question, rhetorical or otherwise, that highlights their partiality and prejudice is a good question every day of the week.

I fully expect The Noise and The Star to explode this season and I sincerely believe that the membership will increase threefold on both platforms.

Even at this early stage, we've seen the Antipodean footprint expand and I expect another couple of thousand to follow suit.

That makes a significant chunk of folk being represented by David, so he's well worth his questions and his right to report the response.

Last edited:
Back