Hibs v Champs, Wed 7-Feb-24 at 8pm MIB=N.Walsh, VAR=Dallas

At least Maeda put a shift in ,didn't see Kuhn being direct once ,every pass backwards.Abada hasn't done a thing since Ange left .
Maeda always puts in a shift and did whip a great ball into the box I was surprised at him coming off and bernardo though neither were great, suppose its why Rodgers gets the big £s I was concerned about this game and his record there .
All season we've never been able to field a regular side.
Winning playing shite there I'll take it and hope it gives us confidence to kick on

His eyes were closed, something taught at school not to do , happens when head makes contact with the ball but he just threw himself headfirst upwards slightly trajectory should be a retro yellow at least.
Another one who followed through with no regard for another professionals safety, remember the Hun who did Christie, and the other one who did CalMac, disgraceful attempt to injure Hopefully AJ makes a full and speedy recovery, Canadians are tough, so he'll not be shy in getting stuck in HH

Maybe right before impact and as i said clumsy .Not sure hes went in with the intention of injuring Johnston.
There was more than one occasion last night when a Hibs player just jumped into the man, obviously a tactic being applied to injury our players, no attempt to Play the ball and should have produced more cards... Something that has been used in the past granted... But it is more noticeable now.. Remember Kyogo earlier this season 🚨🚨 As always this tactic gets ignored by our media.... But touch a huns toe and the place erupts..

I wonder if we have any scouts watching the African Cup of Nations (I know, what scouts?? Eh)
I've saw some quality there. Strong players with mad pace, who love to take on players and beat them. African players, in their homeland, love playing with a bit of flare and enjoy the showboating....they change when they move to European clubs as it doesn't quite fit with the style. But it would be well worth a punt. We might find a winger with enough skill and pace to take someone on and beat them!

Maybe right before impact and as i said clumsy .Not sure hes went in with the intention of injuring Johnston.
If you've seen it Marti , you don't tackle with your eyes shut , the same goes for a challenge in the air, eyes closed as he jumped so no control over where he might end up or who he may hit, could just as easily been his own team mate , dangerous play 100% , var and ref gave the penalty so there should've been a yellow for the recklessness of the challenge. Suppose we're just lucky to get the penalty at all same with the 2nd it's was Oriley complaining about the challenge.
Both were definately penalties off a pretty brutal hibs side out to maim it appeared at times

I wonder if we have any scouts watching the African Cup of Nations (I know, what scouts?? Eh)
I've saw some quality there. Strong players with mad pace, who love to take on players and beat them. African players, in their homeland, love playing with a bit of flare and enjoy the showboating....they change when they move to European clubs as it doesn't quite fit with the style. But it would be well worth a punt. We might find a winger with enough skill and pace to take someone on and beat them!
I mind when ange arrived we were apparently scouting the middle east region, Iran and others.
Watching Jordan the other night v Korea and they had some decent looking players , 2 super finishes for both goals , if we are still scouting there and haven't found any who could better some of who we have we're not scouting well though politics could be a factor.

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene, what a tackle from Ralston to keep the ball in our possession in move that led to 2nd penalty. A 40/60 challenge where his desire to get there won it.
It is incredible to think that Ralston won this challenge and was composed enough to lay off the pass. He will never be the greatest player but he has a great attitude and always gives his best, which is all I could ask of any player.

FB_IMG_1707428234560.jpg

It is incredible to think that Ralston won this challenge and was composed enough to lay off the pass. He will never be the greatest player but he has a great attitude and always gives his best, which is all I could ask of any player.

View attachment 25052
Would take a team of Tony Ralston's over any prima donna every day of the week, 100% commitment week in, week out Yesterday we saw a few guys get stuck in and I think they are getting the 'have each others backs' mentality HH

Back