EL Alfredo...moonbeams again or worth his weight in mud?

Yes B, good morning,

BT did offer and even mentioned it on the telly a few weeks back, when both Darryl and Chris Sutton stared at the camera and said they await the SFA getting back to them!!
When at the Celtic games I always record the BT panel's comments to watch when I get in, and yesterday Sutton mentioned two absolutely stonking points, both of which are extremely contentious and well done him.

As I said earlier, Sutton said that the SFA are scared of Rangers, and IF VAR comes in, the men making the decisions behind the replays need to get them right, as there's no certainty that they will.
WOW! REALLY, Well done him!

Yes B, good morning,

BT did offer and even mentioned it on the telly a few weeks back, when both Darryl and Chris Sutton stared at the camera and said they await the SFA getting back to them!!
When at the Celtic games I always record the BT panel's comments to watch when I get in, and yesterday Sutton mentioned two absolutely stonking points, both of which are extremely contentious and well done him.

As I said earlier, Sutton said that the SFA are scared of Rangers, and IF VAR comes in, the men making the decisions behind the replays need to get them right, as there's no certainty that they will.
WOW! REALLY, Well done him!

I can't think of any ex player in history that's had a pundit job with the same exposure, who has fought our corner like the big fella, a man who has genuine feelings for our club.
I've never been one to get overheated about ex players who give us stick, if it's justified I can take it on board, if it isn't, I just ignore it, but most of the time when the big fella gives us a bit stick, you can tell it's because he cares. I have to say though the quote about building statues of Defoe at Celtic park must have been down to copious amounts of drink the previous evening.

Be careful what you wish for! VAR already shown to leave some incidents undecided. Also, it works both ways. Sinclair’s goal on Saturday would have stood but so would two Morelos goals in earlier games. I notice Aberdeen and Hibs fans on social media looking forward to VAR as they think it will put an end to referees favouring the two Glasgow giants!!

Be careful what you wish for! VAR already shown to leave some incidents undecided. Also, it works both ways. Sinclair’s goal on Saturday would have stood but so would two Morelos goals in earlier games. I notice Aberdeen and Hibs fans on social media looking forward to VAR as they think it will put an end to referees favouring the two Glasgow giants!!

Great point JS, there was a live game on bbc 1 recently when VAR came into play, a goal was disallowed for offside because the forwards foot was about 6 inches offside,
At half time, Lineker, Shearer and another bloke were arguing the goal should have stood because it was just offside by a few inches. They get VAR in England then you have this mob creating grey areas that were supposed to dissappear when the new technology came in. Baffling mate.

The MIB and SFA would find a way to manipulate VAR to their benefit. Fans wouldn't be told who the refs in the studio would be. Imaging a panel containing hugh Dallas, Kenny Clarke and Dougie McDonald.

The build up to a perfectly good goal would be chalked off due to a shoulder to shoulder challenge being called a foul. Remember big Suttons chip against the huns. He bumped De Boer of the ball and chipped their keeper. That would defo be disallowed, if they were looking at VAR.
Beaton quite happily admitted to watching Moreorless kick and punch and elbow his way through the derby. We screamed and shouted. Our board got "surprised"...it been forgotten now. Same would happen if we had VAR. 3 hun refs would make shit decisions. We would get annoyed. They wouldn't comment and it would blow over to the next game...we have VAR now...we have thousands of people worldwide watching on 50 cameras around the stadium catch these mason bastards cheat us every week. Having 3 scummy refs earning more money sitting in a wee studio won't make a difference....IMO

Great point JS, there was a live game on bbc 1 recently when VAR came into play, a goal was disallowed for offside because the forwards foot was about 6 inches offside,
At half time, Lineker, Shearer and another bloke were arguing the goal should have stood because it was just offside by a few inches. They get VAR in England then you have this mob creating grey areas that were supposed to dissappear when the new technology came in. Baffling mate.

Yes JS and Benign, both good points,
but, Celtic's footballing style is hugely honest and fair so I can't see many decisions working against us that we need worry about.

And besides, scumco gets far, Far, FAR more decisions it shouldn't get than it gets disallowed.

With VAR, Morelos would have definitely been dismissed and the sevvies down to 10 men within half an hour of the last game against us, for either one of his first two disgraceful thug attempts....never mind his vile sexual abuse towards Christie!

Rotten as Celtic were, I'M STILL NOT CONVINCED WE WOULD HAVE LOST THAT GAME with the corrupt Colombian cokehead dismissed from play!

