• Doom Merchant

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I'll tell you after the Hun game

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Doom Clapper/Happy Merchant

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The media has a big part to play in the fan base psyche. They have been pushing "sevco great" "Celtic crap" for years and guess what, when you speak to anyone, "I don't read or believe what the papers say", but guess what, after a defeat they spout the same words as the media.

The media where just waiting for Rodger's first defeat, and low and behold the great number of the fan base jump on the bandwaggon. Just like when Lennon's 10iar season unrawelled.

I try and not listen to the every day noise, when you pan out and look at the bigger picture everything is pretty good at Parkhead. We have a working statagy / plan - one defeat and everyone wants to throw this statigy to the wayside and buy 10million pound players. I'm glad the board have a plan and are working the plan. That's what sucessful companies do....and the results / tropies come on the back of it. However, football is one of those sports (and one that lasts a full season nearly expaning 300+ days) where the best team doesn't always win, that's why we love it.

Back to the fans, when the Celtic support get behind a manager, it's a powerful force. Look at Ange, we backed him 100% and it showed on the pitch. Not taking away way that he's exceptional manager, but some just have it. I'm fully behing Rodgers, he was the best manager available and the board went out and got him.

If you listen to Callum's interview, he touches on this whole thing. It's not a time to infight but to get together and move in the one direction. Board, manager, coaches, players and FANS. If you gave me a choice a 3 point lead in the League or a win in the cup at Kilmarnock I know what everyone would take. It means that the game at Ibrox, isn't as important for 3points as it's made out to be. Plenty of games to go!

Here is Callums interview, "Important EVERYONE sticks together"

Corrupt officialdom cannot be allowed to stand as a potential excuse for failure in the event of sabotage.
VAR is evidence-based decision-making. The evidence the decisions were made from is available for analysis and a pattern of incompetence or misconduct will be apparent enough for action within UEFA/FIFA. Match fixing (which is what it is) by officials is not an image they'd want to be associated with.
Celtic, we are told, do their business quietly but they could and should be more vocal on this issue.

Corrupt officialdom cannot be allowed to stand as a potential excuse for failure in the event of sabotage.
VAR is evidence-based decision-making. The evidence the decisions were made from is available for analysis and a pattern of incompetence or misconduct will be apparent enough for action within UEFA/FIFA. Match fixing (which is what it is) by officials is not an image they'd want to be associated with.
Celtic, we are told, do their business quietly but they could and should be more vocal on this issue.
the weird decisions by var are present across var worldwide. the lack of transparency and accountability and rectification from a genuinely non corrupt and incorruptible sporting integrity unit will never exist when sporting integrity is not the highest value of VAR. tv again controls the narrative and var decisions are not explained well especially to fans at game in seats.

i went to game last season and 5 minutes delay eventually hibs player got red card but noone in stadium had clue as to why and it was controvertial when you watch it again.

in american football ref has a mic and explains every decision to crowd in real time. why is the communication with var not public real time or at least voiced by var microphone at game for accountability.

red card serious foul play caught on var

player was found to be offside from 3 different angles therefore no goal.

if they can shout out, can wee jimmy with reg plate xyz go move his car asap during game. surely shouting out the decisions that var makes should be announced over loud speaker for clarity

the weird decisions by var are present across var worldwide. the lack of transparency and accountability and rectification from a genuinely non corrupt and incorruptible sporting integrity unit will never exist when sporting integrity is not the highest value of VAR. tv again controls the narrative and var decisions are not explained well especially to fans at game in seats.

i went to game last season and 5 minutes delay eventually hibs player got red card but noone in stadium had clue as to why and it was controvertial when you watch it again.

in american football ref has a mic and explains every decision to crowd in real time. why is the communication with var not public real time or at least voiced by var microphone at game for accountability.

if they can shout out, can wee jimmy with reg plate xyz go move his car asap during game. surely shouting out the decisions that var makes should be announced over loud speaker for clarity
Watched the lassies cup final on Sunday, ( got to admit I quite enjoyed it ) the ref was miked up and gave those in attendance a full explanation for the award of the penalty to Spain. Utter open, honest transparency. Who'd have thought it ?

