Doncaster and his "fantastic " TV deals Viaplay going under.

Nothing against people using firesticks as sky and viaplay etc are expensive (but at the same time tho it's hard to moan about the TV deal we get when the fans don't pay money towards the deal with using they sticks or dodgy boxes)I thought viaplay was actually decent and I don't blame them for leaving Scottish football as for every subscriber they have 5 people getting it on a dodgy box or fire stick ......

Nothing against people using firesticks as sky and viaplay etc are expensive (but at the same time tho it's hard to moan about the TV deal we get when the fans don't pay money towards the deal with using they sticks or dodgy boxes)I thought viaplay was actually decent and I don't blame them for leaving Scottish football as for every subscriber they have 5 people getting it on a dodgy box or fire stick ......
I would HAPPY pay the subscription fee, to who ever, broadcasts the football, but the cunts rip the hole oot ye, would need to be paying 4-5 different subscriptions to different companies to watch all the football, before you knew it I’d be £70-100 a month, who cam afforded that shit during a cost of living crisis, people are finding it hard enough to put food on the table, keep a roof over their heads, heat and light their homes, etc,
The SFA etc, wants to think aboot the wee man, the end user in aw this, but by breaking up the tournaments, into different tv packages and selling them to different companies, to maximise income, I don’t think the SFA CEO deserves £300k a year, or the rest of the arsehole wi the blazers oan, that’s more the the prime minister gets for running this country FFS 😡
Its aw blatant profiteering and it aw goes to fund the EPL😡

Cmon the boaxers (wi a VPN) ❤️👍

I'm pretty certain there is a whole lot more use of dodgy streaming down in the English League and that has had no bearing whatsoever on the TV deal there and the unbalanced riches they receive.

The greedy TV companies who break up all the competitions to create multiple ridiculous costly subscriptions are to blame for pushing the audiences to seek an affordable alternative.

The only dodgy people are the TV mogules themselves who give not two fcuks about the cost of living and continue to fleece the working class .
The TV deals we have negotiated over the years and prior to streaming have always been crap as Scottish football has been treated with disdain and a backwater by Sky and the rest so imo the can shove it.

I'm pretty certain there is a whole lot more use of dodgy streaming down in the English League and that has had no bearing whatsoever on the TV deal there and the unbalanced riches they receive.

The greedy TV companies who break up all the competitions to create multiple ridiculous costly subscriptions are to blame for pushing the audiences to seek an affordable alternative.

The only dodgy people are the TV mogules themselves who give not two fcuks about the cost of living and continue to fleece the working class .
The TV deals we have negotiated over the years and prior to streaming have always been crap as Scottish football has been treated with disdain and a backwater by Sky and the rest so imo the can shove it.
Bang on man. The old boy has got a firestick now for 60 sheets and he's worked out it'll save him (and me, by proxy 🙂) 145 quid a month! Robbing bastards indeed.

I would HAPPY pay the subscription fee, to who ever, broadcasts the football, but the cunts rip the hole oot ye, would need to be paying 4-5 different subscriptions to different companies to watch all the football, before you knew it I’d be £70-100 a month, who cam afforded that shit during a cost of living crisis, people are finding it hard enough to put food on the table, keep a roof over their heads, heat and light their homes, etc,
The SFA etc, wants to think aboot the wee man, the end user in aw this, but by breaking up the tournaments, into different tv packages and selling them to different companies, to maximise income, I don’t think the SFA CEO deserves £300k a year, or the rest of the arsehole wi the blazers oan, that’s more the the prime minister gets for running this country FFS 😡
Its aw blatant profiteering and it aw goes to fund the EPL😡

Cmon the boaxers (wi a VPN) ❤️👍
This is it 100% , supporters aren't stupid , know when we're getting fleeced.

Viaplays coverage was allright but had I bought a sub to them, sky, bt and the rest where would I stand how much would that cost?

They don't give a toss about the ordinary punter, it's not only Celtic supporters who refuse to pay the silly money it's Scotland's football supporters at large

Sorry buddy have to disagree, how much money are we meant to put into the game looking at what we put in already?

They got one of the cheapest deals going, are we to believe that it's in Scotland fans use the sticks and boaxes but not Scandinavia or elsewhere?

They knew exactly what they were getting, nothings changed, only that they have over reached their audience and retreated back to Scandinavian football.
They've also only payed half so far so they owe the massive sum of £2.5 million.

It's not Scotland or our league cup that has viaplay posting losses like that , that's their own mismanagement , I've as much sympathy for them as I did Premier or setanta or any of the rest HH

Last edited:

👏👏👏 well said 🙌

Sorry buddy have to disagree, how much money are we meant to put into the game looking at what we put in already?

They got one of the cheapest deals going, are we to believe that it's in Scotland fans use the sticks and boaxes but not Scandinavia or elsewhere?

