Forget the cups next season

In the league or across all competitions?

If we restrict it to comps in scotland then i would say 13

Purely based on the unknown personnel and players coming back from injury

all competitions ie every game
Doc, I'm not sure if this is worthy of a case study, but I've got this thing where I actually prefer it if we have an absolute horror show in the pre-season.

It dates back to 87-88 when we were honking in pre-season and were humiliated by Arsenal. Since then, I've implanted it into my walnut-sized brain that Celtic tend to have a better season in competition after a poor pre-season, as opposed to when we sweep all before us.

There's no real basis of fact in this belief, it's just how I measure the anticipated level of success. By my reckoning - if Celtic get pummelled by a third-tier Austrian semi-pro side, then it's Champions League success for certain.

I'm putting my house and my rare collection of vintage Readers Wives magazines on it.

Yeah the league will always be the priority, followed by a respectable showing in Europe, then the Scottish Cup, and lastly the League Cup.

In saying that - when you look at our wage bill, especially under Rodgers, and the amount of bloody squad players he bought, they should be good enough for the 2 domestic cups.

What is the f.ucking point in paying guys like Gamboa £15k per week, but playing him every 6 months.

We should also be using maybe 2/3 of our best youth players in the cup games.

That would be far too normal though.

Brendan Rodgers was selfish to say the least, he basically ran Kieran Tierney into the ground, - we had him, McGregor etc playing more games than any other players in Europe.

All the while Jonny Hayes, Izzy, and Kouassi were usually up in the stand.

The squad management has been shocking recently.

We’re Celtic we play to win every game. But we’ve achieved the miracle of the Treble Rebel
Treble. This will not be done again.
So let’s get the 9,10,11,12,and 13 in a row make the league the priority gets us into the CL qualifying. Oh and I’m not stopping at 13 I’m greedy want more but when we get to 13 iar that’s 55 titles. Now who would that upset ? oh and by the way we will probably win more than our fair share of the cups. Cause we’re that good. But the League and getting to 10 and above. Priceless.
And seeing some of the Kids we have get game time also Priceless.

HH ?

Yeah the league will always be the priority, followed by a respectable showing in Europe, then the Scottish Cup, and lastly the League Cup.

In saying that - when you look at our wage bill, especially under Rodgers, and the amount of bloody squad players he bought, they should be good enough for the 2 domestic cups.

What is the f.ucking point in paying guys like Gamboa £15k per week, but playing him every 6 months.

We should also be using maybe 2/3 of our best youth players in the cup games.

That would be far too normal though.

Brendan Rodgers was selfish to say the least, he basically ran Kieran Tierney into the ground, - we had him, McGregor etc playing more games than any other players in Europe.

All the while Jonny Hayes, Izzy, and Kouassi were usually up in the stand.

The squad management has been shocking recently.

BR and LC have a lot to answer for imho.

Couple of jokers.

Yes BR has tactical nous but i found him applying it when it suited BR and not always for the benefit of Celtic.

LC don’t see any benefit at all.

Get the impression he sat with his feet up on his desk playing multiple choice. No great skill in that.

We’re Celtic we play to win every game. But we’ve achieved the miracle of the Treble Rebel
Treble. This will not be done again.
So let’s get the 9,10,11,12,and 13 in a row make the league the priority gets us into the CL qualifying. Oh and I’m not stopping at 13 I’m greedy want more but when we get to 13 iar that’s 55 titles. Now who would that upset ? oh and by the way we will probably win more than our fair share of the cups. Cause we’re that good. But the League and getting to 10 and above. Priceless.
And seeing some of the Kids we have get game time also Priceless.

HH ?

They said the Treble Treble wouldn’t be done Sam.

My thoughts on it, if we don’t do the Quad then its only because its strongly felt in some jealous quarters at the SFA and boardrooms around the country that we’re embarrassing the rest of them.

Truth is.... they embarrass themselves by asking a club that they slate to do them a favour and leave them a trophy

I say fuck that and fuck them. ✊

We can take the lot.

Remember their 9, all cheated and every minute they taunted us? Now their masters would like a favour? Fuck right off. ???

I don’t agree with saying let’s forget anything. That’s a slippery slope. Why not say to the board, get the fucking players in to ensure we win everything? Or at least set us up with a chance to do so. Defeatist let’s acceot we can’t win the lot is a mindset that once embarked upon is hard to reverse.

We play to win every game. If the players we buy don’t fit that mindset then they shouldn’t be there.

I don’t agree with saying let’s forget anything. That’s a slippery slope. Why not say to the board, get the fucking players in to ensure we win everything? Or at least set us up with a chance to do so. Defeatist let’s acceot we can’t win the lot is a mindset that once embarked upon is hard to reverse.

We play to win every game. If the players we buy don’t fit that mindset then they shouldn’t be there.

Hail Hail, that is the only mindset that should be shown imho.

