Hobbies!

Looks like a job for hairspray
Wouldn't get me near that fucker
My mate in Sydney after a big party, woke up, hung to the tits, grabbed his tee shirt off the bedroom floor and as he pulled it over his head, a Huntsman spider crawled out of the neck and ran over his face
He told me, he whipped the shirt off and sobered up immediately
As the Aussies will tell you, they won't kill you with their bite, but it won't make you feel very well
A mate of mine in Melbourne told me they had to get the exterminators in, after his girls found a funnel web spider in their lawn

Barossa valley, I'm sure they'd do a version of the buckie but I'm a single malt guy myself.
Cheers for the welcome!
i thought it'd be nice to welcome you m8
i remember joining myself and spent weeks disproving the fact i wasn't a hun

eventually they realised i was much too intelligent for that...and that was my humour

i went to see the happy mondays the other night at kelvingrove bandstand, my pals went to the whisky bar in glasgow, me went to a local chinese canteen. they had no clue, drank 2 laphroig in 8 minutes..........they werent the same.........whats your favourite malt tipple ?

Philosophers and historians I've studied suggest that any society which built the likes of Newgrange, Stonehenge and both the Egyptian and Mayan temples would have had to have had thousands of years of study of the movement of the constellations. This suggests society 'high' enough to have people employed at astronomy and engineering for thousands of years.
The Library Of Alexandria burned and much of the remainder of ancient learning was purged and burnt by ignorant and small-minded people who came after the learned ancients.
I believe that what has persisted of ancient knowledge in the form of legends and religion is a warning from ancient societies who fucked up their world in much the same way as we are doing now. Unfortunately the warnings have been mystified and mistranslated by self-serving scribes through the passage of time.
Fundamentally Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have one core belief; what Judaism calls the 'Golden Rule' - do onto others as you'd have done onto you. This can be applied to all things including the planet we live on.
Modern religion has strayed far from this fundamental and it's ironic that the gospels carry accounts of Jesus admonishing the Jewish authorities at, I think, the Sanhedrin trial where he accused them of being 'obsessed with the letter of the law while ignoring the spirit of the law'. Been a good while since I did GCSE religion but that has always stayed with me.
I watched the first couple of episodes of 'Ancient Aliens' and was astonished at the ancient artefacts found in India like jewellery which looked like jet fighters and accounts in the Hindu texts which described what could only be nuclear warfare. It's no accident that Robert Oppenheimer, father of nuclear bombs, studied the Hindu Bhagavad-Gita and quoted from it after the first atomic bomb test - “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”.
I reckon it's all been done before, here and probably on the planet Mercury before this and Mars will be next. Everything is dynamic and nothing is static. Earth could have been where Mars is billions of years ago and Mercury where earth is now. As we strip our planet of resources we take carbon compounds and metallic ores from the earth and they get processed and utilised in ways that reduce their density through oxidisation. As the earth loses density it will spin faster and move closer to the sun. Global warming will only accelerate the process.
All the talk of 'life on Mars' is an illusion. Mars is a future home only waiting a more favourable orbiting position to sustain life and earth will ultimately be incapable of sustaining life; just like Mercury.
I ran this by a scientist in an observatory once and he freaked out. "No chance, the planets are exactly where they have always been". I haven't got GCSE physics but I know that's pure shite and contrary to all manner of scientific sense.
If I suddenly stop posting you can assume I knew too much and they got me. :ROFLMAO:
Sumdy's at the door....DO NOT OPEN IT
Interesting reading there
I watch Ancient Aliens, interesting theories on there

eventually they realised i was much too intelligent for that...and that was my humour

i went to see the happy mondays the other night at kelvingrove bandstand, my pals went to the whisky bar in glasgow, me went to a local chinese canteen. they had no clue, drank 2 laphroig in 8 minutes..........they werent the same.........whats your favourite malt tipple ?
I'm really getting into the peated varieties, but my favourite has been Lagavulin 16 for many years, it's yum!

