Elyounnoussi on his phone

Everyone says how they have backed lennon and strengthened the team. I dont see it. Loaned duffy who is shite. Loaned eli, again, who is shite. Signed ajeti who was a replacement for eddy, covid and not the right offer put a stop to that.
Loaned laxalt but he is only here cos boli fucked up and they never had a choice. But again a loanee.
duffy is a letdown without doubt, i think some thought we were getting beckenbauer and we got the irish moritz bauer

Its become a cultural thing

Dont think he should be fined but he shouldn't have been doing it while at work imo

But ive seen cabinet members of government fall asleep at work and they all regularly mess bout texting on phones while in parliament when they should really be contributing to the arguments in commons on behalf of their constituents or if its important enough to move out of chamber to deal with issue they been alerted to.

Unless its a contractual demand or a known rule then he should not be fined for it but it should become a rule if its not now its been flagged.

Where exactly did he pull phone from anyway?

is someone holding phones on bench to dish out if your subbed?

duffy is a letdown without doubt, i think some thought we were getting beckenbauer and we got the irish moritz bauer

I didnt think he was a world beater. I was more excited that we were getting an experienced CB who had played against top players. Didn't believe for a 2nd that a guy who had been up against players like Aguero and Hazard would be made to look so average by guys in Scotland...and i really dont mean that to be disrespectful to the SPL players but quality is quality and duffy has come up against proper quality and did alright....its not happening for him in Scotland though....

I didnt think he was a world beater. I was more excited that we were getting an experienced CB who had played against top players. Didn't believe for a 2nd that a guy who had been up against players like Aguero and Hazard would be made to look so average by guys in Scotland...and i really dont mean that to be disrespectful to the SPL players but quality is quality and duffy has come up against proper quality and did alright....its not happening for him in Scotland though....
i think your spot on, but he's maybe a player thats better served in a team with 10 men behind the wall instead of being part of an exposed 2/3 man defence where even SPFL are giving him the runaround. He's no doubt one of those that cares, but he's walked into the unravelling of a team

Duffy is a back 4 no nonsense defender being exposed to nonsense support like all our cbs are thrown into

Bobo baldy would look shite in our weird abandon defensive awareness system

Duffy never was beckenbauer

And if you stuck him in huns defence he would look class act imo

brown lost his mojo imo

and frimpong aint his wing man

easy to blame him

he been very under par in our defence

but im pretty certain Bobby Moore would look gash with no support

As would big Cesar

Craig timed his runs forward when space opened he never abandoned his post to play further forward than Jinky 90 percent of game

Ajer and bitton are not CBs

So to abandon left flank is exposing him to tricky wingers

tricky wingers need a fast mobile full back with the skills of full back to stop him in his tracks

duffy and ejer will get dragged out of their strength trying to play wider

Ajer would fit brown holding mid better than brown on current form

But he can cover cb but he needs a lb near him as out and a support to allow him to concentrate better as cb role

Last edited:
Its become a cultural thing

Dont think he should be fined but he shouldn't have been doing it while at work imo

But ive seen cabinet members of government fall asleep at work and they all regularly mess bout texting on phones while in parliament when they should really be contributing to the arguments in commons on behalf of their constituents or if its important enough to move out of chamber to deal with issue they been alerted to.

Unless its a contractual demand or a known rule then he should not be fined for it but it should become a rule if its not now its been flagged.

Where exactly did he pull phone from anyway?

is someone holding phones on bench to dish out if your subbed?
i took a cousin from canada to the house of parliament years ago and there were 4 people debating the swine flu, then we went into the lords and he counted 8 sleeping,

that last 10 minutes i was on my phone ffs. i think it's an over-reaction, like anyone, your phones in your pocket and it goes off, your naturally going to look at it. it's not a great look when you show it like that, i find it strange that a camera is filming a sub in the stands. but there was more worrying things than that for me and if theres any fines to be dished out, it'd be the whole starting 11 and the backroom team
Should he really be having his phone with him when he has got a match to play? He needs to leave his phone in the changing room until after the final whistle.

that last 10 minutes i was on my phone ffs. i think it's an over-reaction, like anyone, your phones in your pocket and it goes off, your naturally going to look at it. it's not a great look when you show it like that, i find it strange that a camera is filming a sub in the stands. but there was more worrying things than that for me and if theres any fines to be dished out, it'd be the whole starting 11 and the backroom team
You are not part of a team that's puttin in no effort. You were at home watchin a shite show. I think what this shows is the total lack of professionalism under Lennon. Any sporting manager would have a rule of no phones in the changing rooms. Even amateur teams. How did he get his phone out to pitch side?
I wouldn't tolerate it. I thinks it's a fuckin disgrace. If you were workin on a building site and your boss seen you on the phone, what would he say? You'd be warned and the then fuckin chased.
It just showed up the total unprofessional set up under Lennon.

