Happy International Blasphemy day!

309694606_10158187614006618_7410681211075818212_n.jpg

Here's how religion started

A group of lads, ate some mushrooms, had a great time..they started tripping like crazy..they saw shit they couldn't explain...strange shit happened...the Billy Connolly of the day started telling stories to folk about those heady days and the drug addled 'miracles' they saw ....over time, these stories grew arms and legs and the Shakespeare of those days documented the life and times of those happy trippers and the legend that is religion grew from that

FFS
It's not funny to some but it is to the rest, so leave people alone in their right to be 'offended' and the rest of us to have a fucking laugh
If you're, and by that I mean anyone, who is offended, be offended, nothing happens
Some of us happen to find all religion comical, others well, they're entitled to their opinions, as am I
Read the thread title and if you don't like it, well, as Shammy once told me...scroll on
Adulting is so difficult for the terminally offended
Have a great weekend and try and have a laugh, it's a big part of life
I'm not offended in the slightest. As I said i have my own doubts. But lets not mock a big part of our own community who have strong beliefs. Yes, i can laugh at organised religion, Life of Brian is one of the funniest films ive ever seen. But i'm talking about 'respect'. How about a national laugh at a Paddy day? (by that I mean an Irishman) How about a Happy laugh at a jew day?
Nah, it doesnt quite work does it. Laugh at a poof day? How does that grab ye?
If you're going to single out a group why pick on a group who make up a big part of the group you claim to support?

I'm not offended in the slightest. As I said i have my own doubts. But lets not mock a big part of our own community who have strong beliefs. Yes, i can laugh at organised religion, Life of Brian is one of the funniest films ive ever seen. But i'm talking about 'respect'. How about a national laugh at a Paddy day? (by that I mean an Irishman) How about a Happy laugh at a jew day?
If you're going to single out a group why pick on a group who make up a big part of the group you claim to support?
Again you fail to separate people from beliefs.

An you fail to see a lot of our support have those beliefs.
And they are entitled to their ideas / beliefs just as those of us who don't share said ideas / beliefs are entitled to mock said ideas / beliefs.
Celtic is about football not religion.
This thread is in the 'General Chat' section as in it's not related to Celtic.
Loads of people have expressed their disdain for rap music on the Coolio thread. I happen to enjoy some rap music but I'm not over there whining on behalf of Celtic-supporting rap fans.

Did you create a hate thread on the noise Lubo

Dallas didnt post anti religious posters in public

He claims he passed on 1 email that he didnt even read and denied he felt those sentiments

So is public invective passed as satire ok

but private email spam (if he was telling truth) sharing makes you a bigot

i sincerely believe in my heart dallas and many other refs are bigots but they disclaim anything that suggests such

is that really worse than celtic fans proclaiming openly they hate and their hate is justified using distorted propaganda then claiming its just funny.

thats exactly what racists say about jim crow jokes

the queen hasnt been found guilty of murdering children despite the bizarre allegations so comparing her to hate figures like myra hindley is heinous even if its not intended

defending hate crime with rights to have a joke using uninformed distorted propaganda got dallas sack athough he says he does not feel those thoughts

but in your mind he is worse than (alleged) celtic fans pumping out hate crime propaganda as fact?

All hate crime is heinous
pretending its satire but at same time saying its exactly why i hate them is hate crime

its not funny if its actually wht you promote in private

dallas doesnt publically admit he is bigot but i think he probably is due to his zealous detestation of celtic imo

But his rights are null

And creating a blasphemy thread on noise is just banter?

was dallas just banter coz it was less offensive than most of the gifs and pictures passed as funny on this page.

its a criminal offensive in scotland to promote hatred
the huns call it 90 minute bigotry

its not

hate crime using propaganda is stuff of goebels

You need to take a day off mate.

