Hibs v Celtic 7:45pm KO, Wednesday 24th May Easter Road, Edinburgh.

If we're to believe some players were playing for a place in the final, then, they can forget it. That, for me, was not acceptable. Got to say, it was obvious Maeda would get a second yellow. Should've been subbed.
Does anyone know if Maeda will be suspended for the cup final for that red? I'm guessing not but just checking in case it has been mentioned?

Really disappointed...I know we will get over it but if Ange and the players think we are happy to not win any game we play after officially winning the League against shite opposition....cmon.
I keep hearing the we want to finish the league strongly guff but this is pish ...nah we should be lording it over teams and they should be bowing to our superiority instead we are there for the taking all of a sudden ....how can that be.
Ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.
Spot on Mag7. I'm trying not to go overboard here, so I'll just bite the bullet.
What I will say, though, I'm lookin' forward to having an honest conversation about some of our squad players after the final.

Is Ange all finished? Looks like it with fringe players not up to it. Next season prepare for more results like this. We have to change especially defence. Bernabei not up to it Starfelt looked lost without CCV. Ralston never a football player. Bain some great saves and the penultimate howler god only knows why he was given new contract. Ange ball I meant not Ange himself. Has to find a new way of playing. We are far to exposed playing expansion football . Defenders first and foremost must defend. I hanker back to the days of Danny McGrain. Now there was a defender world class imho.This is of course my opinions after a heavy defeat at Easter Road. I am totally disappointed by the last few results, I know title is won but it looks to me now we have to really really up our game for Cup Final, if not we lose simple as that. So now is the time for Bhoys to men win last two games ,and we will celebrate as Celtic fans only no how.

Is Ange all finished? Looks like it with fringe players not up to it. Next season prepare for more results like this. We have to change especially defence. Bernabei not up to it Starfelt looked lost without CCV. Ralston never a football player. Bain some great saves and the penultimate howler god only knows why he was given new contract. Ange ball I meant not Ange himself. Has to find a new way of playing. We are far to exposed playing expansion football . Defenders first and foremost must defend. I hanker back to the days of Danny McGrain. Now there was a defender world class imho.This is of course my opinions after a heavy defeat at Easter Road. I am totally disappointed by the last few results, I know title is won but it looks to me now we have to really really up our game for Cup Final, if not we lose simple as that. So now is the time for Bhoys to men win last two games ,and we will celebrate as Celtic fans only no how.
It is your “ opinions “ mate and you’re welcome to make them!!!👍throw a big tam macadam into that defence way Danny mc….

Ange won't change his system. But maybe change some
Players incapable of playing his way.

Is Ange all finished? Looks like it with fringe players not up to it. Next season prepare for more results like this. We have to change especially defence. Bernabei not up to it Starfelt looked lost without CCV. Ralston never a football player. Bain some great saves and the penultimate howler god only knows why he was given new contract. Ange ball I meant not Ange himself. Has to find a new way of playing. We are far too exposed playing expansion football . Defenders first and foremost must defend. I hanker back to the days of Danny McGrain. Now there was a defender world class imho.This is of course my opinions after a heavy defeat at Easter Road. I am totally disappointed by the last few results, I know title is won but it looks to me now we have to really really up our game for Cup Final, if not we lose simple as that. So now is the time for Bhoys to men win last two games ,and we will celebrate as Celtic fans only no how.
A don’t think ange ball is finished,,a hope not?it’s a brilliant way to play exciting fast flowing,it’s a hard way to play for a full season,a think it’s just takin its toll on some legs which is fair doo’s,,absolutely loved this season ,last couple a games have been underwhelming,and guys that haven’t had a lot of game time and should have plenty in the tank have let us and ange down,,and also the bhoys that got us the league cup,league,and a scottish cup final they shoulda been able to rest properly!!

I don't buy into league won, end of season meaningless games or saving something for a cup final. It is just awful and there are no excuses for it. Some players are just not good enough and others are only going through the motions.
Agreed POD, but there's something to be said for Ange finding out who can and who cannot hack it at Celtic.

Daizens sending off a joke, but I do still believe Ange was right to play this team.

We have to know, he has to know especially.

Mibs played a big part tonight also imo.

The penalty couldve also been a foul on our defender on the post but clancy chose to watch the other post.

Not good enough by miles.

See therangers failed to win the end of season Hun Cup tonight.
Not that it's any consolation.

I'm hoping the meeting Ange had with DD was to tell him, " listen boss mate, I've brought a lot of players in and gotten rid of even more, BUT we still need a lot more , an awful lot more, boss mate"

If we are now drawing to Motherwell, losing to scum, losing to hibs, drawing with St Midden.

Won 2 , Drawn 2, lost 2 since winning the league against them at CP 13th May

if were to learn about our " unbelievable strength in depth" then yes now is the time to do it, Ange is showing us , take CCV, Johnstone, and some others out of this team and look where we're at.

can be easily countered of course by" doubles achieved" eat your ice cream.