They knew exactly what they were getting, nothings changed, only that they have over reached their audience and retreated back to Scandinavian football.
They've also only payed half so far so they owe the massive sum of £2.5 million.

It's not Scotland or our league cup that has viaplay posting losses like that , that's their own mismanagement , I've as much sympathy for them as I did Premier or setanta or any of the rest HH
The thing with England league is they have millions and millions watching it world wide (they have had big losses to with these boxes etc too but they still make millions) I'm not against people using boxes or sticks but the people that do can't really moan about our TV deal (as using they sticks etc doesn't help)....it's like people moaning about train fares but they use a bus......our TV deal is shit but it will only get better if more people buy it sadly (not every can afford it tho and I understand that)

The thing with England league is they have millions and millions watching it world wide (they have had big losses to with these boxes etc too but they still make millions) I'm not against people using boxes or sticks but the people that do can't really moan about our TV deal (as using they sticks etc doesn't help)....it's like people moaning about train fares but they use a bus......our TV deal is shit but it will only get better if more people buy it sadly (not every can afford it tho and I understand that)
But like so many other football fans up here I paid huge sums of money every month to Sky, BT, etc, for years and they still treated Scottish football like shite the whole time. The deals are appalling and the coverage is terrible. Sometimes Sky had Kris Boyd & the other clowns slavering pish for just 15 or 30 minutes beforehand and then the same again after the match. They even started to cut away after Glasgow derby matches after the game finished to show the likes of Gillingham, etc, without doing any analysis of the game.

All they care about is the English teams - us Jocks are treated like 3rd class citizens. They have no intention of giving Scottish football a better deal or service - even though there was a much higher %proportion of Scottish subscribers than from Eng-ger-lund.

They are condescending pricks so feck them. They got enough of my hard earned cash for over 20 years and I am now a grand better off each year by treating them with the same contempt as they have treated me!

Last edited:
The English league and their deals is what's wrong with the game tommybhoy, if everyone here paid the exorbitant fees required to follow whichever sides they follow they'd be ripping themselves off on top of the rip off we're subjected to.

Even if they did sub to all platforms what makes you think that the Scottish game would recieve more?
We didn't before this tech was available, can't see more subs in Scotland helping viaplay recoup the losses they've made.
I'm positive it would make no difference at all.

I Understand you're not against people using sticks /boaxes, however you must see that's not why viaplay is posting £60 million plus losses.

If it was they'd have said so, they'd also expose themselves as paying under the odds but either way , Scotland with a 5 million population and lucky if half of the central belt is watching games most weeks is not the reason why we get rubbish deals.

That lies squarely at the door of the likes of Doncaster and Co who are incapable of selling the rights at the proper value, 150 countries watching Scottish football says it all yet he's paid as much as the league cup deal practically.

How can those two facts square one another and make 1+1 =2?

It doesn't because we're ripped off here and have likely the smallest amount of folk using boaxes compared to other countries.

The Scottish football support paying full dollar would make little difference if any at all to viaplay or sky.

But like so many other football fans up here I paid hige sums of money every month to Sky, BT, etc, for years and they still treated Scottish football like shite the whole time. The deals are appalling and the coverage is terrible. Sometimes Sky had Kris Boyd & the other clowns slavering pish for just 15 or 30 minutes beforehand and then the same again after the match. They even started to cut away after Glasgow derby matches after the game finished to show the likes of Gillingham, etc, without doing any analysis of the game.

All they care about isthe English teams - us Jocks are treated like 3rd class citizens. They have no intention of giving Scottish football a better deal or service - even though there was a much higher %proportion of Scottish subscribers than from Eng-ger-lund.

They are condescending pricks so feck them. They got enough of my hard earned cash for over 20 years and I am now a grand better off each year by treating them with the same contempt as they have treated me!
I agree with what you are saying....but no one watches Scottish football so our TV deal won't get any better and people using boxes etc doesn't help but that's fine as sky etc are rip offs as you said ....we are just going to have to be happy with the deal we have and get in with it......English league makes money because the world watches it (if the Edinburgh derby is on TV or Manchester derby is on TV there will be more people in Scotland watching Manchester derby sadly) bt that had Decent coverage of Scottish football walked away because it wasn't worth it for them (TV companies don't just give away cash for free unless they make profit)

The English league and their deals is what's wrong with the game tommybhoy, if everyone here paid the exorbitant fees required to follow whichever sides they follow they'd be ripping themselves off on top of the rip off we're subjected to.

Even if they did sub to all platforms what makes you think that the Scottish game would recieve more?
We didn't before this tech was available, can't see more subs in Scotland helping viaplay recoup the losses they've made.
I'm positive it would make no difference at all.

I Understand you're not against people using sticks /boaxes, however you must see that's not why viaplay is posting £60 million plus losses.