Nothing to worry about here, EXCEPT how boring the League will be when it's all sown up by the New Year and we ALREADY begin to look forward to 12 in a row.
I'm serious when I say with VAR in place, the financial head start we have on every other team and quality of players in our squad WILL only EMPOWER us even further.

That said if there's STILL any dubiety about VAR, then consider this;

Celtic ARE winning everything in sight without VAR, and all while the filthy, cheating, Hun sucking sycophantic SFA alongside their lickspittling refs...are aiding and abetting in corruption.

It can only be to our advantage with VAR because we are the most attacking club in the league and as a result will be subject to far more wrongful ruling than anyone else.
If there is a situation that is STILL wrongly decided against us even AFTER VAR is used, then it WON'T HAPPEN often......or else it will expose the decision makers as justifiably corrupt and favouring 'certain' teams!

It would be a self enforced exit from football adjudicating, ending their over- inflated paydays for ANY officials seen to be participating in obvious skulduggery.

For the first time and in the eyes of the world, the SFA would have NO CHOICE but to be seen acting on behalf of every club and NOT for just one, as is the case right now.

VAR ........bring it on, THE SOONER THE BETTER for Celtic.

If you guys think the future is green now, it's gonna get a whole lot rosier in the garden for us......

The MIB and SFA would find a way to manipulate VAR to their benefit. Fans wouldn't be told who the refs in the studio would be. Imaging a panel containing hugh Dallas, Kenny Clarke and Dougie McDonald.

The build up to a perfectly good goal would be chalked off due to a shoulder to shoulder challenge being called a foul. Remember big Suttons chip against the huns. He bumped De Boer of the ball and chipped their keeper. That would defo be disallowed, if they were looking at VAR.
Beaton quite happily admitted to watching Moreorless kick and punch and elbow his way through the derby. We screamed and shouted. Our board got "surprised"...it been forgotten now. Same would happen if we had VAR. 3 hun refs would make shit decisions. We would get annoyed. They wouldn't comment and it would blow over to the next game...we have VAR now...we have thousands of people worldwide watching on 50 cameras around the stadium catch these mason bastards cheat us every week. Having 3 scummy refs earning more money sitting in a wee studio won't make a difference....IMO

.....but not for long lubo........they can only get away with ridiculously stupid decisions for so long!
...... and with big mouths Levein, McInnes, Clarke and Lennon, at the least will create merry hell in a very short while when the avalanche that's coming their way (the SFA) exposes them for their crass stupidity that goes against every law of nature....
....yes they WILL TRY Lubo.....THEY WILL TRY......
BUT NOT FOR LONG...

.....but not for long lubo........they can only get away with ridiculously stupid decisions for so long!
...... and with big mouths Levein, McInnes, Clarke and Lennon, at the least will create merry hell in a very short while when the avalanche that's coming their way (the SFA) exposes them for their crass stupidity that goes against every law of nature....
....yes they WILL TRY Lubo.....THEY WILL TRY......
BUT NOT FOR LONG...

I understand what you are saying jc but look at it like this...who decides when VAR is used? The refs...so imaging beaton is up there watching a cunt like beaton watch a cunt like Moreorless assault our players. He isn't going to come over the headphones calling for a review....as I've stated, The Scottish referees have ignored the fact that their poor decisions have been captured on camera for as long as I can remember.

The SFA have ignored the mountains of evidence on how corrupt the MIB are. Managers have come and gone over the years who have called out the corruption. Nothing has changed....

Picture this. Celtic player assaulted by a hammerthrower. Ref ignores. Refs controlling VAR ignore. Celtic release "surprised" statement. SFA circle the wagon. We move on.

I for one won't put my faith in an orginiasation, who has happily rigged the Scottish game for one team, to start calling out the referees that they have put in power.

VAR will be used to the benefit of 1 team. Shoulder tackles against the huns will be a no no. Every foul the hun commits will be ignored....like it is at the moment...only it will be ignored by 4 or 5 refs instead of the 1.

I understand what you are saying jc but look at it like this...who decides when VAR is used? The refs...so imaging beaton is up there watching a cunt like beaton watch a cunt like Moreorless assault our players. He isn't going to come over the headphones calling for a review....as I've stated, The Scottish referees have ignored the fact that their poor decisions have been captured on camera for as long as I can remember.

The SFA have ignored the mountains of evidence on how corrupt the MIB are. Managers have come and gone over the years who have called out the corruption. Nothing has changed....

Picture this. Celtic player assaulted by a hammerthrower. Ref ignores. Refs controlling VAR ignore. Celtic release "surprised" statement. SFA circle the wagon. We move on.

