From cradle to grave Res12 is a story of duplicity...

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
From cradle to grave Res12 is a story of duplicity. Now there’s a huge opportunity for the Celtic support...outstanding article by Niall J

Thanks to Auldheid for all he has done. You would not believe the backstabbing and the abuse he's had to endure. I'll ask him to pop on over the next few days to answer any points that Celtic Noise folk would like answering.

There is certainly something “fishy” going on, even to the casual observer, we can only guess at why it’s happening, why so much lies and cover up going on.
Our board say we’re “not half of anything “ with regard to the “old firm” brand, but the boards actions say otherwise, I can understand the renewal of our half of the “old firm” copyright to stop the blue half running amok with all sorts of merchandise and profiting for our name.
The Huns are “essential” to our business plan, wither we like it or not, the closure of the top tier when the Huns got liquidated, and the enviable drop in revenue, tv deal money etc

I firmly believe the board allow the Huns cart blanch to do as the need to in order to “survive” in some form or other, no doubt they broke the rules the liquidation season and shouldnt have been near the champions league, but they needed the money, or the chance to get the money, just as they needed it last season, so their covid cheating was overlooked, while our indiscretions heavily punished. Referees helping them out constantly when they need a sending off, or a penalty, it’s becoming a total farce

the worrying thing is that this season they’re in the same position, watch the cheating go off the scale 2nd half of the season to help then out, we have strengthened massively, but our board won’t call out the cheating 😡

After years of tiring work trying to bring about accountability to our game, to ultimately be sold down the river by the custodians of the club and still fight on until you are the last man standing is an incredible effort from Auldheid.

A recognition from lessons learnt that a handful, and then ultimately one person alone, cannot hold the board with their resources to account and in turn use our standing as Scotland’s biggest club to bring about change, would be the time most stood back.

To then realise from those experiences that the pulled resources of the worldwide diaspora with regular financial subscriptions and a pulling of the skillsets, contacts etc could work is an impressive idea.
It would be a fitting legacy if Auldheid could step back and simply be part of a collective of the support and shareholders, who could then could use their strength in numbers to ensure accountability going forward.
This can work if there is an appetite. It would also give Auldheid some time to get the whole story out in a book. I’d order an advanced copy of that right now :)
He certainly deserves all our thanks, but I get the impression he may prefer we showed that thanks by joining the membership service he envisages.

From 7 January 2020...

You did this...​

A great article on two levels :)
Two years on and Lawwell may be gone but nothing is changing in the governance of our game. A membership service could bring accountability but for a start it would challenge our own to be more transparent and ultimately pro-active.

A super article. Concise, to the point, accurate and revealing.

Every Celtic supporter and shareholder needs to ask themselves if they want they and their club to be used like this?

The disingenuous and duplicitous Peter Lawell, together with the complicit Celtic Board, are truly exposed for the shysters they are.

There is no place at Celtic for rats like these. And I genuinely apologise to the rat species for linking them to these people.

Celtic are a club with an ethos based on caring, decency, fairness, equality, courage and sportsmanship.

Well done Auldheid, and to all involved in exposing the true cancer within our club.
🍀 💚

Last edited:
Those of our custodians that were directly a party to any cover up and the 5 way agreement need to be named and shamed and shown the door.

Something tells me there’s more to this sorry state of affairs than the preservation of the so called Old Firm.

I think it may go much deeper than that and one day I trust it will all come out.

Time to stand up for integrity and demand accountability of our custodians.

I’ll be taking a membership.

Eternal thanks to Auldheid and the Resolutioners.

A great article on two levels :)
Two years on and Lawwell may be gone but nothing is changing in the governance of our game. A membership service could bring accountability but for a start it would challenge our own to be more transparent and ultimately pro-active.
Ever since sevco argued with the SFA that the licence for the 2011-12 season would need to be dealt with by the court of arbitration under the five-way agreement
they've become untouchable ,breaking every rule and doing wtf they like

while our lot stand around stunned and amazed

This is exactly the kind of proposition that is ideally suited to David Low’s skillset and the former Chairperson on The Celtic Trust may well be interested in this one

:unsure: i'd take a guess that his last ramblings that he was far to busy changed ,,,,,,,, did we all forget his interview with Larry