Sooner or later we will lose a domestic cup match, no side has ever gone as many games in domestic cup competitions undefeated as this Celtic side. Neil Lennon has indicated that he wants to win another treble. The league of course is the priority, followed by getting to the group stages in Champions League but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have ambitions to win the league cup and Scottish Cup both for the fourth time in a row.

Sooner or later we will lose a domestic cup match, no side has ever gone as many games in domestic cup competitions undefeated as this Celtic side. Neil Lennon has indicated that he wants to win another treble. The league of course is the priority, followed by getting to the group stages in Champions League but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have ambitions to win the league cup and Scottish Cup both for the fourth time in a row.

We go in as Celtic, to win every game. And if we lose, we go down fighting. We never accept defeat before we take the field. Ever.

Celtic should aim to win or not lose every game that they play. Let's play a game. Starting with the first preseason game and i know we will play many youngsters how many games in a row do you reckon we can go in a row undefeated. My pick is 18.
18 is ambitious if griff comes back firing then our defence is solid also it could be more than 18 depends on the other clubs I expect killie to fall back after losing Clarke unless they produce another rabbit out of the hat for a manager. 18 id hope for at least in a 38 game league season HH

I agree with all of that WC ( that's the tiolet) ?seriously though I believe we should go all out for the league cup to keep the continuation of winning going bit the title is the priority if we lose in the SC as long as the rangers don't win it I'll have no problem with the double but we keep making history every season so I wouldn't put it past us for quad treble

I agree with all of that WC ( that's the tiolet) ?seriously though I believe we should go all out for the league cup to keep the continuation of winning going bit the title is the priority if we lose in the SC as long as the rangers don't win it I'll have no problem with the double but we keep making history every season so I wouldn't put it past us for quad treble
What would you rather Winter ,a quad treble or CL qualification?

They said the Treble Treble wouldn’t be done Sam.

My thoughts on it, if we don’t do the Quad then its only because its strongly felt in some jealous quarters at the SFA and boardrooms around the country that we’re embarrassing the rest of them.

Truth is.... they embarrass themselves by asking a club that they slate to do them a favour and leave them a trophy

I say fuck that and fuck them. ✊

We can take the lot.

Remember their 9, all cheated and every minute they taunted us? Now their masters would like a favour? Fuck right off. ???
Agree with you and TV. But the big picture is 9 then 10iar I also want to win the treble every year. But like Arsenal they play the Kids we can play our Kids and any of the new players
We get for the upcoming Season. The League Cup 4 rounds we pick a team to win depending on who we play. Our top performers have played a ridiculous amount of games these last 3 years KT Cal mac Rogic were and looked totally D Ducked. We looked shattered in the Scottish Cup Final.
So I’m not talking about walking away from these comps but using the Squad better.
I hope no ones gets offended by this but I really want to ram the following up the Huns I work with. I want to be a QuadroFeniantrebelus. But I want 9iar more
It’ll be the Second real one in my lifetime.
So winning everything would be great
But my reality check is the Celtic Board and the biscuit tin mentality. They not the Huns are more likely to stop us.

HH ?

HH ?[/QUOTE]
Agree JS ,as you said above we looked shattered in the cup final due to the amount of games we played.Would be great for the youngsters confidence playing in the cup games and gives them a chance to shine.The leagues the priority and don't think theres any fans more deserving of CL football than us,then theres the dosh we get if we qualify.HH

When you see the Treble clutch of trophies up close and personal in our trophy room, you know you want them going nowhere from there.

It really is a grand sight, seeing them all together.

Remember those trophies go out on tour to our CSC’s around the globe.

It is a beautiful sight at home in our trophy room.

Would be pissed if it was given to another club.

Agree with you and TV. But the big picture is 9 then 10iar I also want to win the treble every year. But like Arsenal they play the Kids we can play our Kids and any of the new players
We get for the upcoming Season. The League Cup 4 rounds we pick a team to win depending on who we play. Our top performers have played a ridiculous amount of games these last 3 years KT Cal mac Rogic were and looked totally D Ducked. We looked shattered in the Scottish Cup Final.
So I’m not talking about walking away from these comps but using the Squad better.
I hope no ones gets offended by this but I really want to ram the following up the Huns I work with. I want to be a QuadroFeniantrebelus. But I want 9iar more
It’ll be the Second real one in my lifetime.
So winning everything would be great
But my reality check is the Celtic Board and the biscuit tin mentality. They not the Huns are more likely to stop us.

HH ?

We have the highest wage bill suggesting top quality players in the likes of KT, Brown, Calmac, Ajer et al. Our kids have shown a capability of coming on and doing a job already for at least 45 minutes and were not shown up as lacking.

We get a few additions for the campaign and thank the players whohave given to the cause but lack the pace or goods going forward.

Porteous, ikpeazu, Marciano and Harper.

No reason to think for a second we might relinquish our cups to save our 9.

Our bhoys are capable. They have the Treble Treble after all. Now sure that couldn’t be done.

Back