Euro 24 qualyfying and international break.

Imo, Clark is a great manager..he's just not blessed with a mcclair, Johnston mccoist, mcavennie or Dalgleish....any one of them would evevate us to top 20....no question
It's what we're missing, a top striker.
We have top players in the side but 13 shots at goal, (same as Holland) 2 hitting the woodwork shows how we need a quality striker.
Still when you look at where we were when Clarke took over to now then you have to give him credit.
Course it helps when you have better options than previous managers in Robertson, mcginn, Mctominey, kt etc
We are still looking at the best Scotland squad in a long time and that friendly against Holland showed our bench isn't quite up to the standards of the starting xi

Scotland are losers. Always will be. They have lost before they cross the white line, because they have a losing mentality.
Dour faced Clarke wont instil a winning mentality. It will need a Stein, and there isnt one out there.
Think that's a bit harsh Brim, Clarke has nothing like the kind of quality that Stein had at his disposal but he's already only a handful of wins away from matching Stein in games won as Scotland manager in lesser number of games.
No-one is expecting Scotland to light up the Euros in Germany, qualifying from the group was an achievement itself, Clarke actually repeated the win over Spain that Stein achieved but when you look at Jock's Scotland side to what we have now the quality of players is night and day.
I think its fair to say Clarke has been good for Scotland, top European side? No.
We weren't a top European side under Stein either though he may have taken us further if not for his sad passing.
Not comparing the two as managers per say , thatd be ridiculous but Clarke has done a more than decent job with what's available to him imo.
Hopefully we can surprise some in Germany and give the tartan army something to cheer about.
Given the small fortune its costing them they deserve it.

Think that's a bit harsh Brim, Clarke has nothing like the kind of quality that Stein had at his disposal but he's already only a handful of wins away from matching Stein in games won as Scotland manager in lesser number of games.
No-one is expecting Scotland to light up the Euros in Germany, qualifying from the group was an achievement itself, Clarke actually repeated the win over Spain that Stein achieved but when you look at Jock's Scotland side to what we have now the quality of players is night and day.
I think its fair to say Clarke has been good for Scotland, top European side? No.
We weren't a top European side under Stein either though he may have taken us further if not for his sad passing.
Not comparing the two as managers per say , thatd be ridiculous but Clarke has done a more than decent job with what's available to him imo.
Hopefully we can surprise some in Germany and give the tartan army something to cheer about.
Given the small fortune its costing them they deserve it.
Fair enough, but Clarke needs to play his own selection and not buckle to SFA brogue goons wanting pish Sevco players included, or any other pish players for that matter.

Fair enough, but Clarke needs to play his own selection and not buckle to SFA brogue goons wanting pish Sevco players included, or any other pish players for that matter.
Aye , true players like souttar shouldn't be near a Scotland jersey but long may he continue for sevco.
The nation's we've been playing of late, England, France, Holland has shown that we are not capable of that step up despite the win over Spain and other good results.
Should also be remembered that although we qualified under our own terms and deserve to be there, it looks like just about every other nation will be there as well.
Not many missing out with thd expanded format, unusual for only one Scandanavian side to qualify, Denmark.

The nation's league has been good for Scotland but we should remember that being an A nation only means we were the best of a bunch of B nations and others like Israel and Bosnia have also reached the A groups.
Its a bit of a nonsense the nation's league but better than the friendlies.
Portugal, Croatia and Poland will be as tough for us as our European group.
On Shankland, if he's to be our striker then Clarke has left it pretty late to bring him in.
We have 3 games to play before Germany, in Northern Ireland, Gibraltar and Finland, win those games and restore some confidence in the side.

Aye , true players like souttar shouldn't be near a Scotland jersey but long may he continue for sevco.
The nation's we've been playing of late, England, France, Holland has shown that we are not capable of that step up despite the win over Spain and other good results.
Should also be remembered that although we qualified under our own terms and deserve to be there, it looks like just about every other nation will be there as well.
Not many missing out with thd expanded format, unusual for only one Scandanavian side to qualify, Denmark.

The nation's league has been good for Scotland but we should remember that being an A nation only means we were the best of a bunch of B nations and others like Israel and Bosnia have also reached the A groups.
Its a bit of a nonsense the nation's league but better than the friendlies.
Portugal, Croatia and Poland will be as tough for us as our European group.
On Shankland, if he's to be our striker then Clarke has left it pretty late to bring him in.
We have 3 games to play before Germany, in Northern Ireland, Gibraltar and Finland, win those games and restore some confidence in the side.
Think Clarke tryed to play a different system against the Dutch,using the high press with shankland,we got a couple a chances from it but weren’t capable of taking them 🤷‍♂️these games Clarke has to be allowed to try different things and that’s only fair,awe the graft was done to get us to the party using dykes and the guy from Southampton (forget his name🤣)playing a system that suited they players,,likes of Souter won’t be going to Germany but he’s got to appease the hoard🤷‍♂️play the same system next three games giving shankland the three games nothing to lose🤷‍♂️