I for one won't put my faith in an orginiasation, who has happily rigged the Scottish game for one team, to start calling out the referees that they have put in power.

VAR will be used to the benefit of 1 team. Shoulder tackles against the huns will be a no no. Every foul the hun commits will be ignored....like it is at the moment...only it will be ignored by 4 or 5 refs instead of the 1.

I think we could over analyse VAR to death.

It is possible that VAR will throw up some extra dubious decisions. But I think its more likely to bring accountability that is currently missing. If the due had the benefit of VAR and makes an extra dubious Honest mistake then its recorded that that dubious mistake has had the benefit of VAR which would bring the accountability into line.

I dont think for a minute it will solve every issue. And even after watching an incident again its sometimes unclear, but the big decisions like the cup final hand ball. or the deliberate dive would become accountable and it woudl also allow easier access to statistics to see which teams get dubious decisions.

Technology is getting so advanced that it might even become possible to tamper with video, but really if that was happening whats the point even paying to watch something thats that rigged.

I think VAR would help reduce the risk of really wild honest mistakes and in my opinion that alone would make it useful. If rugby can have it why not football?

I think we could over analyse VAR to death.

It is possible that VAR will throw up some extra dubious decisions. But I think its more likely to bring accountability that is currently missing. If the due had the benefit of VAR and makes an extra dubious Honest mistake then its recorded that that dubious mistake has had the benefit of VAR which would bring the accountability into line.

I dont think for a minute it will solve every issue. And even after watching an incident again its sometimes unclear, but the big decisions like the cup final hand ball. or the deliberate dive would become accountable and it woudl also allow easier access to statistics to see which teams get dubious decisions.

Technology is getting so advanced that it might even become possible to tamper with video, but really if that was happening whats the point even paying to watch something thats that rigged.

I think VAR would help reduce the risk of really wild honest mistakes and in my opinion that alone would make it useful. If rugby can have it why not football?

I just have absolutely no faith in the people who run Scottish football. If you could hand them the power of the knowledge of the universe I believe they would find a way to take it and fuck it up. VAR, in theory, should work. There's always going to be grey areas. But the SFA would find a way of making an arse of it.

Yes JS and Benign, both good points,
but, Celtic's footballing style is hugely honest and fair so I can't see many decisions working against us that we need worry about.

And besides, scumco gets far, Far, FAR more decisions it shouldn't get than it gets disallowed.

With VAR, Morelos would have definitely been dismissed and the sevvies down to 10 men within half an hour of the last game against us, for either one of his first two disgraceful thug attempts....never mind his vile sexual abuse towards Christie!

Rotten as Celtic were, I'M STILL NOT CONVINCED WE WOULD HAVE LOST THAT GAME with the corrupt Colombian cokehead dismissed from play!

Nothing to worry about here, EXCEPT how boring the League will be when it's all sown up by the New Year and we ALREADY begin to look forward to 12 in a row.
I'm serious when I say with VAR in place, the financial head start we have on every other team and quality of players in our squad WILL only EMPOWER us even further.

That said if there's STILL any dubiety about VAR, then consider this;

Celtic ARE winning everything in sight without VAR, and all while the filthy, cheating, Hun sucking sycophantic SFA alongside their lickspittling refs...are aiding and abetting in corruption.

It can only be to our advantage with VAR because we are the most attacking club in the league and as a result will be subject to far more wrongful ruling than anyone else.
If there is a situation that is STILL wrongly decided against us even AFTER VAR is used, then it WON'T HAPPEN often......or else it will expose the decision makers as justifiably corrupt and favouring 'certain' teams!

It would be a self enforced exit from football adjudicating, ending their over- inflated paydays for ANY officials seen to be participating in obvious skulduggery.

For the first time and in the eyes of the world, the SFA would have NO CHOICE but to be seen acting on behalf of every club and NOT for just one, as is the case right now.

VAR ........bring it on, THE SOONER THE BETTER for Celtic.

If you guys think the future is green now, it's gonna get a whole lot rosier in the garden for us......

A cracking post as usual mate, spoken like a Bute house doorman, I see you're using a feminine version of my name, theirs something in the air recently as I was informed the other day of a nun who was headmistress at a school who was called Madam Benignus.
That really tickled me.
Anyhoo, when VAR does come in your post should be stuck on the dressing room wall mate.