If it was they'd have said so, they'd also expose themselves as paying under the odds but either way , Scotland with a 5 million population and lucky if half of the central belt is watching games most weeks is not the reason why we get rubbish deals.

That lies squarely at the door of the likes of Doncaster and Co who are incapable of selling the rights at the proper value, 150 countries watching Scottish football says it all yet he's paid as much as the league cup deal practically.

How can those two facts square one another and make 1+1 =2?

It doesn't because we're ripped off here and have likely the smallest amount of folk using boaxes compared to other countries.

The Scottish football support paying full dollar would make little difference if any at all to viaplay or sky.
That just proves my point we have population of 5 million and not everyone watches football ...our league is not popular world wide so we can't moan that sky deal is not great as they are probably losing money lol.... English league is absolutely huge that's why they get big money ....TV companies don't just give away cash for the sake of it.....and ofcourse people using sticks and boxes doesn't help to think otherwise is crazy.....everyone used a stick and box in Scotland there would be no Scottish games live on TV......nothing against sticks as a said but we can't Moan about sky deal that we have just now

That just proves my point we have population of 5 million and not everyone watches football ...our league is not popular world wide so we can't moan that sky deal is not great as they are probably losing money lol.... English league is absolutely huge that's why they get big money ....TV companies don't just give away cash for the sake of it.....and ofcourse people using sticks and boxes doesn't help to think otherwise is crazy.....everyone used a stick and box in Scotland there would be no Scottish games live on TV......nothing against sticks as a said but we can't Moan about sky deal that we have just now
Our league isn't popular world wide.... But Celtic are.. Boxes or firesticks apart I'll bet we pull in more viewing fans than at least 90% of the EPL..

A fact that Doncaster and the masonic cabal behind Scottish football choose to ignore when trying to negotiate with TV companies... I heard stories of them using the fact that Celtic supporters sing Irish rebel songs and are political in other ways,,, ie flags etc as an excuse to say thats why we don't get the world wide coverage... Imho thats a load of pish, Ach I'm sure people on here know where I'm going here, but I've a feeling that there is a smsm journalists fishing here.... So...

Up the fuckin RA...

Our league isn't popular world wide.... But Celtic are.. Boxes or firesticks apart I'll bet we pull in more viewing fans than at least 90% of the EPL..

A fact that Doncaster and the masonic cabal behind Scottish football choose to ignore when trying to negotiate with TV companies... I heard stories of them using the fact that Celtic supporters sing Irish rebel songs and are political in other ways,,, ie flags etc as an excuse to say thats why we don't get the world wide coverage... Imho thats a load of pish, Ach I'm sure people on here know where I'm going here, but I've a feeling that there is a smsm journalists fishing here.... So...

Up the fuckin RA...
Celtic are worldwide but our viewing figures are no where near a match for any game in English premier League not even close mate......if Tottenham are playing west ham for example supporters from all the other teams still watch that game .... sure the average Scottish game is just over 250 thousand ...English league will be in the millions.....just checked according to figures online more people watch English football in America alone than Scotland gets figures worldwide ....Celtic are a massive club definitely support clubs all over the globe but the English league is absolutely huge (I hate the English league) even in Ireland that has been a Celtic stronghold from the beginning has just as many or even more epl supporters now especially in the south .....Celtic Vs Liverpool in Dublin was 80 percent Liverpool...same as when we played them in Boston too

Last edited:
Just out if curiosity tb.....do you pay a subscription to watch Scottish football ?
Yes mate ....not bt sports tho except when we are in Europe (I've nothing against fire sticks etc as it's expensive) my argument is tho that we moan about TV deal but we get what we are worth sadly and it's not alot....if they start showing more live games at Celtic park and Ibrox that would help....anyone who turns on TV and it's a quarter full McDiarmid park are not watching that game (outwith fans of Scottish football)....check the social media followers for example of teams in England and it dwarfs us and rangers ....it's mad world but sadly Celtic and rangers can't compete with the football following of the English league

Yes mate ....not bt sports tho except when we are in Europe (I've nothing against fire sticks etc as it's expensive) my argument is tho that we moan about TV deal but we get what we are worth sadly and it's not alot....if they start showing more live games at Celtic park and Ibrox that would help....anyone who turns on TV and it's a quarter full McDiarmid park are not watching that game (outwith fans of Scottish football)....check the social media followers for example of teams in England and it dwarfs us and rangers ....it's mad world but sadly Celtic and rangers can't compete with the football following of the English league
I know social media ls alot of shit and for proper fans we have one of the biggest fan bases in the UK....but glory hunter and tourist fans money counts too for the clubs in England......arsenal fans TV on you tube has over 1.5 million subscribers.....our official Celtic channel has less than quarter of a million

Members online

Latest posts

Back