Favourite Celtic goal.

I couldnt remember Celtic winning the league with 10 men.

Looked it up and I was 4 at the time.

Looked on youtube for footage and well 1979 but OMG the TV coverage looks like 1949

hahahahaha

Was a peach of a goal though.

How bad would that have been for Colin Jackson though had Murdo not scored that Goal.

Lost the league against 10 men when a draw would be enough and you scored the own goal, bet Jackson was mighty glad murdo scored that bullet to deflect the pelters he would have taken had it finished 3 v 2

They claimed the footage was lost due to a strike by the BBC and then there was one claim that they filmed and forgot to take the lens cap off, this i find hard to believe if they claim to have only one camera at a game like a derby. Anyway the footage you put up was some dude in the Jungle who happened to have a cine camera, must have knew Celtic were going to clinch the title. This footage is in the DVD old firm classics. There is also footage of the Dukla Prague game in Dukla on the road to lisbon, no cameras were beaming back to Glasgow but some dude used his camera and took footage from a black and white tv, and is the worst footage ever, but still captures a mment in history. We really would have footage had we played on the moon best fans worldwide, HH.

McStays took out Souness and Wilkins one turn and like a hawk spied the run down the line and with precision passed the perfect ball for Morris to do the easy thing and roll it along the six yard line for Macca to meet it like a well oiled engine, the goal looks simple but the movement is a joy.
cheers for vid bud??

You're welcome i was at that game could not wait to get home to see the pass again i though i had imagined it the way it happened and when i saw it again it was perfection and to do it to two internationals Siuness and Wilkins, McStay was the maestro indeed HH see you around.
correct..rem it well., the Meastro was differnt class , plus ,even better oor team the noo is differnt class...yeeeha ?✨?

correct..rem it well., the Meastro was differnt class , plus ,even better oor team the noo is differnt class...yeeeha ?✨?
Defo we have an engine room with a heartbeat and thats the difference between a good team and a shit team, all pull in the same direction with the same objective, BR knew MD could not dictate would disrupt the flow it almost spilled out with DB, reinged in told whos boss, sign NTcham and eddie is happy to have a French Buddie. Good PR at CP despite the negative plonkers who write stories. HH

They claimed the footage was lost due to a strike by the BBC and then there was one claim that they filmed and forgot to take the lens cap off, this i find hard to believe if they claim to have only one camera at a game like a derby. Anyway the footage you put up was some dude in the Jungle who happened to have a cine camera, must have knew Celtic were going to clinch the title. This footage is in the DVD old firm classics. There is also footage of the Dukla Prague game in Dukla on the road to lisbon, no cameras were beaming back to Glasgow but some dude used his camera and took footage from a black and white tv, and is the worst footage ever, but still captures a mment in history. We really would have footage had we played on the moon best fans worldwide, HH.

I remember that game well . It was the BBC 's decision to film a Camanachd Cup game ( shinty to you and me ) rather than the match at Parkhead . Obviously that would attract so many more viewers than a wee football game which was only to decide the league .
It wasn't even on the radio . I seem to remember getting updates on the score from Tiger Tim's show on Radio Clyde .
People today would find it hard to believe the way Scottish football was looked down on by the media in the past ...hang on , they still do , don't they ?

Last edited:
Reactions: TET
european cup semi final! ffs, standin in the jungle,watchin celtic pull a "harlem globetrotters" on dukla then big TG rattled a free kick intae the net!!3-1 and willie was outstandin that night!!,ran hame tae watch the highlights,phuqin nothin!!!! a european cup semi final, a scottish team wi' a a chance, a great chance of gettin tae the final, fuq all all on the telly! phuq you scotland, we did it it!! ya begrudgin shower of cunts!!!!! oh, and i got a liftie!!!!

Brattbackk.

A decade of misery vanquished with one composed side-foot.

All jungle dreams came true and an era of inferiority ended in that one moment.

The joy in the stadium that day... Utterly epic.

Not my favourite goal for technique but just the sheer emotions when it went in was Henriks sclaff against Boavista in Oporto.

All game Boavista were time wasting and running down the clock. Even the ball boys were in on it.

When it went in all that pent up emotion came out. Perhaps some "get it up ye's" directed at small fatherless Portuguese.

Not to mention almost drowning in a sea of beer in the pub.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back