Any musicians on The Noise?
The Sex Pistols song Bodies is crying out for a remake dedicated to this thread.

She was a girl from the Louden
Her club was an abortion
They seemed to strive on insolvency
But they laundered money not grown on a tree

Hobby-eeees I'm not an animal!

Well, we used to be paranoid...but only because everyone was after us
HH

I'm really getting into the peated varieties, but my favourite has been Lagavulin 16 for many years, it's yum!
I think that's the one my uncle loves, real expensive but the distillery water is piped right out of the peat bog. I had a sample of Tallisker Skye one time but when I bought a bottle I found the peat tone too be too harsh and contrived like it was chemically added.

Wouldn't get me near that fucker
My mate in Sydney after a big party, woke up, hung to the tits, grabbed his tee shirt off the bedroom floor and as he pulled it over his head, a Huntsman spider crawled out of the neck and ran over his face
He told me, he whipped the shirt off and sobered up immediately
As the Aussies will tell you, they won't kill you with their bite, but it won't make you feel very well
A mate of mine in Melbourne told me they had to get the exterminators in, after his girls found a funnel web spider in their lawn
That's better than finding a snake in your bed

Philosophers and historians I've studied suggest that any society which built the likes of Newgrange, Stonehenge and both the Egyptian and Mayan temples would have had to have had thousands of years of study of the movement of the constellations. This suggests society 'high' enough to have people employed at astronomy and engineering for thousands of years.
The Library Of Alexandria burned and much of the remainder of ancient learning was purged and burnt by ignorant and small-minded people who came after the learned ancients.
I believe that what has persisted of ancient knowledge in the form of legends and religion is a warning from ancient societies who fucked up their world in much the same way as we are doing now. Unfortunately the warnings have been mystified and mistranslated by self-serving scribes through the passage of time.
Fundamentally Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have one core belief; what Judaism calls the 'Golden Rule' - do onto others as you'd have done onto you. This can be applied to all things including the planet we live on.
Modern religion has strayed far from this fundamental and it's ironic that the gospels carry accounts of Jesus admonishing the Jewish authorities at, I think, the Sanhedrin trial where he accused them of being 'obsessed with the letter of the law while ignoring the spirit of the law'. Been a good while since I did GCSE religion but that has always stayed with me.
I watched the first couple of episodes of 'Ancient Aliens' and was astonished at the ancient artefacts found in India like jewellery which looked like jet fighters and accounts in the Hindu texts which described what could only be nuclear warfare. It's no accident that Robert Oppenheimer, father of nuclear bombs, studied the Hindu Bhagavad-Gita and quoted from it after the first atomic bomb test - “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”.
I reckon it's all been done before, here and probably on the planet Mercury before this and Mars will be next. Everything is dynamic and nothing is static. Earth could have been where Mars is billions of years ago and Mercury where earth is now. As we strip our planet of resources we take carbon compounds and metallic ores from the earth and they get processed and utilised in ways that reduce their density through oxidisation. As the earth loses density it will spin faster and move closer to the sun. Global warming will only accelerate the process.
All the talk of 'life on Mars' is an illusion. Mars is a future home only waiting a more favourable orbiting position to sustain life and earth will ultimately be incapable of sustaining life; just like Mercury.
I ran this by a scientist in an observatory once and he freaked out. "No chance, the planets are exactly where they have always been". I haven't got GCSE physics but I know that's pure shite and contrary to all manner of scientific sense.
If I suddenly stop posting you can assume I knew too much and they got me. :ROFLMAO:
i'd more likely think you fell asleep drunk and couldn't conciously copy and paste from Wiki :)

I think that's the one my uncle loves, real expensive but the distillery water is piped right out of the peat bog. I had a sample of Tallisker Skye one time but when I bought a bottle I found the peat tone too be too harsh and contrived like it was chemically added.
I do like the Talisker but not tried the sky one, Oban 10yr is nice too

Members online

Back