Again the SPL is underrated we have a wee league up here with nothing like the riches on offer elsewhere but we do have hard working well drilled sides who can give any players problems .

You are not part of a team that's puttin in no effort. You were at home watchin a shite show. I think what this shows is the total lack of professionalism under Lennon. Any sporting manager would have a rule of no phones in the changing rooms. Even amateur teams. How did he get his phone out to pitch side?
I wouldn't tolerate it. I thinks it's a fuckin disgrace. If you were workin on a building site and your boss seen you on the phone, what would he say? You'd be warned and the then fuckin chased.
Not sure we can blame lenny for this but hes got a backroom team who should be on top of such matters else why are they there? To agree with lenny on everything?

I think thats part of the issue

Lennon is assuming too much about modern players

thats the culture they brought up in

unless you are specific modern players dont understand the game that over 40s culturally understood

the entire education system is wonky these days

praised for mediocrity and although the talent is same or better the discipline is missing and the wages are too high and it all contributes to prima donna attitudes of I know best or ill sulk

im on more wages than you ever where so I dont need to learn from you I already got it

And over 40s often assume the players have same determination and football knowledge that once was common knowledge amongst top division players

the assumptions that they should know what they are meant to be doing by management with nod and wink are no more

Culturally the whole of society is lax imo

especially amongst high paid less aware youngsters

but if you drill discipline that they dont like they paid so much that if they lose heart rather than garner determination they become a bigger problem

communications need to be better utilised to develop better units and I dont think lennon communicates very well in reinforcing his expectations and constantly praising mediocrity is also big part of issue as well as changing his views dramatically from one PR interview to next

Last edited:
I think thats part of the issue

Lennon is assuming too much about modern players

thats the culture they brought up in

unless you are specific modern players dont understand the game that over 40s culturally understood

the entire education system is wonky these days

praised for mediocrity and allow the talent is same or better the discipline is missing and the wages are too high and it all contributes to prima donna attitudes of I know best or ill sulk

im on more wages than you ever where so I dont need to learn from you I already got it

And over 40s often assume the players have same determination and football knowledge that once was common knowledge amongst top division players

the assumptions that they should know what they are meant to be doing by management with nod and wink are no more

Culturally the whole of society is lax imo

especially amongst high paid less aware youngsters

but if you drill discipline that they dont like they paid so much that if they lose heart rather than garner determination they become a bigger problem

communications need to be better utilised to develop better units and I dont think lennon communicates very well in reinforcing his expectations and constantly praising mediocrity is also big part of issue as well as changing his views dramatically from one PR interview to next
I've wondered this season if lenny comes out after the games and says we were passive first half and fantastic second half then goes into dressing room and says same when we all know we've been shite. It does mytits in hearing this and I assume he's saving the truth for the dressing room. Now I wonder

I think eli was sending out a message. Not a Commons chucking tops about the place or Barry the ned sticking his fingers up message but a subtle message that they don't give a fuck. He can't be so stupid to think that people might not moan about him sitting on his phone while we get embarrassed on the park. It was a show of disrespect to the management.
His phone could have a message from his Mrs. I don't think you can say it was a show of disrespect as you don't know what he was thinking or why he had it in his hands. People are add7cted to l9oking at their phones. Even if he was googling kitten videos it isn't anywhere near the shit show we have endured all season. If the only worry we had was a player on his phone I would be kicking my height. Update, I haven't been.

His phone could have a message from his Mrs. I don't think you can say it was a show of disrespect as you don't know what he was thinking or why he had it in his hands. People are add7cted to l9oking at their phones. Even if he was googling kitten videos it isn't anywhere near the shit show we have endured all season. If the only worry we had was a player on his phone I would be kicking my height. Update, I haven't been.

