Hello ?

Actually aye! I’ve only ever met one Lubo, he and I were partners in taxis back in the day. Still to this day he accepts that they’re a new club.
He’s not interested in talking about excuses or following their survival and victim myths.
He’s a genuinely sound guy except for following the new club but as he said to me when I spoke to him last, ‘I’ll probably never be back at Ibrox Tam, but I’m a fitbaw man and that’s ma team now. I hope we pump yous every time we play yeez!’

Cannae argue with that but I suspect he’s a very rare breed. And I know he’s been repeatedly disappointed in his last hope 😂

PS: welcome onboard @AJ1910
Just curious, TTQtKK, was it a Glasgow cab you had a share in ? If so our paths may have crossed. I worked in the business for close to 45 years. Retired in 2019.

Might be an idea to lay off the sleekit accusations of hundom when someone new joins in then.
This always happens when the international break comes
It’s all about opinions, and how people take things out of context
But, and I cannot emphasize thus enough, it’s not my site, and if someone wants to get upset at someone else, so be it
Hope everyone enjoys a great week
HH

We tend to only get new members (possible huns) posting when Celtic aren't doing to well. Lennons second tenure as manager saw an influx of new member activity.
The fact you've posted after our B-Team beat them at ibrokes in front of 50,000 of their own fans and their whole club is currently going into meltdown leads me to believe you are, in fact, a Celtic fan.....that being said, you might be the only smart hun in the world, and figured out that this would be the best time to infiltrate the site!!
Please don't take people suspicions personally...its a sort of initiation.
A case of mistaken identity? Or is your post intended as a piece of friendly advice aimed at the collective?
Actually it was fuelled by alcohol! Although it is of itself something we should probably keep in with the new guys. I'd gone over to the swamp for a gloat and I was struck by the vitriol dished out to anyone new there. So I come on the noise for some sanity and what do you know, we're at it as well! I've done it myself but I'm going to be more accepting in future. I could probably have expressed this in a way that didn't single anyone out nor should I have expounded on the subject like my shite disny smell. So, apologies to SP for that 👍

I think I may have told this tale a while back, so, if I'm repeating myself; too bad !

It's just that the recent, and welcome, addition of AJ to our wee community has revived a dormant memory; something that cheesed me off at the time.....but which I can now have a wee chuckle at.

You see, I was accused of being a hun after contributing to a debate on another, very well used, Celtic supporters forum.

My crime? I thought the club was happy just so long as we held on to our position as the predominant club in our neck of the woods. I said our thinking was parochial, and therefore in my opinion, lacked genuine ambition.

That was that, then; trigger well and truly released. In the eyes of some, I was a lurker. In truth, I couldn't really be arsed getting involved. It was the shortest, and not-so-sweetest of attempt at having a blether with what I thought were like- minded folk.

Thankfully, I'll never know what it's like to be a hun. However, I do know what it's like to be accused of being one......really not nice !

Actually it was fuelled by alcohol! Although it is of itself something we should probably keep in with the new guys. I'd gone over to the swamp for a gloat and I was struck by the vitriol dished out to anyone new there. So I come on the noise for some sanity and what do you know, we're at it as well! I've done it myself but I'm going to be more accepting in future. I could probably have expressed this in a way that didn't single anyone out nor should I have expounded on the subject like my shite disny smell. So, apologies to SP for that 👍
No apologies required, mate.......it was honestly just a general comment about how it's difficult to maintain any kind of rational debate with anyone who supports that team.

I gave up trying a pretty long time ago on the basis that every conversation just deteriorated to the point of ridiculousness.

I do enjoy talking football with my local friends and it does help to offer a slightly different slant of things. I tend to see things from a very Celtic perspective and tend not to see how others may view the game.

That's why I would genuinely welcome contributions from fans of other clubs, but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that any contributions from the dark side would go down the usual route before too long.

It's all good, TS........I often post garbage and sometimes need to take a check of myself

Not sure if there's a "say hello" section on here, if there is I can't find it, but thought I ought to say hello before starting to post.
Welcome AJ to the Noise, no there's no say hello / introduction thread maybe someone can make one.
Used to be in times past that 'Maria' ( there's a thread running now about our former fellow noiser) was all the introduction you needed, pass the Maria test and you're good.
Look forward to your inputs HH 🍀

Fair enough. I'm a Celtic and St Pauli supporter based in South West England.

If anyone still thinks I'm an undercover hun, you might need a Spycatcher.

There's one running in the 3.35. Paddy is paying 4 places at 16s.

Staying with the spy theme there was a German who spied for the Russians during WW2 whose code name was Starshina.
Starshiba is running in 2.10.
So given that that's my method for picking horses, extreme caution is advised.
Hahaha......sorry man, Lubo ticked the box there when he mentioned that I don't always read the comments.

I have the attention span of a walnut and.......oh look......a butterfly!!!

'Came on the noise for some sanity...' Drink had definitely been taken 😁 All good Bhoys and Ghirls, we're all in this together and like 'families' sometimes things get heated, but we all know at the end of the day YNWA

Back