Green brigade banner today an embarrassment

I am not a fan of Rod Stewart's music as a teen of 1977 when people like Joe Strummer called all these dick-heads out :cool:. (That's a whole other debate). However, Rod does what he does and promotes Celtic positively at every turn but has never really been politically astute. Indeed, lets be honest there are not many rock stars who would have recorded Grace if they were politically astute. Accused of exploiting Republicanism as a recording star - seriously?

There are people on the Celtic Board who have been Tory voters through generations. An anti-Tory banner is always going to be popular with the majority but an anti-Rod banner (for me) is a bit of a liberty to be honest. Would be a shame if people were put off coming to Celtic Park because of their political beliefs. I would die before voting Tory but I respect the right of other supporters to vote as they see fit. That's why we are not them. What about young Frimpong - that's what we should all be talking about today.

The Green brigade collect Food Parcels for FOOD Banks. Think on that so fair play to them for having a go at The Wealthy Tories in the 5th richest Cuntry in the world 🌍.
and Anyone who supports them well they’re all right by me.
Aye Rods a Celtic fan So is Dermott and PL and Bankier and most probably most of the Board
The Tories look after the wealthy. Fuck the unhealthy and blame a world wide banking crisis on wee Mary the single Wummin with 2 fatherless kids.
So having a go at Rod wasn’t enough they should have had a pop at the rest of the heartless bastards that turn there nose up at the poorest in society and tell them to get on thur bikes.
Rantover

HH 👏
Torrancetim was that the same papers who gave us Rod embarrassing us

ROD AND REELING Rangers claim Celtic-mad Rod Stewart was ‘directed to exit’ for goading director’s teenage son after final

The same ones who denied their own stories to create a false narrative that liquidation means survival

View attachment 5850
it was graham park ,hardly a teenager the guys in his 50s but then 1 adult rippin the pish out of another adult ain't much of a story

I am not a fan of Rod Stewart's music as a teen of 1977 when people like Joe Strummer called all these dick-heads out :cool:. (That's a whole other debate). However, Rod does what he does and promotes Celtic positively at every turn but has never really been politically astute. Indeed, lets be honest there are not many rock stars who would have recorded Grace if they were politically astute. Accused of exploiting Republicanism as a recording star - seriously?

There are people on the Celtic Board who have been Tory voters through generations. An anti-Tory banner is always going to be popular with the majority but an anti-Rod banner (for me) is a bit of a liberty to be honest. Would be a shame if people were put off coming to Celtic Park because of their political beliefs. I would die before voting Tory but I respect the right of other supporters to vote as they see fit. That's why we are not them. What about young Frimpong - that's what we should all be talking about today.
Well said Goldfinch! ☘ 🍺

It's about time the GB took a long hard look at themselves Showing this sort of crap on match days gets Celtic FC noticed for all the wrong reasons It's bread and butter to the SMSM It doesn't matter what people's political and religious persuasions are as long as they love the club they support So come on GB do something memorable and make us proud of the club we support. Don't cause shame and embarrassment bringing us down to the same level as the morons from Ibrox because if you do that's all you be just another set of morons doing their club more harm than good Get a grip GB and rise above it

Boab , have no quibble with most of your post , I fucking hate the Tories , as much as anyone , but rod Stewart getting attacked today is bang out of order, he expressed a choice , not my choice but his , and I don’t slate him for that , it’s his choice , we are a club open to all , we are not the Huns , we are not them , this is how they would react , rod , promotes the club everywhere , he is a fan the same as me and you , this pish about making money from singing grace is laughable , did you buy his album because it was on it ??
Give the man a break he is a good Tim , same as me and you
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

It's about time the GB took a long hard look at themselves Showing this sort of crap on match days gets Celtic FC noticed for all the wrong reasons It's bread and butter to the SMSM It doesn't matter what people's political and religious persuasions are as long as they love the club they support So come on GB do something memorable and make us proud of the club we support. Don't cause shame and embarrassment bringing us down to the same level as the morons from Ibrox because if you do that's all you be just another set of morons doing their club more harm than good Get a grip GB and rise above it
👍👍👍👍👍

They really come across as a bunch of clowns with this sort of patter in a football stadium. “Fuck off Rod”....seriously...they’ll all be high fiving each other in the playground tomorrow.

If they feel so strongly about all of this, why don’t they head over to Holyrood/Westminster with there political banners and hold it up there, NOT IN OUR FOOTBALL STADIUM!! They claim not to speak for everyone, but they know fine well whatever they hold up gets stuck to Celtic and Celtic fans alike.I don’t get why they think they have the right to be allowed to do this, free speech or not, its a game of football and should be treated as such.

I respect anyones right to vote for whoever they want and I want my right respected to not to be associated with comments like these. Embarrassing!

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

The Green Brigade are just a bunch of wee laddies with no experience of life trying to force their indoctrinated views on others. This about sums up why Labour lost so heavily.

The Green Brigade are just a bunch of wee laddies with no experience of life trying to force their indoctrinated views on others. This about sums up why Labour lost so heavily.
And you really don't see yourself as trying to force your own "indoctrinated views on others", Thai Phoon???

After the endless drivel you have spouted and uploaded on this site, do you not even feel slightly hypocritical that you came up with that comment?

As for your own "experience of life", then just consider some of the shite that you boil up on here and seriously think about how ridiculous you sound when you say it out loud.

Back