~I am SamTeàrlachH

As I said, I never read his posts. Avoided them as I thought he was a rocket. On the point about people looking at them and thinking we all felt the same would be avoided easily if the point of any thread was to call them out and show we don’t agree and question his true ‘Loyal’ ties. If you catch my drift?
Hi TV what I saw was truly disgusting yes he’s a rocket ? Hendry is world class mm ?
As BB says it would have been bad for this forum and the Club.
I do believe in the right of free speech but free hatred is a no.
Sam has already said thanks for the support
From the Noise and WC has red carded the ?.
That’s what I like about this forum we agree , disagree and give our honest opinions.
HH Sam

HH ??

Hi TV what I saw was truly disgusting yes he’s a rocket ? Hendry is world class mm ?
As BB says it would have been bad for this forum and the Club.
I do believe in the right of free speech but free hatred is a no.
Sam has already said thanks for the support
From the Noise and WC has red carded the ?.
That’s what I like about this forum we agree , disagree and give our honest opinions.
HH Sam

HH ??
He told me Jack Hendry was worth 150m but we sold him we'd only get 50m i think that sums up how much of a rocket he was, he won't be missed for numerous reasons.

Islamophobia is a catch all term that can include justified criticism of certain edicts of that religion

That's absolute rubbish. Why the fuck is this still being discussed? Islamophobia is not 'justifiable criticism of Islam' - it's a term that is used legally to describe hatred of Islam and Muslims. Not 'justifiable criticism of Islam' - that nonsense, this will to act as if Islamophobia is a conflation of 'legitimate criticism of Islam', is itself Islamophobic. As is the idea that antisemitism is actually just a word that could be used to describe 'legitimate criticism' of Judaism.

Being called a 'Bin Laden fucker', on account of having an Arabo-Islamic name or your appearance, is Islamophobia. Saying you don't believe that Muhammad received divine revelation from Jibril in Hira at Jabal an-Nour is not. And no one claims it is. Not the Runnymede Trust, who first coined the term, and not anyone who legally, sociologically or anthropologically defines the term 'Islamophobia'.

Having pig's head thrown through your window or the window of a mosque is Islamophobia. Saying you think the Qur'an, and subsequent fiqh (like any of these cunts know what any of this means, which is of course part of the problem when people start talking shite about what they think Islamophobia is or isn't), doesn't provide enough clarity on the relations between Muslims and other faiths is not.

It's so, so easy. Unless you want to justify Islamophobia.

The idiot idea that you can't criticise Islam without being called an 'Islamophobe' is, hilariously, usually made by some arsehole writing in the Daily Mail or some even worse Islamophobic website who never ever ever stops slagging off Muslims. And you'll find that not one of them can actually offer up a 'legitimate criticism' of Islam, not that there aren't plenty. I couldn't personally give a fuck. I have as much of an affinity with Islam, the religion of my father, as I do with Catholicism, the religion of my mother - I believe in and practice neither. But I know a thing or two about both and read Arabic well enough and know a decent bit about the history of Islam.

Islam, as it's popularly understood today, with Sunni and Shia, two blanket terms describing extremely diverse strands of the faith, was literally born in a schism of self-criticism. The Christian reformation occurred in the Middle Ages, but Islam, since its inception in the year of 632, was essentially in a constant state of reform, splits and what they call fitna ('strife') - some of it, by definition, was not good, other parts of it were progressive.

Islam, like any belief system, can be and is criticised (in the West, it's obviously criticised to the point of absurdity by idiots claiming you can't criticise Islam), but to criticise something you have to understand it first. I could sit here and bore everyone to tears with criticisms of Islam based on my lived experience of it and my understanding of it, but I won't. If someone, however, asked me to criticise Hinduism, I'd not be able to, as I don't have the necessary understanding of the faith and really don't have any desire to criticise the faith. I could easily criticise Hindu nationalism, of the Narendra Modi-BJP variety, much like I could and have criticised Salafi-jihadism and other forms of Islamic chauvinism - you don't need advanced understandings of Islam to criticise and oppose a totalitarian ideology.

A good forum member is going to leave because the bigot calling themselves 888Greekcelt1888 is being given a free reign to spout Islamophobic propaganda and bigotry.
This should not be the case. Decent Celtic supporters should not be made to tolerate such vileness. Imagine if a player or family member of a player from the Muslim community came on here and saw that. Nice impression to give them of the fanbase.

I stand with SamTeàrlachH
Absolutely

Appreciate all this, of course. But it has all been sorted out. That scumbag was rightfully banished. So I'm drawing a line under it. I won't reply to this thread if it concerns anything to do with Islam, as I don't want to talk about Islam or Islamophobia on a Celtic forum. I, oddly enough, want to talk about Celtic and fitba. But thanks very, very much to His Holy Father @Pope Mikus Maximus and all the other folks who saw the problem with this fucker. Including Winning Captains, who wasn't aware of his posts.

Now, let's all laugh at Sevco. Some remarkable shit being spouted. Anyone noticed that the dominant media narrative after our victory is about how Slippy 'got it wrong' and not about how Lenny got it right? The Daily Telegraph have a play-by-play breakdown of it, with the tacit conclusion being that actually Sevco lost the game, as opposed to us winning it. The idea that the glorious Queen's 11 got beat by a better side is apparently not something they can concede this year.

A good forum member is going to leave because the bigot calling themselves 888Greekcelt1888 is being given a free reign to spout Islamophobic propaganda and bigotry.
This should not be the case. Decent Celtic supporters should not be made to tolerate such vileness. Imagine if a player or family member of a player from the Muslim community came on here and saw that. Nice impression to give them of the fanbase.