I believe in my Wife my Kids and my extended family
Celtic
Celtic reserves
Celtic under 14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21
Celtic Noise
And the Boax is mine
And Lubos 24-0
That is all

HH 🍀
So fucking what, they needed controlling 2000 years ago. We wouldnt be where we are today if complete chaos ruled the day. What do you actually think it was like back then?
chill man there’s a guy along soon who’ll feed the 5000 that’s got to be a miracle

HH 🤔

Here's how religion started

A group of lads, ate some mushrooms, had a great time..they started tripping like crazy..they saw shit they couldn't explain...strange shit happened...the Billy Connolly of the day started telling stories to folk about those heady days and the drug addled 'miracles' they saw ....over time, these stories grew arms and legs and the Shakespeare of those days documented the life and times of those happy trippers and the legend that is religion grew from that
Like the monkeys 🙈
I’m a bellendeiver

HH 🤔

So we are all clear. Everyone in the world can be offended by everything in the world so every single word uttered from every single mouth is a hate crime.
So we should all fuck up and stay quiet. Feelings trump facts.....unless the Internet tell you that the facts you read are 100% real facts and not the facts that someone else read somewhere else on the Internet...then your facts are fake facts which makes them a hate crime if you push them.
Your god is fake cause this book said his god is real so if you push that god then it's a hate crime. Unless that other book said that god is fake then your both commiting hate crimes and you're all cunts....now if you don't believe in god and joke about people who do then that's a hate crime and you're bad.
Jamsam, elves are real. You mock me about it. That's a hate crime. Prove elves aren't real. I found a website that says they are.

Or we can have a fucking laugh at the state of the stupid world we live in, we can love our families and just get on with life and hopefully die peacefully one day.....

And they are entitled to their ideas / beliefs just as those of us who don't share said ideas / beliefs are entitled to mock said ideas / beliefs.
Celtic is about football not religion.
This thread is in the 'General Chat' section as in it's not related to Celtic.
Loads of people have expressed their disdain for rap music on the Coolio thread. I happen to enjoy some rap music but I'm not over there whining on behalf of Celtic-supporting rap fans.
Put it this way. If you were on, say, a Michael Palin type round the world trip in 80 days thing, an you go to various Countries, experiencing their cultures and ways of living. How far do you think you would get if you were introduced to a remote tribe say in the Amazon an you laughed an mocked their god or whatever deity they held sacred? Not very far i'm guessing. You may think, this faith they have is bizarre, but you wouldn't mock them. Maybe because you would think they are primitive, and i agree, most religions do look ludicrous when held up in the light of day.
But to the people that believe in them they are not. Its what gets them through the day.

Put it this way. If you were on, say, a Michael Palin type round the world trip in 80 days thing, an you go to various Countries, experiencing their cultures and ways of living. How far do you think you would get if you were introduced to a remote tribe say in the Amazon an you laughed an mocked their god or whatever deity they held sacred? Not very far i'm guessing. You may think, this faith they have is bizarre, but you wouldn't mock them. Maybe because you would think they are primitive, and i agree, most religions do look ludicrous when held up in the light of day.
But to the people that believe in them they are not. Its what gets them through the day.
So don't mock religion or you might get attacked by primitive tribesmen. Sounds like a trip to Ballymena to me.

Somehow this has become personal to those among our congregation, of a religious leaning
It's humour and if you don't like it...tough
You can slag whoever you like, as it doesn't bother me
Now, enough of the God botherers
Anyone who read the title but decided to come in and 'chide' those of us who find it a funny subject, you've (not just Bri, but all of you offended carbon units) just wasted more of what precious time you have left on this planet
As I said, move on, ignore, it's easy enough done
HH

I believe in my Wife my Kids and my extended family
Celtic
Celtic reserves
Celtic under 14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21
Celtic Noise
And the Boax is mine
And Lubos 24-0
That is all

HH 🍀

chill man there’s a guy along soon who’ll feed the 5000 that’s got to be a miracle

HH 🤔
Well, it IS Friday

Dare I ?... Post a reply on the subject of religion I mean. Would my reply, or indeed the reaction of you good folk change anything?
I've declared two or three times on The Noise that I'm atheist. I can't even claim to have gone through some kind of emotional/mental anguish to arrive at my feelings regarding religion.
I did read Richard Dawkins book, The God Delusion. Not that I was looking for clues, or pros, or cons. Somebody gave me the book, and I thought I would read it as I read quite a lot anyway. No, it was just a space filler until I found something else.
Thing is though, I'd already reached many of his conclusions on my own. It was certainly interesting, but not in any way influential.
Kind of saddens me when I see and hear folk discuss their opinions on this subject in what seems to me be an exercise in point scoring.
I don't really give a toss if folk believe something I don't. My beliefs are my own: they're, if not private, certainly personal.
All I'm doin' is being honest with myself; I'm not in the business of trying to prove I'm right and everybody is wrong. Just a bloke trying to live and let live.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back