Then there's the Trust who let's be kind can't be trusted with a democratic vote

There's an idea there but there's alot of vipers around,at a wild guess it would be a hard sell

Sorry but I still don't see what can be achieved by continuing to keep dragging up muck from years ago has to much relevance upon what is happening upon the football pitch today where my focus remains upon.
Yes agreements were made with money been the main factor at a time when Scottish football faced such an uncertain future.
So what I don't understand is to why our supporters /shareholders who lost money upon the decisions made at the time haven't sued the appropriate authorities to actually get the answers and compansation they would be owed still?
I don't see any value upon living in the past still when that ship has long ago set sail.
No doubt there are dirty hands within the board who have let the scummy hun bastards take full advantage of the situation and held Scottish football to ransom ever since.
Is it that hard to come clean to be able to tackle the problems that still exist within Scottish football today?
There still seems only a small number within the support that the decisions made actually effected financially, yet the campaign against the board will continue to grow legs, so is it any wonder that the stay silent approach has been chosen instead of being able to tackle the existing problems of today?
The current board are near enough unmovable and even more so imo by trying to gain answers now that is going to change nothing that went on years ago now.
Can a truce be found?
Dosen't seem that way imo, so the black cloud remains over the club and the existing problems within Scottish football continues to gather pace still.
Not a easy solution to find I admit, but living in the past serves no use to the present of the club either imo.

Sorry but I still don't see what can be achieved by continuing to keep dragging up muck from years ago has to much relevance upon what is happening upon the football pitch today where my focus remains upon.
Yes agreements were made with money been the main factor at a time when Scottish football faced such an uncertain future.
So what I don't understand is to why our supporters /shareholders who lost money upon the decisions made at the time haven't sued the appropriate authorities to actually get the answers and compansation they would be owed still?
I don't see any value upon living in the past still when that ship has long ago set sail.
No doubt there are dirty hands within the board who have let the scummy hun bastards take full advantage of the situation and held Scottish football to ransom ever since.
Is it that hard to come clean to be able to tackle the problems that still exist within Scottish football today?
There still seems only a small number within the support that the decisions made actually effected financially, yet the campaign against the board will continue to grow legs, so is it any wonder that the stay silent approach has been chosen instead of being able to tackle the existing problems of today?
The current board are near enough unmovable and even more so imo by trying to gain answers now that is going to change nothing that went on years ago now.
Can a truce be found?
Dosen't seem that way imo, so the black cloud remains over the club and the existing problems within Scottish football continues to gather pace still.
Not a easy solution to find I admit, but living in the past serves no use to the present of the club either imo.
To be fair I think that’s the point.

Duplicity ultimately defeated Res12, and lessons have been learned in the process. Auldheid has explained all of that and given a trail of exchanges and information from 2013- now, that outline the communications and how the goalposts were moved and why it ultimately failed. As such history is presented with a view to learning lessons for the future.

This was a long grass approach from the Celtic Board, designed to drag out the process and bore those challenging into submission. To ultimately challenge that legally was going to be prohibitively expensive if it went to court and if the case wasn’t successful – these are not wealthy men. Determined and knowledgeable yes - but rich? No.

So now it’s over but what remains? The same board and the same problems remain in Scottish football. A club emboldened by a 5WA, Celtic hamstrung by their complicity and governing bodies, a compliant media, and even the law courts playing along to the same tune.

So, with a disparate set of organisations, but a lot of skills within each group, never mind the skillsets out there of lots of individual Celtic supporters not involved in any group, could come together, fund ourselves and pull our abilities and skills and contacts together and ultimately try and bring future, current and not necessarily, past issues to the fore.

Ultimately that’s about reaching the point of accountability, trying to challenge a rigged game, from lowly referees all the way to those who are responsible for running our game.

There may be other ideas, no-one is saying this would even work, but in my own opinion - in theory - it could. The alternative is we just chatter about the injustices of past, present and future. I think if anything has been learned is an ability to mobilise, when necessary, might be effective.

It may not be needed, if our new CEO, even if not publicly renouncing past issues, leads the way in challenging the governing bodies to modernised and calls out future issues on our behalf. I guess you never know he might. But just in case something to hold his feet to the fire might help.

