Follow the rulebook.It's that simple.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on PL, I agree his frugality sees us well placed to see out this crisis. However your final point respectfully doesn't stand up as we can still be a well run financially secure club and also invest in the squad to a level that gives us a much better chance of beating smaller teams and reaching the CL. And that's without addressing the gulf in class we experience in the groups as the elite routinely humiliate us. The eternal optimist in me hopes the fees we paid for Eddy and CJ are a sign we are moving away from our existing strategy and we now realise that it needs tweaked to allow us to incrementally increase the core quality of the squad to grow and improve without being reckless. Time will tell as obviously we head into a period of great uncertainty where its highly unlikely we spend anything, and rightly so.

No one is more disappointed than me that we are no longer a force in Europe...........and don't look like being anytime soon. The CL is nothing but a pipedream now for anyone other than the likes of Real Madrid, Barcalona etc.

I believe we aren't buying like for like when we sell on players like VVD and that is to our detriment in Europe. This year was a damning example of that. PL is buying for the EL as he knows we couldn't sustain a run in the CL for long whilst competing with the mega-rich EPL etc.

I'll bet he had the money earmarked for a new hotel or better dividends for himself and shareholders but whatever the reason, I'm glad he kept a lid on the biscuit tin so that we can survive this.

HH bigoodle โ˜˜

God only knows how long this pandemic will last,we all know the tragedy it is causing globally, but in the microcosm of football,every league in the world will lose clubs,tonight, a German journalist said,the Bundesliga had to start, as clubs faced financial ruin,he named Schalke as being one.
Clubs who are well run and financially prudent,stand a greater chance of survival,the financially doped leagues,are now realising how deep in the brown stuff they are,no games,no income,wages and operating costs through the roof,think there will be a huge reset required when football eventually starts,and this tragedy serves as a warning,that football, as an industry,must start living within it's means,"football without fans is nothing", football without television............ ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿฅณ

God only knows how long this pandemic will last,we all know the tragedy it is causing globally, but in the microcosm of football,every league in the world will lose clubs,tonight, a German journalist said,the Bundesliga had to start, as clubs faced financial ruin,he named Schalke as being one.
Clubs who are well run and financially prudent,stand a greater chance of survival,the financially doped leagues,are now realising how deep in the brown stuff they are,no games,no income,wages and operating costs through the roof,think there will be a huge reset required when football eventually starts,and this tragedy serves as a warning,that football, as an industry,must start living within it's means,"football without fans is nothing", football without television............ ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿฅณ
Think u will see a few in England go to the wall to. The wages there on are unbelievable. Even some of the championship club cud b at threat.

Guess who is late to the party and expecting mugs to pay for old hat

JJ
SGโ€™s part in the Whatโ€™sApp correspondence of the 9th/10th April will feature in the accompanying password protected article.

The appendix to the 80,000 word Dodgy Dossier is the smoking gun. The claims of bullying are manufactured.

As I was quick to point out, SGโ€™s call to BBC Sportsound and Douglas Parkโ€™s blistering statement were coordinated. There has been a concerted campaign over the weekend to present Rangers* as acting in the best interests of Scottish football.

Guess who is late to the party and expecting mugs to pay for old hat

JJ
SGโ€™s part in the Whatโ€™sApp correspondence of the 9th/10th April will feature in the accompanying password protected article.

The appendix to the 80,000 word Dodgy Dossier is the smoking gun. The claims of bullying are manufactured.

As I was quick to point out, SGโ€™s call to BBC Sportsound and Douglas Parkโ€™s blistering statement were coordinated. There has been a concerted campaign over the weekend to present Rangers* as acting in the best interests of Scottish football.
I wasn't really aware of this blogger until I read about him on here. Every time I've checked him out he comes across as a superior pompous arsehole who is constantly telling everyone just how brilliant and has his finger on the pulse while regurgitating stories I've already read elsewhere.

Back