They will bring in a 3-use rule. Similar the what they do in tennis. The manager will have the power to call in VAR...but only 3 times in a match. They will say this is to protect the referee from thuggish football (sevco) fans. The power will be with their own managers....we can all pretty much assume Celtic would use their 3 lives in the 1st 5 minutes....that's my job in the SFA sorted ??? anyone know where I can get a decent pair of brown brogues and a goat

I just have absolutely no faith in the people who run Scottish football. If you could hand them the power of the knowledge of the universe I believe they would find a way to take it and fuck it up. VAR, in theory, should work. There's always going to be grey areas. But the SFA would find a way of making an arse of it.
Would you believe I was on bus when two nuggets were having the best conversation ever.

Basically went a bit like.

This SFA are run by fenians. Have you noticed that Celtic get easy start to the season and also get to play the teams that are likely to finish in the bottom half twice at home. And we only get to play them once at home.

The other one said aye its pure rigged in favour for them. Its always been rigged for them.

Now i have no idea if that scenario is possible. But i was tempted to point out that Celtic every time they play in europe need to play a likely top half team away from home. And Sevco after europe get home games against the lesser seeded teams in our league at home. And maybe to make sure that Celtic have a better chance to lose games around the european mathes menas they need to play the duffer teams before the european campaign starts.

So even when it rigged in their favour they cant see it, so i decided not to bother proposing my antithesis.

Trouble is with their zombie faces tripping them, even before they got beat by Killie, I doubt having a discusion with them would have helped in any way possible.

Mad dug's face was tripping him again during last night's game. You would think he'd be happy to have an old has-been helping him out. It won't be long until he takes an early bath again so sevco should cash in while they can as the pensioner has shown the world he can still do the business from 6inches out.

.......And I agree, with what you say lubo, but I honestly feel their days are numbered, their backs are against the wall, AND THEY KNOW IT.

Their cheating will stop...because them denying us the decisions, which show the bleedin' obvious will be like denying gravity, to the Sir Isaac Newton institute.
Sinclair's 'hat trick' on Saturday...as a relevant and current case.
.... the blatant favouritism will hang them out to dry ........when published on line!

Reputations will crash over-night, legacies rent asunder.......
I feel it in my water........it's comin' lubo ........ the tide of incessant, ceaseless pressure for fair play to all, is going to crush them like Mafunyane and the poacher underfoot.
There's only so much flak anyone can take...before their implosion.

It's all good.....
....who can say WHEN the filth will win another trophy...EVER AGAIN with VAR...

Look bud, I'l quote one of my favourite Glas 'weegie' phrases and say when VAR comes in use...
....oh ya beauty!

A cracking post as usual mate, spoken like a Bute house doorman, I see you're using a feminine version of my name, theirs something in the air recently as I was informed the other day of a nun who was headmistress at a school who was called Madam Benignus.
That really tickled me.
Anyhoo, when VAR does come in your post should be stuck on the dressing room wall mate.

No offence meant with your name bud, but I actually enjoyed my tutelage under the hospices of a nun run education.
Schooling was made so easy at Lawside Academy with time invested in each pupil to glean every ounce from their mental capabilities.
Sister Mary Rose, Sister Paul and many others I attribute to my personal educational success.
God bless them all.

And thanks again for the compliment Ben, but the flyers for Paradise and the ten other clubs dressing rooms.....are being printed as we speak....... Ha Ha Ha.......Only ten clubs? I hear you say.
Yes, because the second liquidation of the already liquidated is in the pipeline gurgling down the fetid funnels of Fleming's faucet.....
I can't wait.......

.......Yours, Most Sincerely.

.......The Doorman:giggle::giggle::giggle:

No offence meant with your name bud, but I actually enjoyed my tutelage under the hospices of a nun run education.
Schooling was made so easy at Lawside Academy with time invested in each pupil to glean every ounce from their mental capabilities.
Sister Mary Rose, Sister Paul and many others I attribute to my personal educational success.
God bless them all.

And thanks again for the compliment Ben, but the flyers for Paradise and the ten other clubs dressing rooms.....are being printed as we speak....... Ha Ha Ha.......Only ten clubs? I hear you say.
Yes, because the second liquidation of the already liquidated is in the pipeline gurgling down the fetid funnels of Fleming's faucet.....
I can't wait.......

.......Yours, Most Sincerely.

.......The Doorman:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Isn't life strange TGJC, all our jesting over the last few days on the Scottish Independence thread and Alex Salmond has just walked out of the sherrif court pleading not guilty to
1 × Breach of the peace
11 × Sexual Assault
2 × Attempted Rape

By the way no offence taken at all with the name, cheers, Madam Benignus

Members online

Latest posts

Back