Green Brigade.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I love what they bring to our club.
Got to the stage now steviebhoy that I no longer can determine weather they are supporting the club or using the club for their own self importance now.
Now one thing I am sick and tired of, and this is coming from a huge fan of Irish rebel songs, is there constant songbook during matches.
We have far better song choices than what they want to revel in, and a time and place for the likes imo.
Make more sense if any of them have actually stood in a band of men, but they haven't, and hope a time never arises again when that could ever surface again.
Celtic on match days has to be about supporting CELTIC and still remain unconvinced this is really there ultimate goal still.
Time to change and rethink there ways imo.

Got to the stage now steviebhoy that I no longer can determine weather they are supporting the club or using the club for their own self importance now.
Now one thing I am sick and tired of, and this is coming from a huge fan of Irish rebel songs, is there constant songbook during matches.
We have far better song choices than what they want to revel in, and a time and place for the likes imo.
Make more sense if any of them have actually stood in a band of men, but they haven't, and hope a time never arises again when that could ever surface again.
Celtic on match days has to be about supporting CELTIC and still remain unconvinced this is really there ultimate goal still.
I hear you. That said we can all sit with our pies and bovril and have a nice sedate(quiet atmosphere if you can call it that) without them. Truth is they create the noise or instigate it.

Are you goin soft in your oul age John?
Let them at it.....

I hear you. That said we can all sit with our pies and bovril and have a nice sedate(quiet atmosphere if you can call it that) without them. Truth is they create the noise or instigate it.
I strongly believe a much better noise would be created within Celtic Park by using the Celtic songbook more than the Irish rebel songbook imo.
And hoopys favourite drum is dictating that 😂

Must be deadner, cause I would have been in the thick of them in days gone by
That's why I said let them at it. Most of us has done it at some stage, so it's a bit hypocritical to tell them to stop it.
As I've said before, if people don't like it then start singing the songs you do like.
The fact is, if you remove them the place is dead. They make the atmosphere.

I cannot believe that without the GB Celtic Park wouldn’t have an atmosphere, Ive been going there since the late 60’s and experienced fantastic nights without them.
Just as no player is bigger than the club, no fan group is either, Celtic Park would continue to have a fantastic atmosphere if they stopped now.
That’s not an anti GB sentiment, just fact.

As I’ve said before sometimes think what they do is brilliant without a doubt. Then other times when their looking for a bit of publicity and they need to be seen as crazy mental take no shit ultras then I believe they can take things too far.
As much as the tiffo last week at the sevco derby was brilliant and looked class and added a lot to the atmosphere, I’m sure they are well aware that the flares and fire works are not going to be allowed and something is going to get done about it with fines and parts of the stadium closed.
When it comes to atmosphere at parkhead the stadium now depends on them to start the songs because it has now become the norm, but I’m sure if they weren’t there we could go back to the old days pre ultras.
The thing with the rebel songs is there is better times and places to sing them but I’m certainly not against hearing them but the timing of them sometimes do my nut in like needing a goal later in the game and we get to hear the boys of the old brigade or whatever when we’re needing a good old Celtic chant or player song to get the team up for the fight.
The banners last week where top class about them being dead and the 55 and 150 thing is just total pish more of the same please!

Can be no doubts the Green Brigade create a great atmosphere with some spectacular tifos over the years and of course their charity work is never particularly focused on by the media nor our board for that matter but is to be congratulated.

Is there time running out in their current guise ? As has been said they split opinion whether it be the songbook,the protests, political demos or the unsafe use of fireworks. I personally prefer the displays without the pyros and flares as it is clear it is deemed as dangerous and will eventually catch up with them with injury the inevitable result.
Maybe they can use the large streamer cannons and get back to the larger stadium tifos that we all enjoy. I still think there is a place for them but they may need to compromise.

I cannot believe that without the GB Celtic Park wouldn’t have an atmosphere, Ive been going there since the late 60’s and experienced fantastic nights without them.
Just as no player is bigger than the club, no fan group is either, Celtic Park would continue to have a fantastic atmosphere if they stopped now.
That’s not an anti GB sentiment, just fact.
Recently the GB were silent for a couple of games. The atmosphere was zilch.

I always preferred away games to home games apart from european nights the atmosphere would be crackin and the rebs was always part of the away game song book kinda a show of defiance but there non the less it was there
as for atmosphere at home it tailed off when the GB started maybe it's the younger generation cant be arsed starting off the singing in there sections or a case of we'll join in when the GB start , or am eatin ma pie n drinkin ma coffee first ,,,,,days of the macaroons n spearmint chewing gum long gone

I always preferred away games to home games apart from european nights the atmosphere would be crackin and the rebs was always part of the away game song book kinda a show of defiance but there non the less it was there
as for atmosphere at home it tailed off when the GB started maybe it's the younger generation cant be arsed starting off the singing in there sections or a case of we'll join in when the GB start , or am eatin ma pie n drinkin ma coffee first ,,,,,days of the macaroons n spearmint chewing gum long gone
Usually when someone stands up to sing some grumpy auld bassa tells him to sit doon.

GB have the standing section and never really sat down anyway, the bhoys section is at the other end up top and they create a decent atmosphere, but again they are all standing albeit its a seated area.

As I said if one or two in other areas try its mostly ignored especially by the sit doon cfc.

Latest posts

Back