Last edited:
This is exactly the kind of proposition that is ideally suited to David Low’s skillset and the former Chairperson on The Celtic Trust may well be interested in this one

:unsure: i'd take a guess that his last ramblings that he was far to busy changed ,,,,,,,, did we all forget his interview with Larry

Then there's the Trust who let's be kind can't be trusted with a democratic vote

There's an idea there but there's alot of vipers around,at a wild guess it would be a hard sell
It needn't be David Low, after all it's about grouping resources, but a figure say Willie Haughey as another example who culd unite and initially fund the start up process, or a group, would probably give the necessary impetus financially and give it exposure.

It needn't be David Low, after all it's about grouping resources, but a figure say Willie Haughey as another example who culd unite and initially fund the start up process, or a group, would probably give the necessary impetus financially and give it exposure.
Have to disagree
we don't need a figure head to stand behind , Haugheys an ex board member ,no thanks , in 94 it was ordinary fans who made change stuck to there principals and fought a good fight and never let anyone in to change the narrative

If you can't sell it to the fans then it's a dead duck , there's enough blogs and supporters associations to sit down and garner support ,bounce ideas and get a feel of how the grass roots support feels about it

Seeing as the boards standing is so low just now it would be an ideal time to strike

it was always going to be a hard sell the way it was laid out so it was easy to switch it to the us versus oldco and it worked ,throw in us winning and nobody then wanted to look under stones

It's Aulheids baw if him and the rest of the Res 12 guys aren't up to lead the fight then it will be hard to get this off the ground

I'd back him and the group all the way but as he's already found out others won't fight the same fight

Have to disagree
we don't need a figure head to stand behind , Haugheys an ex board member ,no thanks , in 94 it was ordinary fans who made change stuck to there principals and fought a good fight and never let anyone in to change the narrative

If you can't sell it to the fans then it's a dead duck , there's enough blogs and supporters associations to sit down and garner support ,bounce ideas and get a feel of how the grass roots support feels about it

Seeing as the boards standing is so low just now it would be an ideal time to strike

it was always going to be a hard sell the way it was laid out so it was easy to switch it to the us versus oldco and it worked ,throw in us winning and nobody then wanted to look under stones

It's Aulheids baw if him and the rest of the Res 12 guys aren't up to lead the fight then it will be hard to get this off the ground

I'd back him and the group all the way but as he's already found out others won't fight the same fight
I think there is a chicken and egg situation with this. Start a Membership service and ask everyone to pay into it, or get it up and running, show what it is, and then entice subscribers with something that is tangible.

Bearing in mind Auldheid said(from memory) his vision was one that pulled together the skill sets and expertise of the Celtic diaspora in a joined up and professional manner, A service that employed rather than had volunteers with other jobs, in roles such as administrative staff to deal with and process members concerns, subs etc, analysis staff to ensure the issues concerning the fans were picked up via social media and other organisations etc - a management position to oversee it all daily and IT support(maybe even an external agency) employed to look after what would amount to a business portal that all members can access and all can communicate through. Then via their held details including their skillset could be called upon when needed and be contacted for their advice and even leverage on all manner of subject matters.

Now you can wait and hope enough people subscribe to what amounts to an idea, or you can find an individual, or a smaller group who can put up the money and set it up like a business from the off and evidence and communicate what it is.

The individual or a group perhaps doesn’t matter particularly, and both examples given are merely my suggestions. My own feeling is someone willing to front up the initial funding and expertise to start it as a going concern, may also find it advantageous if they had a profile the support could trust to raise the profile of the membership service and reach the wider support, here and hopefully beyond Scotland.

I think there is a chicken and egg situation with this. Start a Membership service and ask everyone to pay into it, or get it up and running, show what it is, and then entice subscribers with something that is tangible.

Bearing in mind Auldheid said(from memory) his vision was one that pulled together the skill sets and expertise of the Celtic diaspora in a joined up and professional manner, A service that employed rather than had volunteers with other jobs, in roles such as administrative staff to deal with and process members concerns, subs etc, analysis staff to ensure the issues concerning the fans were picked up via social media and other organisations etc - a management position to oversee it all daily and IT support(maybe even an external agency) employed to look after what would amount to a business portal that all members can access and all can communicate through. Then via their held details including their skillset could be called upon when needed and be contacted for their advice and even leverage on all manner of subject matters.

