Hibs v Celtic 7:45pm KO, Wednesday 24th May Easter Road, Edinburgh.

Should be going into next week feeling good and giving it laldy to any hun who we know.
Instead we are looking at each other and saying what the fuck is going on.
We are probably a bit shell-shocked these last 3 games but the reality is we shoudnt be maybe weve been spoiled last season but for me weve been regressing since after the world cup. Dont get me wrong its still been good enough to see off the huns and the rest but the reality is I've felt it and seen it ...we are going for a historic treble fffs I know.
But I'm just saying ....is it just me. P. S. I love the Celtic 💚🇮🇪

Should be going into next week feeling good and giving it laldy to any hun who we know.
We are probably a bit shell-shocked these last 3 games but the reality is we shoudnt be maybe weve been spoiled last season but for me weve been regressing since after the world cup. Dont get me wrong its still been good enough to see off the huns and the rest but the reality is I've felt it and seen it ...we are going for a historic treble fffs I know.
Definitely NOT just you Mag7!

Not great but if Maeda doesn't get sent off we would have won, if poppadom wrists catches the ball we would have drawn.
Only 1 of our usual back 5 played and it showed. None of the 4 replacements are good enough to be first picks. Maybe one of them in amongst 4 of the usual back 5 is ok but 4 of them and you get what we've seen in the last 3 games. Johnston is as big a miss as CCV, Ralston will only still be there next season as he counts as a home association player in European squad (same reason Bain got a new contract).
Oh will be an important player next season. A physical presence that we lack.

Just seen highlights, Maeda first yellow was a joke. Hibs player moves across him to block him from closing the defender down then falls over and cons the ref.

Not great but if Maeda doesn't get sent off we would have won, if poppadom wrists catches the ball we would have drawn.
Only 1 of our usual back 5 played and it showed. None of the 4 replacements are good enough to be first picks. Maybe one of them in amongst 4 of the usual back 5 is ok but 4 of them and you get what we've seen in the last 3 games. Johnston is as big a miss as CCV, Ralston will only still be there next season as he counts as a home association player in European squad (same reason Bain got a new contract).
Oh will be an important player next season. A physical presence that we lack.

Just seen highlights, Maeda first yellow was a joke. Hibs player moves across him to block him from closing the defender down then falls over and cons the ref.
What ifs Gaz ....we didn't perform anywhere near how we could. Had we done so we would have won...end of but again we haven't.....not good enough.

Exactly Mag7 we're all wondering wtf?
Did Ange look surprised to you tonight?
He didn't to me not at all.

Angeball imo is only just started , as someone above asked is it at its end or something like that.

No , I believe its the beginning.
Pretty much all of the top teams around the continent play that way.

I'm getting pelters from my brother by text for "making excuses" for us but I'm not.

We had that game tonight and let it slip away.
Hibs wanted it more.
Can't remember a shot on goal from us last 30 minutes or so.
A woeful ending to the 2nd half , with 10 men let's not forget when we're still taking the game forward.

I'm trying to tell him , we've no right to just win any let alone almost every game we play. Yet we do , and some think that's how it should be , Chelsea fans for example and a tribute side over the city.

He's an older tim than I am and should know this , but I'm sure there's a few pints and disappointment involved.
The same disappointment we're all feeling.

We are the best in Scotland.
That's good enough to make us an automatic champions league side an achievement but that's it.

Any more than that will require more hard work and more effort.

Ange using the fringe players these last few games has shown that we aren't there yet, should we be at this stage of Ange's complete overhaul?

We require more quality than we have at present im pretty confident we'll get those players in and be stronger.

Guaranteed champions league group stage football will help bring those bhoys in.

Hibs deserve credit as well they didn't stop, helped by a dodgy deciscion stupid of Ralston, though in truth I expected a lot more of those against us this season than we've had.

It's a disappointment for sure , a reality check definately.

I'm trying to tell my brother "before Ange arrived , how was our record at Easter Road under our previous 3 or 4 managers?"
Even when we were quadrebling ( made up word) our record there wasn't great.

It will be the last thing on my mind on trophy day, 🏆 🏆 and 1 🏆 to go.

We complete this treble then that's special.

We must turn up though because I'm positive ICT will and we will have to give it everything.

There's no excuses , I think Ange was correct to play that team, he knows that a good few of some of our bhoys aren't up to his angeball standards.

Now so does everyone else.

A shock to the system for us.

(Side Tangent)
Anyone see Haalands sitter tonight?
He should be dropped for that lol

HH

Punt Bain and give Seigrist a chance. That was diabolical tonight. Goldshun would have performed better in goal than Bain ffs!
Siegrist is injured, otherwise why not have him start today ?
Guy fouls Daizen, no call, Daizen goes in hard and gets booked
Later, he is still pissed about something so he goes in late and gets red carded
Oh is taken down by a cynical tackle from behind, should have been a red, but rescinded to a yellow
Fuck off Clancy
Scott Bain, two massive brain cramps, and we're done like dinner
The team looks disinterested, so what ? we have lost CCV and AJ, but we should have enough firepower to beat teams like St Mirren and Hibs,

Punt Bain and give Seigrist a chance. That was diabolical tonight. Goldshun would have performed better in goal than Bain ffs!
Don't know the reasons for Benji not getting a game but maybe there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about
Last I read he had a relapse of the injury he was carrying, but it's a strange one for me, as to how he's not Joe Harts uderstudy
I'd like to see him get a ru if and when fit, but as I said, we'll have to wait and see as to why he's not between the sticks

Your correct mate about ”since the World Cup)thats my opinion also..

