Green Brigade.

Pyro's do add something to the atmosphere, but so does pulling a polythene bag over yer heid during copulation, ( so am telt) but it's a tad dodgy......choices, choices?
It looks supremely awesome frank but the gods honest truth imho is that our tifos are special anyway and the pyros are dangerous especially if you've taken the bairn to the game and you're 20 feet away , gas mask material and the club are now taking action against it , we don't need that, I've athsema and wouldnt fancy being amongst the pyros or smoke bombs never mind my son. Celtic v Barcelona the tifo for 125 years of celtic was a spectacle to behold, I'm not saying that we shouldnt use pyros but the club clearly are, tifos arent dangerous but ill ask everyone here , who would take their child into that?

It looks supremely awesome frank but the gods honest truth imho is that our tifos are special anyway and the pyros are dangerous especially if you've taken the bairn to the game and you're 20 feet away , gas mask material and the club are now taking action against it , we don't need that, I've athsema and wouldnt fancy being amongst the pyros or smoke bombs never mind my son. Celtic v Barcelona the tifo for 125 years of celtic was a spectacle to behold, I'm not saying that we shouldnt use pyros but the club clearly are, tifos arent dangerous but ill ask everyone here , who would take their child into that?
Completely agree Winter. We've some very talented bhoys and ghirls amongst that particular group of supporters, tifos are at times stunning without doubt. Pyros are a different matter though, shows a bit of disregard for the health and safety of others.

The pyro does look spectacular at times and it is used by ultra groups across Europe, often more extensively than here. But I get the safety concerns.

As for the songbook, for me there definitely needs to be more Celtic songs. But this is not exclusive to the Green Brigade. Supporting Celtic and supporting Irish republicanism are not the same thing. Even the use of the Irish tricolour, that is not actually a Celtic flag.

I have been to too many away matches where this stuff has been more prominent than anything else. It has felt at times that an agenda is being pushed first, supporting Celtic second.

I'm saying this as someone who would support Irish republicanism, but personally that is not why I go to Celtic games at Fir Park or Tynecastle or wherever.

The pyro does look spectacular at times and it is used by ultra groups across Europe, often more extensively than here. But I get the safety concerns.

As for the songbook, for me there definitely needs to be more Celtic songs. But this is not exclusive to the Green Brigade. Supporting Celtic and supporting Irish republicanism are not the same thing. Even the use of the Irish tricolour, that is not actually a Celtic flag.

I have been to too many away matches where this stuff has been more prominent than anything else. It has felt at times that an agenda is being pushed first, supporting Celtic second.

I'm saying this as someone who would support Irish republicanism, but personally that is not why I go to Celtic games at Fir Park or Tynecastle or wherever.
I think flying the Tricolour at CP is perfectly legitimate considering our beginnings. At one time, high above the old main stand, we had three flagpoles.
The middle one was slightly higher than the other two, on which The Saltyre and The Lion Rampant were flown. On the highest pole flew The Union flag. Strange but true.

I strongly believe a much better noise would be created within Celtic Park by using the Celtic songbook more than the Irish rebel songbook imo.
And hoopys favourite drum is dictating that 😂
In my own opinion, for what it's worth :YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE ' is the ultimate feel good song sung at CP
Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and is offensive to no one. Why else would we sing it if we go behind? HH🍀

I think flying the Tricolour at CP is perfectly legitimate considering our beginnings. At one time, high above the old main stand, we had three flagpoles.
The middle one was slightly higher than the other two, on which The Saltyre and The Lion Rampant were flown. On the highest pole flew The Union flag. Strange but true.
I would NOT be supportive of going back to that !

It is totally fine that the tricolour is flown from the stand at CP. It's just what I feel is the more excessive use of rebel songs etc that I am not so comfortable with.

Members online

Latest posts

Back