Now you can wait and hope enough people subscribe to what amounts to an idea, or you can find an individual, or a smaller group who can put up the money and set it up like a business from the off and evidence and communicate what it is.

The individual or a group perhaps doesn’t matter particularly, and both examples given are merely my suggestions. My own feeling is someone willing to front up the initial funding and expertise to start it as a going concern, may also find it advantageous if they had a profile the support could trust to raise the profile of the membership service and reach the wider support, here and hopefully beyond Scotland.
A reasonable idea Niall, but doomed for failure before it even gets off the ground imo.
Why?
Because you have the unmovable object within the Scottish FA, who have shown no interest in bringing the Scottish game up to modern standards, by letting it remain at a backwards league now compared with the modern standards, especially within Europe.
A decent technical ability remains a must for most modern players these days, yet the hammer throwers still warrant a place within the Scottish game. Nearly every league worldwide has taken that approach now, and the proof is in the fact no other team in Scotland outside of Glasgow, can even compete within European league level in any competition still.
An embarrassing fact that the Scottish FA still refuse to address.
A simple solution is to look at the standards of the mib's not being able to apply the rules of the game, in fact promoting the hammer throwers by letting them get away with challenges that would be worthy of red cards in any other league in the world, yet in Scotland, celtic do well to even get a free kick.
The scum fucks set a tone, especially last season with the mib's following suit and seems everyone else is prepared to copy now, so basically Scottish football remains in the 80s and 90s still with its approach still.
Aggression in the modern game is about the speed of the closing down of a player by pressing, not as what's rampant in Scotland, trying to kick lumps out of the oppersition player still.
So now I hope Ange does bring about the changes Scottish football desperately needs, and the standards the game needs, to be able to get anyway near what the Scottish game once was regarded as, but nowadays become more of a joke than anything else.
We need to start smashing these shit teams like livingstone, put 10 goals plus past the likes of such shit, then maybe teams might start to cop themselves on.
Alongside Ange, hopefully Shaun Maloney might do the same with hibs, broony with the sheep, etc etc and hopefully the celtic philosophy will finally end the hun mentality that has bought the game down in Scotland to where it is at present.
No solutions to res 12 and 5 way agreements are going to change on what is on offer within Scottish football at present imo.
Ange needs every bit of support on offer at present, from everybody within celtic to bring about the changes the Scottish game desperately needed years ago, but remained in idle by letting sevco scum (SS) remain relevant.
So hopefully now, the plan is to let our football do the talking until the rest of Scotland can cop itself on and realise there approach to the game remains backward and shame upon the media of not being able to face up to the facts, where keeping scum relevant to them takes priority still, with the backing of the Scottish FA and SPFL

Last edited:
A reasonable idea Niall, but doomed for failure before it even gets off the ground imo.
Why?
Because you have the unmovable object within the Scottish FA, who have shown no interest in bringing the Scottish game up to modern standards, by letting it remain at a backwards league now compared with the modern standards, especially within Europe.
A decent technical ability remains a must for most modern players these days, yet the hammer throwers still warrant a place within the Scottish game. Nearly every league worldwide has taken that approach now, and the proof is in the fact no other team in Scotland outside of Glasgow, can even compete within European league level in any competition still.
A simple solution is to look at the standards of the mib's not being able to apply the rules of the game, in fact promoting the hammer throwers by letting them get away with challenges that would be worthy of red cards in any other league in the world, yet in Scotland, celtic do well to even get a free kick.
The scum fucks set a tone, especially last season with the mib's following suit and seems everyone else is prepared to copy now, so basically Scottish football remains in the 80s and 90s still with its approach still.
Aggression in the modern game is about the speed of the closing down of a player by pressing, not as what's rampant in Scotland, trying to kick lumps out of the oppersition player still.
So now I hope Ange does bring about the changes Scottish football desperately needs, and the standards the game needs, to be able to get anyway near what the Scottish game once was regarded as, but nowadays become more of a joke than anything else.
We need to start smashing these shit teams like livingstone, put 10 goals plus past the likes of such shit, then maybe teams might start to cop themselves on.
Alongside Ange, hopefully Shaun Maloney might do the same with hibs, broony with the sheep, etc etc and hopefully the celtic philosophy will finally end the hun mentality that has bought the game down in Scotland to where it is at present.
No solutions to res 12 and 5 way agreements are going to change on what is on offer within Scottish football at present imo.
Ange needs every bit of support on offer at present, from everybody within celtic to bring about the changes the Scottish game desperately needed years ago, but remained in idle by letting sevco scum (SS) remain relevant.
So hopefully now, the plan is to let our football do the talking until the rest of Scotland can cop itself on and realise there approach to the game remains backward and shame upon the media of not being able to face up to the facts, where keeping scum relevant to them takes priority still, with the backing of the Scottish FA and SPFL
I do love the idea that football, like love, romantically conquers all and seeps into every facet and there is evolution rather than revolution. I hope you are right, I don't see it, but I hope you are right.

