• Doom Merchant

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I'll tell you after the Hun game

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Doom Clapper/Happy Merchant

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm neither of the options. I believe we will come good and win the league, but there may be some highs and lows on the way. Hopefully we will pick the Scottish Cup too, but we know too well what can happen in a one off match.

I do have a bit of a fear for Europe now. I really did think we would invest in 3 or 4 players better than we already had plus replace any starting departures with similar quality. Instead, it looks to me like we have gone for quantity rather than quality.

We already had to offload some deadwood but look to have bought lots of inexperienced youngsters hoping for another VVD / Wanyama to sell for huge profit, so more excess players. That is a fine plan if we are able play and develop these players, but that is not often possible with every game of ours being must win. So at least a few of youngsters will turn out to be failures so wasting several £million - a recurring feature for us over the last 10-20 years.

So instead of thinking we could do ourselves justice and maybe get a third place finish in the group stages I am hoping we can pick up some points and not get a thrashing in any of the matches. Overall, I am disappointed in our approach this summer, but I'm not feeling doom about it.

Fingers crossed it works out well this season. Either way, we will still all support Celtic if we win, lose or draw and win trophies or get feck all. Mon the Hoops 🍀

Only Celtic can stop Celtic from winning the league. Same as every year since Rangers died.
I was the doomiest doom merchant during Lennon Mk 2.
I believed then as I do now that TIAR was sabotaged from within for the sake of the long term business model.
Do I trust this board not to do something similar to maintain the illusion of competition?
Do I fuck.
We have better players than the competition as is and have a massive financial advantage to ensure we always have better players.
There is no excuse so anything less than the league title would be totally inexcusable.

I'm neither of the options. I believe we will come good and win the league, but there may be some highs and lows on the way. Hopefully we will pick the Scottish Cup too, but we know too well what can happen in a one off match.

I do have a bit of a fear for Europe now. I really did think we would invest in 3 or 4 players better than we already had plus replace any starting departures with similar quality. Instead, it looks to me like we have gone for quantity rather than quality.

We already had to offload some deadwood but look to have bought lots of inexperienced youngsters hoping for another VVD / Wanyama to sell for huge profit, so more excess players. That is a fine plan if we are able play and develop these players, but that is not often possible with every game of ours being must win. So at least a few of youngsters will turn out to be failures so wasting several £million - a recurring feature for us over the last 10-20 years.

So instead of thinking we could do ourselves justice and maybe get a third place finish in the group stages I am hoping we can pick up some points and not get a thrashing in any of the matches. Overall, I am disappointed in our approach this summer, but I'm not feeling doom about it.

Fingers crossed it works out well this season. Either way, we will still all support Celtic if we win, lose or draw and win trophies or get feck all. Mon the Hoops 🍀
I agree bb,a think Rodgers also thot he was going to be buying three or four quality players?looks like he’s been gazumped aswell…in fairness he’s not been able to play our full strength starting eleven due to freaky injury list,got give him that time…

:rolleyes:f fecks sake am about to call the samaritans 😴😴😴

Bridie there is the serious probability we go into the games in the next two weeks with Big Joe , Ralston Lagerbielke Scales and Taylor in defence 🙈...with a midfield of Calmac O'Riley and well your guess is as good as mine.... ....Daizen kyogo and Abada up front who get very limited service during the pass back tippy tappy BR build up .

If the doom doesn't kick in this weekend regrettably mate I fear it's only a matter of time ...September is looking odds on though 💚

Has to be after the hun game for me.

Not because it defines the season but getting the team geared up and ready is an early nail in the hun coffin.

PSV have to play thier part in this madcap chain of events. We also need to show vast improvement on sat.

I'm pulling no punches on what I've seen so far. The transistion and injuries have played a massive part.

But...

The players aren't up to speed. Simple as that. A bit of good football at the weekend will go a long way.

Buck needs to get the lads onside, educated and ready to play whatever tactics he is trying to implement.

Keep in mind this dip in performances started at the tail end of last season.
What we haven't seen is the full blooded rush that most players get with a new manager coming in.

The big bucks move Jota got turned heads. Ange getting his payday also.

It's definitely a contributing factor.

The CL isn't far away and I don't hold hight hopes for the outcome bar a miracle.

We will see.

Not impossible to kickstart. I'm not all doom , I'm not clapping so the huns are my first measurable test.

Back