These bhoys are paid a fortune there can be no off days on a matchday and tonight is probably the last some will play for us.

I'm thinking Ababa who was invisible.

I'm not going to slate Ange or the bhoys any more than that though as what they've given us this year has been incredible outstanding and downright brilliant at times.

For those thinking we can go deep into Europe, I agree but it would be the conference or Europa ko stages at best, going on our form right now.

I'd take that gladly and see it as progress.

Look at Roma and West Ham, conference winners from nowhere under mourinho Roma are now Europa league finalists this season.

Regardless of which tournament, if we can get 3rd place champions league that will be huge progress for us.

Ange has been here two seasons , almost.
He's turned losers into winners 🏆🏆🏆

I'd have to be crazy to slate that.

( not that I'm saying you were slating POD) were just unaccustomed to this run of .....form?

We all know this isn't the real Celtic at play, but we all know it is , that is our team.

We're probably going to lose Abada and I'm expecting between £15-£20 million for him.
Higher if its Daizen.

We never stop doesn't only apply to the players it applies to every single one of us from Ange to the scouts , to us the supporters.

Robson will be chomping at the bit to get a result at CP and what an achievement for him, guaranteed European group stage football.

I for one realise there's many factors at play here.
From not playing good enough to long season goals achieved.

We are winners and can add an historic treble to that this season.

Let's also not forget that this side ate now 2 league goals away from matching the lions goal tally, no mean feat and we can achieve that.

Again, not that you suggested anything contrary POD I'm just blowing hot steam oot my erse.

Perhaps its what we need?
A reminder of in how short a time Ange has us all expecting to win these games regardless of who's playing?

No cup final is ever a given and we've just been booted up the arse with a May to forget results wise.

I'm confident we'll achieve the 8th treble but it'll take everything we've got.

Man city , on the back of destroying Bayern and real Madrid have drawn away to Brighton tonight and the diets got a result at snake mountain.

There's a few surprise results around tonight we are not alone in this , but that'll do please , got the message , we are far from the finished article even though we're an exciting successful side

COYBIG HH
Make mine another treble
Slange Var, Slainte , cheers > 🍻
CHAMPIONS

Last edited:
A don’t think ange ball is finished,,a hope not?it’s a brilliant way to play exciting fast flowing,it’s a hard way to play for a full season,a think it’s just takin its toll on some legs which is fair doo’s,,absolutely loved this season ,last couple a games have been underwhelming,and guys that haven’t had a lot of game time and should have plenty in the tank have let us and ange down,,and also the bhoys that got us the league cup,league,and a scottish cup final they shoulda been able to rest properly!!
I know better than anyone when the legs go after a long season. It's natural but this is when you dig deep and then you see the rewards. Think of Special Forces from whatever country. When they are on the edge of exhaustion they find a way to adapt overcome their enemies. Is football much different fitness wise. Fit physically fit mentally

I'll further say this footballer nowadays are paid more than our service personnel who protect our country. Players being sold for £100.000.000 and when titles are won through in the towel. Now I know our players don't command big fees but there is pride in their jobs and playing for our fans. Let's get real guys we are Celtic don't expect any team of ours throwing in the towel

Trying to put a bit of spin on it, Frank. So maybe recent results do have a bit of a benefit to them. A once off very poor performance from a player happens and is understandable. But several in rapid succession from the same players should have firmly highlighted the weaknesses for Ange. To the point now that they cannot be ignored. So it must be addressed. I think the mediocrity shown by some in recent matches will be addressed during the Summer. I do not think Ange is the type, to put all he has built and achieved to date, by relying on players who struggle in Scotland, not alone Europe. So I anticipate greater changes to the squad than had first been thought of. So while SPFL teams may now be chuckling at us because of recent results, it could bring down on them the very last thing they ever wanted to see. A serious Celtic squad strengthening. So there may be the trauma of sitting through, the worst horror movie they ever seen. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
Trying to put a bit of spin on it, Frank. So maybe recent results do have a bit of a benefit to them. A once off very poor performance from a player happens and is understandable. But several in rapid succession from the same players should have firmly highlighted the weaknesses for Ange. To the point now that they cannot be ignored. So it must be addressed. I think the mediocrity shown by some in recent matches will be addressed during the Summer. I do not think Ange is the type, to put all he has built and achieved to date, by relying on players who struggle in Scotland, not alone Europe. So I anticipate greater changes to the squad than had first been thought of. So while SPFL teams may now be chuckling at us because of recent results, it could bring down on them the very last thing they ever wanted to see. A serious Celtic squad strengthening. So there may be the trauma of sitting through, the worst horror movie they ever seen.
Agreed POD, better to strengthen from a winning position. Terrific post .

Members online

Latest posts

Back