Its obvious who the refs are favouring this year, Kilmarnock.

The hun game will be our 1st real test, clearly we’re not firing on all cylinders, the team hasn’t bought into Rodgers plans yet,
Big test for the team and Rodgers, I don’t this it’s a give, it in the balance, no fans, hun referee and Var it will be a battle, I’d take a draw right now 🤷‍♂️

I agree bb,a think Rodgers also thot he was going to be buying three or four quality players?looks like he’s been gazumped aswell…in fairness he’s not been able to play our full strength starting eleven due to freaky injury list,got give him that time…
Not buying into the injury list excuse mate. We should have been able to wipe the floor with the Ayrshire huns with the team we fielded. Instead we got an insipid performance that was utterly unacceptable. This is how we were playing just before BR’s departure last time.
i was prepared to overlook his ill-timed exit if he brought the success promised. What did we get? Failure at the 1st hurdle.
I hope there’s a swift improvement in performance or his next exit might not be by choice.

The media has a big part to play in the fan base psyche. They have been pushing "sevco great" "Celtic crap" for years and guess what, when you speak to anyone, "I don't read or believe what the papers say", but guess what, after a defeat they spout the same words as the media.

The media where just waiting for Rodger's first defeat, and low and behold the great number of the fan base jump on the bandwaggon. Just like when Lennon's 10iar season unrawelled.

I try and not listen to the every day noise, when you pan out and look at the bigger picture everything is pretty good at Parkhead. We have a working statagy / plan - one defeat and everyone wants to throw this statigy to the wayside and buy 10million pound players. I'm glad the board have a plan and are working the plan. That's what sucessful companies do....and the results / tropies come on the back of it. However, football is one of those sports (and one that lasts a full season nearly expaning 300+ days) where the best team doesn't always win, that's why we love it.

Back to the fans, when the Celtic support get behind a manager, it's a powerful force. Look at Ange, we backed him 100% and it showed on the pitch. Not taking away way that he's exceptional manager, but some just have it. I'm fully behing Rodgers, he was the best manager available and the board went out and got him.
But he wasn't the best ,he'd just got an epl team relegated
But he was who DD wanted

There were plenty top managers available but were never approached them and never interviewed them

Not buying into the injury list excuse mate. We should have been able to wipe the floor with the Ayrshire huns with the team we fielded. Instead we got an insipid performance that was utterly unacceptable. This is how we were playing just before BR’s departure last time.
i was prepared to overlook his ill-timed exit if he brought the success promised. What did we get? Failure at the 1st hurdle.
I hope there’s a swift improvement in performance or his next exit might not be by choice.
3rd hurdle, we won the first two.

Someone posted footage of a French game where the entire process was transparent, from interaction between referee and players to interaction with and between VAR personnel. This is the best way forward imo.

Someone posted footage of a French game where the entire process was transparent, from interaction between referee and players to interaction with and between VAR personnel. This is the best way forward imo.
I seem to remember they tried it years ago in England. It was an Arsenal game and the Ref was miked up. Things weren't going Arsenal's way and an irate Tony Adams was heard shouting 'you prick' at the ref.

Edit: he actually called him a cunt, just googled it. 🤣

Last edited:
What is the point of sports science? Players who suffer hamstring injuries previously surely must have been mapped to see when energy levels dropped and surely the info must have shown, if applied, the time the player suffered from excessive running and twisting before the incident occured, unless it was merely a freak twist or overstretch. I believed that sport science was used to monitor through GPS when and when it was the right time to use subs for low level exhaustion players. You play at a high level and intesity then i would assume the body tracker would indicate when and who to replace.

What is the point of sports science? Players who suffer hamstring injuries previously surely must have been mapped to see when energy levels dropped and surely the info must have shown, if applied, the time the player suffered from excessive running and twisting before the incident occured, unless it was merely a freak twist or overstretch. I believed that sport science was used to monitor through GPS when and when it was the right time to use subs for low level exhaustion players. You play at a high level and intesity then i would assume the body tracker would indicate when and who to replace.
That is certainly how it is used in international rugby to decide when to make the subs.

Back