Oops. Celtic noise fail 😂😂 sorry TV I forgot to put the standard IMO before my comment. I dont know who he was texting and why. What I do know is that players all around the world are as committed to their social media presence as they are about playing football but there's a reason you don't see them all sitting typing away on the bench and that's because they know its disrespectful. I dont think him on his phone has anything to do with how we are playing but what I do believe, and again this is my opinion, is him sitting on his phone showed a complete lack of respect to the manager and coaching staff....and the fans. IMO

I think eli was sending out a message. Not a Commons chucking tops about the place or Barry the ned sticking his fingers up message but a subtle message that they don't give a fuck. He can't be so stupid to think that people might not moan about him sitting on his phone while we get embarrassed on the park. It was a show of disrespect to the management.
His phone could have a message from his Mrs. I don't think you can say it was a show of disrespect as you don't know what he was thinking or why he had it in his hands. People are addicted to looking at their phones. Even if he was googling kitten videos, it isn't anywhere near the shit show we have endured all season. If the only worry we had was a player on his phone I would be kicking my height. Update: I haven't.
Oops. Celtic noise fail 😂😂 sorry TV I forgot to put the standard IMO before my comment. I dont know who he was texting and why. What I do know is that players all around the world are as committed to their social media presence as they are about playing football but there's a reason you don't see them all sitting typing away on the bench and that's because they know its disrespectful. I dont think him on his phone has anything to do with how we are playing but what I do believe, and again this is my opinion, is him sitting on his phone showed a complete lack of respect to the manager and coaching staff....and the fans. IMO
I have seen plenty doing it. I don't agree with it either, but I'm not going to lose my shit when there is a slow motion car crash right in front of our eyes. Ely isn't driving our car. Priorities and stop deflecting Lenny. If the team aren't performing that's your responsibility sort that then have a rule about phones.

His phone could have a message from his Mrs. I don't think you can say it was a show of disrespect as you don't know what he was thinking or why he had it in his hands. People are addicted to looking at their phones. Even if he was googling kitten videos, it isn't anywhere near the shit show we have endured all season. If the only worry we had was a player on his phone I would be kicking my height. Update: I haven't.

I have seen plenty doing it. I don't agree with it either, but I'm not going to lose my shit when there is a slow motion car crash right in front of our eyes. Ely isn't driving our car. Priorities and stop deflecting Lenny. If the team aren't performing that's your responsibility sort that then have a rule about phones.

To be honest, I'm not particularly losing my shit over it either. He shouldnt have his phone on the bench. Lenny should remind him of that and he done with it. We have bigger issues than phones. I heard, from the sister of a mates cousin who knows a guy who has a auntie that works at Lennoxtown, that Griffiths has just had a shipment of teacakes sent to paradise

Moi is a hero one week and a bumbling fool the next remember this guy is what 22 or similar? Phones unfortunately are a big part of todays culture and perhaps it's what lenny meant with the 'we need a culture change' to keep up with players and their own needs I mean people are addicted to them this forum Is proof of that. Truth is we dont know what he was on the phone for , a sick relative or results from former teams either way for sutton to say dock the youngster 2 weeks wages actually shows sutton is out of touch with todays game. I'd bet hed be the same if the tech was there when he was playing

If you keep the players happy then we reap the rewards you need only look at lewis Hamilton and how he is allowed to live his jet set life and come back to the car and totally own it. Perhaps something similar is required in today's modern game rather than a hard line approach to what they can and cannot do

Moi is a hero one week and a bumbling fool the next remember this guy is what 22 or similar? Phones unfortunately are a big part of todays culture and perhaps it's what lenny meant with the 'we need a culture change' to keep up with players and their own needs I mean people are addicted to them this forum Is proof of that. Truth is we dont know what he was on the phone for , a sick relative or results from former teams either way for sutton to say dock the youngster 2 weeks wages actually shows sutton is out of touch with todays game. I'd bet hed be the same if the tech was there when he was playing
I have to agree Winter. I think it is getting a bit overblown as fans are so unhappy at the inept display. As you rightly say we don't know what he was doing on the phone or how long he was doing it (just a couple of seconds on tv). Maybe a relative or close friend was getting the results back from a medical test, maybe he was checking Twitter or maybe booking an overnight dirty away trip to Spain with a stunning lassie! Lenny needs to sit him down and find out then remind him - and everyone else in the team - that this shouldn't happen again (unless there are genuine circumstances - particularly during a global pandemic - and only after your direct involvement on the pitch is over, as happened here).

This does seem to have been an isolated incident and it would have bern totally unacceptable if he was an unused substitute waiting to come on as he should be 100% focused on the match.

There are much bigger problems needing to be addressed than overreacting to this minor incident.

Members online

Back