I stand with SamTeàrlachH

true but 2 funny cumin out d mouth of a member who insults Roman catholics wiv 1970's carry on innuendo username.
such a comedian 2 hav thunk of dat one up.
would it be ok to have a username mohammed nobbus bigus. no it would not. so ban yourself at same time kunto

I saw most of the posts and argued with GreekCelt about his Islamophobia and ended up having to block him as he become worse as we saw his true nature. There's no room on here for that kind of hatred......unless it's against the huns of course, and WC was correct in deleting the posts as they reflected badly on this forum.

That's absolute rubbish. Why the fuck is this still being discussed? Islamophobia is not 'justifiable criticism of Islam' - it's a term that is used legally to describe hatred of Islam and Muslims. Not 'justifiable criticism of Islam' - that nonsense, this will to act as if Islamophobia is a conflation of 'legitimate criticism of Islam', is itself Islamophobic. As is the idea that antisemitism is actually just a word that could be used to describe 'legitimate criticism' of Judaism.

Being called a 'Bin Laden fucker', on account of having an Arabo-Islamic name or your appearance, is Islamophobia. Saying you don't believe that Muhammad received divine revelation from Jibril in Hira at Jabal an-Nour is not. And no one claims it is. Not the Runnymede Trust, who first coined the term, and not anyone who legally, sociologically or anthropologically defines the term 'Islamophobia'.

Having pig's head thrown through your window or the window of a mosque is Islamophobia. Saying you think the Qur'an, and subsequent fiqh (like any of these cunts know what any of this means, which is of course part of the problem when people start talking shite about what they think Islamophobia is or isn't), doesn't provide enough clarity on the relations between Muslims and other faiths is not.

It's so, so easy. Unless you want to justify Islamophobia.

That’s just hatred and I don’t obviously agree with that. What I am saying is there are certain things enshrined in holy books that is morally wrong. Homophobia, the position of women. Apostase where people get killed for leaving the religion. A woman being disadvated under law where their testimony is less than a man’s. These things are not supported in any secular democracy and it is right to say that they shouldn’t exist anywhere.

Having problems with these things is not Islamophobia. The things you cited are just hate. That’s unacceptable, but to say that religion of any shade gets a by when they say gay people are inferior or women are inferior is wrong and saying that doesn’t make you Islamophobia it makes you a person who doesn’t agree with scripture based prejudice.

That’s just hatred and I don’t obviously agree with that. What I am saying is there are certain things enshrined in holy books that is morally wrong. Homophobia, the position of women. Apostase where people get killed for leaving the religion. A woman being disadvated under law where their testimony is less than a man’s. These things are not supported in any secular democracy and it is right to say that they shouldn’t exist anywhere.

Having problems with these things is not Islamophobia. The things you cited are just hate. That’s unacceptable, but to say that religion of any shade gets a by when they say gay people are inferior or women are inferior is wrong and saying that doesn’t make you Islamophobia it makes you a person who doesn’t agree with scripture based prejudice.

Good god. Read my post again. There is not one single definition of Islamophobia, legally or sociologically, that says that pointing out any homophobic passages of the Qur'an and criticising them is Islamophobic. In fact, if you're a Muslim preacher in some shithouse Salafi masjid or madrasa and you preach about stoning gays to death (something that has no Qur'anic basis - the word 'homosexuality' is never mentioned in the Qur'an), you'll be arrested for inciting hatred. Rightfully. As has happened many times. That's not what Islamophobia means. Islamophobia means a hatred of Islam and Muslims. I contrasted acts of hatred, Islamophobia, with criticisms of Islam for this express purpose.

Again, it says in the Qur'an, a document written/compiled in the 7th century, you can beat your wife lightly with a stick. It says in the Torah and obviously thus the Old Testament that you can stone someone who works on the Sabbath to death and that a 'man who lies with a man' must be put to death.

There is, and this is my last comment on this, not one single legal or sociological or political precedent for deeming any criticism of the above to be deemed Islamophobic, antisemitic or criminally prejudiced against Christians.

Again, it says in the Qur'an, a document written/compiled in the 7th century, you can beat your wife lightly with a stick. It says in the Torah and obviously thus the Old Testament that you can stone someone who works on the Sabbath to death and that a 'man who lies with a man' must be put to death.

There is, and this is my last comment on this, not one single legal or sociological or political precedent for deeming any criticism of the above to be deemed Islamophobic, antisemitic or criminally prejudiced against Christians.

I never said it did. Again, my point is some credible criticism is shoehorned in with the broader Islamophobia term. Which I think is wrong. Hate of people is a different can of worms.

true but 2 funny cumin out d mouth of a member who insults Roman catholics wiv 1970's carry on innuendo username.
such a comedian 2 hav thunk of dat one up.
would it be ok to have a username mohammed nobbus bigus. no it would not. so ban yourself at same time kunto

'Mikus Maximus' refers to Big Mike; the avatar is a bit of a fucking giveaway. that you would read that and happen to be thinking about big dicks says a lot more about you than it does my username.
Those of us raised in the Catholic faith in Ireland don't say Roman Catholic. We say Catholic. The only people who say Roman Catholic are Protestant bigots. Non bigot Protestants just say Catholic too.

'Mikus Maximus' refers to Big Mike; the avatar is a bit of a fucking giveaway. that you would read that and happen to be thinking about big dicks says a lot more about you than it does my username.
Those of us raised in the Catholic faith in Ireland don't say Roman Catholic. We say Catholic. The only people who say Roman Catholic are Protestant bigots. Non bigot Protestants just say Catholic too.
Hi Mike this ones dicknames dpoopster
We usually give all his suecuntinperb posts ?
Sadly he’s a bit like a Klingon ?

HH ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back