Think I can confidently say that none of our fringe players made their way into the Cup Final 11 last night, one or two we will have to use but with the others its back to the training ground and work harder I'm afraid,, league won or not you are still wearing a Celtic Strip and should fight till the last blow of the mibs whistle.... Now can anyone tell me where our pressing game has gone to,,, is it down beside the passing game?? Both of these sides seem to have gone "walkabout mate" get them back soon Celtic...

And Imho Ange made a boo boo by leaving Maeda on when he made the 3 subs.. But hey ho one a season we can forgive..

Trophy day part 2 on Saturday 🏆🏆🏆

Think I can confidently say that none of our fringe players made their way into the Cup Final 11 last night, one or two we will have to use but with the others its back to the training ground and work harder I'm afraid,, league won or not you are still wearing a Celtic Strip and should fight till the last blow of the mibs whistle.... Now can anyone tell me where our pressing game has gone to,,, is it down beside the passing game?? Both of these sides seem to have gone "walkabout mate" get them back soon Celtic...

And Imho Ange made a boo boo by leaving Maeda on when he made the 3 subs.. But hey ho one a season we can forgive..

Trophy day part 2 on Saturday 🏆🏆🏆
I think you've called it 50. What we witnessed last night was a makeshift team that looked like they'd never trained together, let alone played together .
If there's anything to be taken from our recent turgid displays, it's quite simply that we have fallen into work in progress mode in terms of our January signings. For me, only one of them has improved our squad. Hint? He wasn't playing last night. Bit harsh some of you may think: time will tell.

Not going to panic or moan might if we lose the Cup Final mind,the last 3games mean nothing no matter how the Media make merry with it Ange has used in my opinion humble it may to look at what’s He’s got who will stay and the one no longer needed yes no one likes to get beat but the man has to look forward to next season with not only the the domestic Cups and League but He has the Champions League as well I don’t think He’s the type to just go and hope they win a game think more like we are going to win the last few times in Europe we we’re counting the money rather than points His attitude is to win games and He will want the best team he can get to take them there I may be totally wrong but that how it appears to me ……Keep The Faith

Not going to panic or moan might if we lose the Cup Final mind,the last 3games mean nothing no matter how the Media make merry with it Ange has used in my opinion humble it may to look at what’s He’s got who will stay and the one no longer needed yes no one likes to get beat but the man has to look forward to next season with not only the the domestic Cups and League but He has the Champions League as well I don’t think He’s the type to just go and hope they win a game think more like we are going to win the last few times in Europe we we’re counting the money rather than points His attitude is to win games and He will want the best team he can get to take them there I may be totally wrong but that how it appears to me ……Keep The Faith
Pretty much my thoughts, too, DIGGER. We're in the enviable position of being able to assess the worth of our fringe players without any damage to our trophy ambitions . We're already champions after all !
No panic from me either; just a realism and honesty when looking at what's needed to take the next step in Ange's rebuild.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but who the fuck are you again? The League is won, the Scottish League Cup is won, and in a week from Saturday the Scottish Cup will be won. And you're asking is Ange is finished?

M'kay.
If you read my post I corrected my mistake. I did mention Angeball. Not Ange himself. If you cannot read my post correctly then I suggest you go to Specsavers.

Having seen Ange's interview, explaining his thinking and rationale regarding the last number of matches, I am now completely relaxed. We are in totally safe hands. It is having to suffer a little bit of 'short term pain for long term gain'. That to me is future planning and totally acceptable. Particularly considering the marvellous season we are having. Top management, that will improve us going forward. We have a lot to look forward to. So 😌 😌 😌

Last edited:
:unsure: Thought Bain ,in the first half anyway was having a good game made some good saves then the first howler knocked his confidence to shit and the 2nd ah well unlucky
Hasn't had any game time but we knew he wasn't a great keeper anyway , if seigrist could put his new found aussie burd down and get back to football we might find out if he is any good
but then again with the backline we had last night and the way they played maybe the scores wouldn't have been any different

The leagues won , it was another bounce game that we should be winning but the thing is we've got a manger who uses the whole squad not keeping the same 11 till the seasons end as others have done

Maedas first booking was a joke and clancy didn't see it so that could only have come from an official in his ear , watch it again clancy has his back turned to it ,,,,miller conned the ref
also whoever was on var ,,,,was it dallas ,,,,, why do our checks take 4-5 mins yet other teams checks over and done in a minute

Back