Think Clarke tryed to play a different system against the Dutch,using the high press with shankland,we got a couple a chances from it but weren’t capable of taking them 🤷‍♂️these games Clarke has to be allowed to try different things and that’s only fair,awe the graft was done to get us to the party using dykes and the guy from Southampton (forget his name🤣)playing a system that suited they players,,likes of Souter won’t be going to Germany but he’s got to appease the hoard🤷‍♂️play the same system next three games giving shankland the three games nothing to lose🤷‍♂️
Aye he's got to try different things and those recent games have shown him and us all exactly what and where we're undermined on the field and bench.
Performance wise I thought we were actually much better against the Dutch than the credit we've been given, and missing Calmac.
Shankland should've scored, against us he scores that but like you say give him a run in the team and we'll see if he can step up, personally I think he can.
If its down to him or Adams , Dykes, I think he's got to be in the squad , last Euros we had 1 or 2 strikers and if we hope to make an impact we cannot keep relying on Mctominey, mcginn to score from midfield.
I'd rather see Scotland go for it in Germany that's when we play our best and at our best we're quite an exciting side to watch, some of our football v Holland was terrific and 4-0 was really harsh and unreflective of how the game went last 10+ minutes aside, just no cutting edge but to go there and match them 13 shots at goal each was impressive if not the result.
Comes back to the bench , they bring on quality we bring on souttar hardly like for like. Still we've got quality to come into the side.

Aye he's got to try different things and those recent games have shown him and us all exactly what and where we're undermined on the field and bench.
Performance wise I thought we were actually much better against the Dutch than the credit we've been given, and missing Calmac.
Shankland should've scored, against us he scores that but like you say give him a run in the team and we'll see if he can step up, personally I think he can.
If its down to him or Adams , Dykes, I think he's got to be in the squad , last Euros we had 1 or 2 strikers and if we hope to make an impact we cannot keep relying on Mctominey, mcginn to score from midfield.
I'd rather see Scotland go for it in Germany that's when we play our best and at our best we're quite an exciting side to watch, some of our football v Holland was terrific and 4-0 was really harsh and unreflective of how the game went last 10+ minutes aside, just no cutting edge but to go there and match them 13 shots at goal each was impressive if not the result.
Comes back to the bench , they bring on quality we bring on souttar hardly like for like. Still we've got quality to come into the side.
Might no have been a bad thing to get that wee toe in the plums before the real biz starts??you know how us Scot’s can get carried away🤣

Might no have been a bad thing to get that wee toe in the plums before the real biz starts??you know how us Scot’s can get carried away🤣
Which toe to the plums?
The England, France or Holland one? 😅
Still two toes left though on the good foot and ditching souttar practically guarantees a better defender, his lack of spatial awareness is like a self inflicted toe to the plums, souttar can probably do that given the way he prances around like a ballet dancer.
Aye carried away by SMSM, I'm bracing myself for the massive increase in hyperbole, and how we can achieve this and that if that and this etc followed by Clarke's crucifixion before he's hung drawn and quartered.
That side the other night , at times when it was in the ascendancy, would've been interesting to see Calmac spearhead that midfield with license to shoot from anywhere.
I don't expect a first ever qualication through the groups but like every Scotsman come kick off I will have that dream I always have , that we can do it.
Ooh where that deludamol tablet come from? 😄

Last summer my niece and my mates daughter were beginning to get into football. Both are Scotland daft. There was a woman’s friendly international v Northern Ireland at Dens. A few of my buddies wanted to go tae. There were five o us and two 12 year old girls. We spoke before the game about how we had to watch our language and bear in mind there would families with young lassies.
We had never been at a game where GTSK had been a National anthem. My mate Brian gave the longest loudest boo I have ever heard!!! I’ve waited my whole life for that he said.
The teams broke and ran to their positions. We are sat behind the goal on Oor best behaviour surrounded by young lassies, the NI goalkeeper (a big lassie!!!) is running to her goal, some guy stood up and shouted “fuck off ya fat hun cunt”.
I had to hold back my laughter. The horrified looks on folks faces was hilarious.
There were two student type lassies sat behind us, polite spoken but swearing like troopers, fuckin do her! Snap that bastards leg and other mad shit.
Scotland won 3-0.

Thanks only because the MIBs couldn't decide whether to support Scotland of Northern Ireland!
Same auld Fukin team bar Cooper in fur Porteous & Dykes in fur Wankland! 🤔🤔.. What wiz the Fukin point ae bringing Gordon in, is he good at making Fukin tea? ☕☕🤣🤣🤣.. Anywan else bar Scotland & I'd have a grand on @1/2 but we HONESTLY are SHITE!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣..If we don't beat this Mob we can Fukin CHUCK IT! Seeing a Fukin DUD like Craighun get over 50 caps tells u aw u need tae kno.. An ABSOLUTE FUKIN DUNKEY!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Members online

Latest posts

Back