The fiercest resistance to Res 12 was David Low in a manner that would rule him out of leading a Membership Service that requires integrity to work. Pity as his skillset would have been useful.

Have to disagree

I think you have covered every aspect. What needs to happen is to establish what kind of service Celtic supporters want to see created. A feasibility study as I remember the term. That needs investment from the start. I have my own views now that we need to go legal in terms of Company Law and Football Law and if the feasibility study concurred, even though it carries risk, then a lot of subscription money would be spent on legal fees drawing attention to where Celtic may be in breach of Company Law 2006 see https://sentinelcelts.com/2021/06/08/directors-responsibilities-and-remedies/ and SFA of UEFA FFP Articles and questioning from a knowledgably basis Licensing Decision taken by SFA.

In short instead of asking if something is amiss which leaves power and control with the football authorities and clubs (see Res12 narrative), supporters tell them they have acted questionably and what are they going to do about it.

More could be added I'm sure like fighting the supporters corner if police have overstepped the mark. A debate on what service supporters want is one worth having with no preconceived ideas it will never work, an excuse for not engaging but a beneficiary if it does work.

Why?
I agree the SFA have shown no interest in improving Scottish football but that is because there is no concerted voice for supporters of all clubs to make the SFA move.

The idea they will not move ignores that in 2012 it was the concerted supporter voice that made SPL clubs, then SFL clubs fans protest against parachuting Sevco into anything but the bottom tier. It happened because it was so obviously wrong from the sporting angle that it took little organised effort to create the protest.

What a Membership Service would do is harness the same kind of feelings on any issue and present the case for reform, which might include Refereeing, Club Licensing/Dometic FFP and even club ownership (see https://celticunderground.net/sfa-reform-one-down-three-to-go/ ) .

Although aimed at Celtic supporters to make the Board accountable The Scottish Football Supporters Association might see merit in promoting the idea with other clubs as they share your views on the state of Scottish football, so you are not alone in your thoughts of no football improvement but are alone in thinking nothing will change.

We also need to take the hope out of the plan being set, we should be demanding it and just as Celtic's decline is against a background of duplicity our improvement will come as result of the restoration of integrity. Apparently the working atmosphere inside Celtic Park has lightened considerably with the departure of Lawwell and the more open approach from Nicholson.

If we get things put right at boardroom level the decisions they take will produce improved performance, it is not the other way round. What happens on the park is a result the thinking of Board members and the policies they adopt. Get that right and the football improves and the Board get less hassle and everyone is happy, especially if it quietens The Rangers Noise.

Can a truce be found?
I think Nial has answered the point about looking back.
'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. '
and if you read the frame around which the Res12 Narrative originally presented on Phil's blog it is about closure on the past and looking to the future based on the actual experience of what works and what doesn't.

This is not a campaign against The Board. Res12 never was as is clear from the opening section where the subject raised with Lawwell was SFA Reform and if that happens then every Celtic supporter will benefit.

It was very disappointing to find out Celtic are part of the problem and not part of the solution and that should give many lots to think about.

Perhaps they would rather not because holding two conflicting ideas in mind at the same time is stressful. I went into this thinking Celtic were Lobby Dosser and the rest Rank Bad Yin and came out realising there was no Sherriff only Bad Yins..

That is very disconcerting to have to come to terms with so the narrative gets reframed into an issue that is less uncomfortable. See cognitive dissonance https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-cognitive-dissonance-2795012

and for younger readers ( https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/lobey-dosser )

Back