Doncaster and his "fantastic " TV deals Viaplay going under.

The only time I watch other teams in Scotland play is when they are against us, I just find them boring otherwise.I no longer subscribe to Sky,Bt or premier but if Celtic started streaming games live I would pay for it
That's my point that's why the deal we have with sky is the best we could get (no one watches Scottish football that's why we don't get big TV deal)

The marketing of our league is the problem, not just Doncaster and Co the boards of Celtic and our ugly town mates are at fault... They dont want home games put on TV against the lower league teams for fear of losing fans attending in person... Imho they miss a great opportunity here....

Taking your figures at face value mate and it looks like more people watch the EPL, but do these figures include supporters clubs with Hundreds watching, I've been to a few places in my time and have never came across a spurs or west ham club, but I've seen plenty and know of plenty more throughout the world of Celtic clubs...

I still reckon that worldwide more people watch Celtic than 90% of Premier league teams..
Agreed Celtic has more fans than 90 percent...
But we don't have the viewing figures mate.....spurs Vs west ham live on TV all the other fans of that league would watch that game .....spurs has a bigger social media following than every team in Scotland put together.....average English game has over 500 thousand viewers in America alone that's double what we get worldwide mate .....if we had 500 thousand people watching Celtic TV abroad we would be super rich (sadly that's not the case) the reason the epl gets billions is because of the amount of viewers...... Tottenham have way more fans in Asia than Celtic it's not even close and North America they have more supporter clubs than Celtic now too.....west ham according to online have 40 million fans to our 9 million ....social media they have a 5 million followers.....(football has changed the teams in England have sadly outgrown Celtic and rangers)

Last edited:
Totally agree with the grassroots part definitely.....trebles are good for Celtic fans but not good for league as it's not competive and not good for the players who want to have a challenge....obv a want us to win every cup going.....
Can't disagree with you, tommybhoy. Folk looking at our outrageous success, especially in recent times, can do nothing other than question the standard of teams we compete against.

However, if we have a look at most other leagues, it's normally found that it's the best supported, and so wealthiest, teams that are successful. Saudi money is a perfect example these days, I guess.

So what does that leave us with in our neck of the woods? A rivalry which is at best unpleasant, and at worst pernicious. But bloody hell it sure does pull in money.

It has always been thus. I'll take as many trebles, and as much dominance as comes our way.....with great pleasure!

Agreed Celtic has more fans than 90 percent...
But we don't have the viewing figures mate.....spurs Vs west ham live on TV all the other fans of that league would watch that game .....spurs has a bigger social media following than every team in Scotland put together.....average English game has over 500 thousand viewers in America alone that's double what we get worldwide mate .....if we had 500 thousand people watching Celtic TV abroad we would be super rich (sadly that's not the case) the reason the epl gets billions is because of the amount of viewers
Takes it back to the marketing mate, we are run by small minded in it for themselves people...

Every Celtic game in this day and age should be available live online home ones I'm taking about obviously, it will happen within a few seasons imho , market our own game and we will benefit financially, but we need someone with the foresight to see the potential, the guy who has just arrived on our board from Apple is a step in the right direction...

Celtic v Hibs, hearts or the sheep at Celtic Park is a bigger draw than Fulham v Southampton or similar, and Celtic v Zombies is as big if not bigger than any EPL game you care to mention... Market it properly and they will watch it worldwide I'm sure..

Takes it back to the marketing mate, we are run by small minded in it for themselves people...

Every Celtic game in this day and age should be available live online home ones I'm taking about obviously, it will happen within a few seasons imho , market our own game and we will benefit financially, but we need someone with the foresight to see the potential, the guy who has just arrived on our board from Apple is a step in the right direction...

Celtic v Hibs, hearts or the sheep at Celtic Park is a bigger draw than Fulham v Southampton or similar, and Celtic v Zombies is as big if not bigger than any EPL game you care to mention... Market it properly and they will watch it worldwide I'm sure..
Agreed mate....anyway this chat has went ofcourse 🤣 all this over the use of a firestick ....anyway fuck the tourist English league ....makes me sick at my work when Scottish and irish chat about man utd and Chelsea etc 🤣

Both yourself and 50 make terrific points, Richybhoy
The collapse of youth football is indeed a major contributor to the demise of what was once a conveyor belt of outstanding talent.

Like yourself and most other working class kids, my world revolved around kicking a ball ' up the park ', or indeed in the street.

10 halftime 21 the game was the order of the day. Quite often three times a day.
So yes, the loss of what was in effect intrinsically part of the lives of working class youth, is probably impossible to quantify.

I think it goes much deeper though. We've all heard the arguments: societal changes, computer games, lack of parent/teacher involvement etc etc.

I think we've witnessed a tsunami of change affecting almost every aspect of life. King Canute would struggle to reverse them.
10 half time 21 the winner, remember it well, not forgetting heidy fitba roon the back courts.
"up the park" 20 odd players a side, great days indeed.

Canny beat jerseys fur goals, an orange or fag at HT, and the 3 corners a penalty rule, when bith teams are shootin intae the same goals. ;)
image.png.071699d3d993e445f1741031f15fbe98.png

The wee skilful guy gettin booted tae F!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I was that guy.....naw, not the wee skilful guy. The bhoy with tackety boots !

In actual fact, there was a wee bloke who fits your description; he was absolutely brilliant...and he was wee. I met up with him in later life when he turned up at our home in the southside to fit some blinds.

He said he hated to play against me.....offered to show me the still present bruises! Seriously though, it was good to catch up with him.

Back